How much nickel do we play Sunday?

TBBills Fan

How much are we gonna be in the Nickel against Cleveland  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How much are we gonna be in the Nickel against Cleveland

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I'd love to see Edmunds, Milano, and Dodson out there for the majority of early downs, but I assume the Bills will remain in a 4-2 90% of the time.

I would love this, and move T Johnson to a Safety type of role while Poyer is still out.

14 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

You sell BS too? Wow; 😄

Sometimes!  Depends on the buyer. Ha ha

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

They'll run the same nickel defense they always do. Change doesn't come easy.

With Edmunds out, I'd like to see a 5-1-5 defense.

Lawson... Jones ... Phillips ... Oliver ... Miller

2 hours ago, 27yanks said:

I say go 5-2-4 until they prove they can beat the D with passing. Or go up early by 30 and hold on to win by 3. 

I wouldn't mind seeing either or both

On 11/18/2022 at 2:15 AM, newcam2012 said:

I hear you but Cooper can certainly burn the Bills. Peoples can get some big plays too. It's not like the Bills aren't missing Hyde, Poyer, and Tre. Don't kid yourself injuries have made this Bills defense beatable. Add in a banged up Edmunds and Milano not practicing. The injuries are taking its toll. The Packers pounded the Bills with the run, the Jets ran 8 straight times from their 6 yard line in a 4th quarter critical drive, and Jefferson destroyed the Bills while Cook rattled off an 81 yard TD. Not to mention how many 3rd and 4th and longs were converted by the opposition. Folks, lets see the defense for what it is. Due to injuries, this team is a shell of itself. No one should feel confident the Bills D can stop Chubb. Heck, Zack Wilson bottom tier QB made enough plays to win. 

All really valid points and it’s the reality of a 6-3 team.   Throw in the lack of practice this week , a terrible red zone offense, a team unable to adjust enough to score any tds after half for 3 games, a ROOKIE OC whose tendencies are being exposed , Allen in an int slump while also dealing with an elbow issue, WR’s other than Diggs underperforming and Knox also not producing as expected , an inconsistent almost nonexistent run game from the backs who also struggle with ball security issues, our inability to find much use for Hines after trading for him, add in a D line that still struggles to actually get sacks on players like Wilson and Cousins that results in those  long distance down conversions you mentioned, and I wouldn’t be shocked if Cleveland makes enough big run plays to pull off an upset. 

We didn’t get to 6-3, being 3 rd inthe east and 0-2 in the division by being an unbeatable team.  This team, as it now stands , is no where near the team that started the season, and a big part of that is missing Hyde and White unexpectedly from the backfield. This d can’t be.counted on to hold leads currently and I expect Frazier to run the same packages as always despite facing Chubb because of the lack of practice time.  Cleveland just has to stick with their run game and the Bills have shown they will blow gap coverage at some point as Frazier’s scheme repeatedly ends up with 7 guys responsible for 8 gaps,  if you have seen and buy into the good analysis by cover1. 

The Bills are facing an unexpected challenge and to win they have to correct all the offensive production woes regarding their  second half slump and red zone miseries, while also trying to stop the top back in  the league  with an error prone defensive squad riddled with injuries.  It would be a huge confidence builder and spring board for the remainder of the season if they turn all this around and get back to looking like the team that began the season. If anybody can pull this off, I would bet McD could, so it will be interesting to see how he does. IMO, it’s hard to see this as a blowout win a lot of fans are predicting. Any win given all that is going on would be fantastic. Go Bills. 😊

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

All really valid points and it’s the reality of a 6-3 team.   Throw in the lack of practice this week , a terrible red zone offense, a team unable to adjust enough to score any tds after half for 3 games, a ROOKIE OC whose tendencies are being exposed , Allen in an int slump while also dealing with an elbow issue, WR’s other than Diggs underperforming and Knox also not producing as expected , an inconsistent almost nonexistent run game from the backs who also struggle with ball security issues, our inability to find much use for Hines after trading for him, add in a D line that still struggles to actually get sacks on players like Wilson and Cousins that results in those  long distance down conversions you mentioned, and I wouldn’t be shocked if Cleveland makes enough big run plays to pull off an upset. 

We didn’t get to 6-3, being 3 rd inthe east and 0-2 in the division by being an unbeatable team.  This team, as it now stands , is no where near the team that started the season, and a big part of that is missing Hyde and White unexpectedly from the backfield. This d can’t be.counted on to hold leads currently and I expect Frazier to run the same packages as always despite facing Chubb because of the lack of practice time.  Cleveland just has to stick with their run game and the Bills have shown they will blow gap coverage at some point as Frazier’s scheme repeatedly ends up with 7 guys responsible for 8 gaps,  if you have seen and buy into the good analysis by cover1. 

The Bills are facing an unexpected challenge and to win they have to correct all the offensive production woes regarding their  second half slump and red zone miseries, while also trying to stop the top back in  the league  with an error prone defensive squad riddled with injuries.  It would be a huge confidence builder and spring board for the remainder of the season if they turn all this around and get back to looking like the team that began the season. If anybody can pull this off, I would bet McD could, so it will be interesting to see how he does. IMO, it’s hard to see this as a blowout win a lot of fans are predicting. Any win given all that is going on would be fantastic. Go Bills. 😊

Read every word of your post. It was very well thought out and accurate. What I thoroughly enjoyed was the blunt honesty and realistic view of the team and it's coaches. Well done!!!👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.