The 2022 November Blizzard in General

T&C

Wow!  My parents are in Niagara County still (they are in their 80s now).  Thank goodness that they have kind neighbors who will help bail them out from this.  Granted, Niagara County, near Lake Ontario, gets a buffer.  But, still.  An inch of snow and I worry about my dad dying in his driveway.

Edited by TheCockSportif

1 hour ago, TheCockSportif said:

Wow!  My parents are in Niagara County still (they are in their 80s now).  Thank goodness that they have kind neighbors who will help bail them out from this.  Granted, Niagara County, near Lake Ontario, gets a buffer.  But, still.  An inch of snow and I worry about my dad dying in his driveway.

It just started rolling through the south towns... hope all goes well with your parents but they will be fine as long as they just stay put inside binge watching old rock concerts on Youtube.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

It just started rolling through the south towns... hope all goes well with your parents but they will be fine as long as they just stay put inside binge watching old rock concerts on Youtube.

They'll be fine most likely, but they are more the NPR crowd.  My father still hates rock music.  And yet, he's old school and irreverent and fun.

48 inches in Blasdel as of a few hours ago. 42 in OP. Sister lives in WS near where Transit transitions to Southwestern- 36-40 inches a few minutes ago.I am near William and Union in Cheektowaga. Up to car axles at 5 AM. Only drivers side mirror visible at 9 AM, Couldget 3 more feat stadium by end of storms.

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

48 inches in Blasdel as of a few hours ago. 42 in OP. Sister lives in WS near where Transit transitions to Southwestern- 36-40 inches a few minutes ago.I am near William and Union in Cheektowaga. Up to car axles at 5 AM. Only drivers side mirror visible at 9 AM, Couldget 3 more feat stadium by end of storms.

NFL really dropped the ball on this one. They aren't moving magnets around on metal boards predicting the weather anymore... this is now streamlined with modern technology... and they ignored it until the 11th hour. If somehow we can't get everyone to Detroit this one is on the NFL, not the Bills.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

NFL really dropped the ball on this one. They aren't moving magnets around on metal boards predicting the weather anymore... this is now streamlined with modern technology... and they ignored it until the 11th hour. If somehow we can't get everyone to Detroit this one is on the NFL, not the Bills.

Both my wife and I making the drive.  Will fill in for two local WNYers that can't get out. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.