Bills cancel Friday practice due to weather

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

? He was drafted....and we were 6-1 well after he was let go....

The curse started that day. We dared to take thy Lord's name in vain and are reaping his vengeance. McD should build a snow ark and sail the team to Detroit

Edited by RobbRiddick

24 minutes ago, zow2 said:

So maybe no practices Wednesday, Friday and Saturday?!  That’s just wonderful before a big game.

Wow, what a rough period for this team.  The o is performing badly after halftime and they needed work on the red zone and offense in general. Injuries , illness, ,now missing practices and losing a home game followed by a short week. I have to admit my confidence in this situation for the team has taken a big hit. You can only  tolerate so much and the obstacles get to be too much , like a straw that breaks the camels back situation. This is a huge distraction and they are playing a team whose offense is built to go against one of this D’S weaknesses.  The season could be on the edge here if they happen to drop one or two close games. Wishing for the best but odds  are really stacking against the team. Bad time for a slumping team to lose a home game , have extra traveling and the distractions around this terrible storm. 

Having been thru two hurricanes coming close to my home recently , and being from Ohio and faced snow storms growing up , my thoughts and prayers are with all you on the board being affected. Watching the Erie county warnings on YouTube and things look really tough there. Two people have already died with MI ‘s ( heart attacks) shoveling snow up there according to the Sheriff’s office and county health officials at their 3 pm briefing.  If you have any cardiac issues , please stay away from shoveling as the cold and exercise really increase the risk of sudden cardiac death.  Be careful with generators because of carbon monoxide poisoning.   Stay safe off the roads and stay snuggled in safe with your families.  Nothing is worth going out and losing your life over, so be wise and stay inside  !

Best wishes, thoughts and prayers with you guys as you go thru this dangerous storm.  Hopefully , things will ease off by game time so you can at least watch it safely in your homes up there. This is really turning out to be a season of challenges and if they somehow make it out with two wins , it really could help propel them to big things. It unfortunately could just as easily go the other way, and we could see a promising start crash to a halt. . Mcd is pretty good at crunch time with holding the team together thru adversity, so hopefully things go well, but it’s becoming a difficult lift.  Go Bills, stay safe ! 😊👍

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

totally ridiculous.  Everyone saw this weather event coming a week ahead of time.  Get to Detroit, practice there.  

Brandon Beane was asked during the conference yesterday, if they were going up to Detroit early.  He said we’d like to stay on his schedule so will go up later Saturday.  

Is McDermitt OCD have to keep everything the same??? I would’ve flown to Detroit yesterday or gone to Rochester and stay there overnight  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

So maybe no practices Wednesday, Friday and Saturday?!  That’s just wonderful before a big game.

Well the last time this happened in 2014, wasn't able to practice for a day or two, went to Detroit and blew out the Jets.  Recall much talk nationally how likely it would be the Bills would get blown out due to little prep time.   

52 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well the last time this happened in 2014, wasn't able to practice for a day or two, went to Detroit and blew out the Jets.  Recall much talk nationally how likely it would be the Bills would get blown out due to little prep time.   

I hear ya.  Hopefully that happens.  But it’s just dumb.  We all know that once the snow machine started last night, all the guys who live near Hamburg and Orchard Park would have a helluva time getting out, to a practice much less the airport.   The moment the game was moved to Detroit (and i’m sure Beane and McD knew an hour or two before the media)…they should have mobilized the team and gotten them the hell out of there.. as we mentioned either bus to Rochester or to Detroit on the spot.  Then have the equipment guys and whoever else figure out the rest of the logistics.  

They still might get to Detroit tomorrow late afternoon (i’ll believe it when i see it)…but it’s going to be a huge effort to round up all the players, coaches and staff.  Didn’t have to be.  So i guess Zoom practices will have to suffice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.