Tickets for game in Detroit ??????????

RyanC883

2 hours ago, DasNootz said:

My group is debating it via text tonight.  Having I90 and the border closed on Saturday will add about 3 hours to our drive on Saturday to skirt around the storm (coming from northern NY)

If you do skirt around... Don't make the mistake and do it too early and come up I79. You may get into some teeth of Lake Effect coming off The Lake.  Go further west before getting north to I80/90...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm going to go from Cleveland 

We plan on driving from Cleveland also.  I rerouted my flight to Cleveland this morning thnking Detroit was a possibility, since my brother lives there and he was going to meet me in Buffalo anyway.  Working out well.

28 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We are waiting.  Don't  get them. In 2014, they let us in for free.  I had tix on StubHub! for the Orchard Park game...They refunded me.

We are going to wait and just drive there. It can't be a sell out... If it is, and can't get some cheapo seat... Will watch it somewhere... 

If I recall... 2014 was general admission anyway. Not sure how they are gonna run this... But we will wing it.

That's correct. $25 GA I believe. Wasn't even half full, though I expect more Browns fans to make the trip than Jets fans did back then.

• Agree 1

I got my tickets on SeatGeek. No refund yet or any mention of any plan. What a crappy platform to buy from. Literally all their competitors have provided full refunds meanwhile these jabronis told me via chat that they are still working on a plan. You mean you didn’t have any contingencies for a storm that was forecasted 4 days prior, or for hurricanes, catastrophes, etc. give me a break. 

hopefully they do the right thing and refund. But I shouldn’t have to wait this long for them to do the right thing. Don’t use SeatGeek

Edited by VaMilBill

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

I’m going. Very disappointed about not getting to go to Buffalo. It’s only  a only a couple extra hours drive to Detroit from Hamilton, so the trip ain’t totally wasted. Really sucks I’ll be missing out the wings. 

my thoughts exactly.  Driving from PGH is only 1.5-2 hours longer, missing Duffs is the HUGE disappointment.  I plan to be back in Buffalo for the AFCCG!!

40 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We are waiting.  Don't  get them. In 2014, they let us in for free.  I had tix on StubHub! for the Orchard Park game...They refunded me.

We are going to wait and just drive there. It can't be a sell out... If it is, and can't get some cheapo seat... Will watch it somewhere... 

If I recall... 2014 was general admission anyway. Not sure how they are gonna run this... But we will wing it.

There is no way that you won’t get a seat.  I’m trying to get front row seats.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DasNootz said:

My group is debating it via text tonight.  Having I90 and the border closed on Saturday will add about 3 hours to our drive on Saturday to skirt around the storm (coming from northern NY)

If you go, I would drive into Ontario as far east as you can (depending on where you leave).

It should be easy driving on the other side of the water.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There is no way that you won’t get a seat.  I’m trying to get front row seats.

I just want in... Hoping that Browns fans don't jump our home game.  They have a shorter,  safer ride!

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If you go, I would drive into Ontario as far east as you can (depending on where you leave).

It should be easy driving on the other side of the water.

We do it from time to time going thru Southern Ontario... Avoid alee of Lake...

But...You need a passport. 

23 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just want in... Hoping that Browns fans don't jump our home game.  They have a shorter,  safer ride!

The stadium for the last two home games has housed denser swaths of (NFC) opponent jerseys than I can remember seeing outside of Pittsburg games during the drought. Audible cheers and chants from opposing fans...in Orchard Park. Disappointing, but then again understandable, disloyalty by season ticket holders...reselling for matchups with fanbases who travel. Good business, bad fandom. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I got my tickets on SeatGeek. No refund yet or any mention of any plan. What a crappy platform to buy from. Literally all their competitors have provided full refunds meanwhile these jabronis told me via chat that they are still working on a plan. You mean you didn’t have any contingencies for a storm that was forecasted 4 days prior, or for hurricanes, catastrophes, etc. give me a break. 

hopefully they do the right thing and refund. But I shouldn’t have to wait this long for them to do the right thing. Don’t use SeatGeek

I'm not sure what part of "the event we sold tickets to no longer exists" requires a plan to refund.

My guess is they're asking their lawyers if they can legally get away with keeping your money and instead issuing credits for a future purchase from them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm not sure what part of "the event we sold tickets to no longer exists" requires a plan to refund.

My guess is they're asking their lawyers if they can legally get away with keeping your money and instead issuing credits for a future purchase from them.

It's gonna take a few days for the refunds if I remember from 2014. 

46 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

There's plenty of free places to stay in Detroit.

abandoned-detroit.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k

Love that architecture.

21 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I know StubHub did that to me over a Sabres game in MTL that got cancelled at the start of the pandemic.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What do you guys think the response will be?  I'm driving up from Atlanta and curious to see the turnout.

From a fan perspective, this certainly favors the Browns. Detroit is not that far from Cleveland. And fans who otherwise were not even thinking about going to Buffalo, will have a nice opportunity to go see their team. For most of the people west of Cleveland, it is a 2 hour or less drive (Cleveland to Detroit is 2.5 hours). If I was a Brownie fan, I would certainly consider it.

As for Bills fans from WNY, for most, with the weather and distance, it is not even an option.

This move clearly benefits the Browns fan base--they will far outnumber the Bills fans on Sunday.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Love that architecture.

I know StubHub did that to me over a Sabres game in MTL that got cancelled at the start of the pandemic.

I used StubHiub this past weekend, it was an AWFUL experience. I will never use them again.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, CSBill said:

From a fan perspective, this certainly favors the Browns. Detroit is not that far from Cleveland. And fans who otherwise were not even thinking about going to Buffalo, will have a nice opportunity to go see their team. For most of the people west of Cleveland, it is a 2 hour or less drive (Cleveland to Detroit is 2.5 hours). If I was a Brownie fan, I would certainly consider it.

As for Bills fans from WNY, for most, with the weather and distance, it is not even an option.

This move clearly benefits the Browns fan base--they will far outnumber the Bills fans on Sunday.

What I’m hoping for is you have a lot of Browns fans not interested since they are 3-6 and it’s right before Thanksgiving.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.