Tickets for game in Detroit ??????????

RyanC883

I have looked everywhere I can think of but can't find details for ticket sales other than there is a presale presumably for ST holders at 2pm this afternoon, perhaps another presale for Bills app users (or maybe it is rolled in with the same 2pm presale), and at some point after that it would open to the general public.  Tickets prices will be "significantly" lower.

Outside of these limited details, nothing has been communicated.  I would hope emails with presale codes go out to ST holders early this morning.  Would also like to know if there are any ticket limits.

Interesting note, I tried to download the bills app because I didn’t have it and it says it is “currently unavailable for purchase as it is being modified” … I’m guessing this is a control mechanism to try to let bills fans get tickets before browns. They are opening up to STH and then current Bills app users first. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting note, I tried to download the bills app because I didn’t have it and it says it is “currently unavailable for purchase as it is being modified” … I’m guessing this is a control mechanism to try to let bills fans get tickets before browns. They are opening up to STH and then current Bills app users first. 

Interesting...someone posited upthread that the Bills may run ticket sales through the app.

I wonder which side of the field the bills will claim.  Normally I’d assume the lions side, but McDermott seems to like consistency.  Since they play again Thursday it wouldn’t surprise me if the bills setup on the visitor side.  Curious as i prefer sitting on the bills side so I’d hope to know before I buy my tickets.

The Bills should have a presale with eligibility based on TBD poster reputation...I can think of a few of you who won't be making the cut 😉

1 minute ago, vanhalen26 said:

I wonder which side of the field the bills will claim.  Normally I’d assume the lions side, but McDermott seems to like consistency.  Since they play again Thursday it wouldn’t surprise me if the bills setup on the visitor side.  Curious as i prefer sitting on the bills side so I’d hope to know before I buy my tickets.

Beane said in yesterday's presser that they will use all of the visitor amenities including the sideline to keep it consistent for Thursday.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

As this is a Bills home game technically, they'll really want to let Bills fans have first crack at tickets, especially as ST may not be able to make it to Detroit so those tickets could go to Browns fans. 

Saying that, are the Browns fans really interested in traveling being 3-6?

I dont expect a lot of browns fans but maybe local neutral fans would be interested 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I dont expect a lot of browns fans but maybe local neutral fans would be interested 

There are quite a few Bills fans in Southwestern Ontario.  I am a two hour drive from Detroit and I see plenty of Bills gear around and I get a "Go Bills" whenever I'm wearing my gear.

8 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I got my tickets on SeatGeek. No refund yet or any mention of any plan. What a crappy platform to buy from. Literally all their competitors have provided full refunds meanwhile these jabronis told me via chat that they are still working on a plan. You mean you didn’t have any contingencies for a storm that was forecasted 4 days prior, or for hurricanes, catastrophes, etc. give me a break. 

hopefully they do the right thing and refund. But I shouldn’t have to wait this long for them to do the right thing. Don’t use SeatGeek

Prediction:  they will offer you a “code” to use for a one-time future purchase in the amount of your original purchase.

We have season tickets to the Lions and we have to respond by 12 noon today to receive 4 free complimentary tickets in the lower bowl. Of course we're getting the free tickets.  But I also have Bills season and hopefully I will have some preference over the public for better seats then the free ones.

12 minutes ago, reelpositive said:

We have season tickets to the Lions and we have to respond by 12 noon today to receive 4 free complimentary tickets in the lower bowl. Of course we're getting the free tickets.  But I also have Bills season and hopefully I will have some preference over the public for better seats then the free ones.

For real?  So Lions season ticket holders are able to scoop up 4 lowers for free before Bills season ticket holders have a chance to purchase tickets for a Bills "home" game?  Jeez.

Savvy Lions ST holders could scoop up their 4 freebies and scalp them off...if they get anything it's a profit and if they are stuck with them they aren't out a penny.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Prediction:  they will offer you a “code” to use for a one-time future purchase in the amount of your original purchase.

I dealt with them for another event earlier this week and their response time on questions was brutal.  And they close their phone lines at 11.  That’s not bad for us, but if you bought a west coast event and have an issue you’re screwed.  And they don’t answer questions directly either - they say we have a guarantee we’ll stand behind.

I bought seats to a sold out event and the seller wasn’t delivering the ticket.  Meanwhile more seats were made available thru Ticketmaster and I couldn’t get a direct reply on whether they’d refund or buy me a similar replacement … so I couldn’t just buy a new ticket from Ticketmaster.  I don’t like them at all.

14 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

For real?  So Lions season ticket holders are able to scoop up 4 lowers for free before Bills season ticket holders have a chance to purchase tickets for a Bills "home" game?  Jeez.

Savvy Lions ST holders could scoop up their 4 freebies and scalp them off...if they get anything it's a profit and if they are stuck with them they aren't out a penny.

I’d either make all free or all paid.  If there’s a bunch of free ones Stubhub will be flooded with cheap seats and then people who paid at todays onsale will feel dumb. I won’t be happy if I pay a couple hundred a seat and then similar seats are on Stubhub for $20.  But what can you do, they are doing the best they can on a short window and also want to make sure they get some asses in the seats.

Im wondering if it’s reserved or general admission of some sort.  Hoping reserved, just seems calmer and more organized.

57 minutes ago, reelpositive said:

Nice!   Enjoy, man

9 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I got my tickets on SeatGeek. No refund yet or any mention of any plan. What a crappy platform to buy from. Literally all their competitors have provided full refunds meanwhile these jabronis told me via chat that they are still working on a plan. You mean you didn’t have any contingencies for a storm that was forecasted 4 days prior, or for hurricanes, catastrophes, etc. give me a break. 

hopefully they do the right thing and refund. But I shouldn’t have to wait this long for them to do the right thing. Don’t use SeatGeek

Same here.   I used my Chase card so I might chat them up on Monday just to see if the dispute window has passed.  (stupidly, I purchased back on August 1st).

1 hour ago, eball said:

I’d be fine with this actually, as long as it’s good for at least a year.

1 hour ago, reelpositive said:

Thanks for the info.  This would mean tickets will be dirt cheap for those of us out of towners that are thinking about popping into Detroit for the game.

9 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

This should be the same procedure they use when somebody buys tickets to a game 7 of a playoff series that never happens. very weird they are acting like this is the first event cancellation they ever dealt with.

I heard Brandon Beane say that tickets would be cheaper than standard prices and hoped Bills fans in Michigan would be coming.  I have Courtyard hotel near stadium booked.  Anyone know much about downtown sports bars.  My son in law (Browns fan) was sorry to miss the Buffalo experience, but would like to catch Buckeyes game if we get there early enough.  Looks like a 4 hour drive from Cleveland and wouldn't mind meeting up with some TBD fans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.