Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

LOL.  Easy there girl.  I meant he didn't have a clue about snow.  He thought they could clear 6'5" of snow out of the stadium

before tomorrow.  

I take my role as 2bd pipsqueak VERY  seriously..............granted it was easy pickins' but I couldnt resist. Made me lol

🙂 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SF Bills Fan said:

A group of snowmobilers picked up Bills players at their homes. They were assigned players. A young kid who my buddy back there knows picked up Josh Allen at his home. They brought them to the busses in OP to head to airport. 

That’s a tweet from one of the young guys that helped with it. That’s my buddy’s nephew, John. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'd like to think the shared insanity of the last 48 hours and all the stories of Bills fans digging the players out of the snow will snap this team out of whatever funk they've been in the last two weeks.

Hope so. Things are shaping up nicely. 

Hopefully this little disruption helps snap them out of their funk. 

Two bad teams we should dominate in domes. 

A patriots team that we've dominated in recent years in prime time with them on short rest. 

10 days rest. 

Two division games at home. 

Hopefully tomorrow is the start of a nice run to end the season. Health will be key.👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd like to think that the shared insanity of the last 48 hours and all the stories of Bills fans digging the players out of the snow will snap this team out of whatever funk they've been in the last two weeks.

I agree and also as a proud Buffalo guy who moved away after spending my first 56 years there , doesnt surprise me how the fans,the people , all came together to get the players to the airport.. its a very unique , beautiful  place.. Will tune  out all the negative BS about "leaving early"  "wasting resources on the situation" .. Love you Buffalo!

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

They already said they couldn't get a charter flight in time before the first wave of snow hit and the airport closed.

They're flying out now and I think it was good the players got to be home to experience this stuff with their families.

It's all good.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Let's move on. They will be in Detroit in three hours. It will be okay. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

oy....

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm assuming Weo is asking why wouldn't they (the players/staff) stay at hotels near airport. There are multiple across from terminal

exactly.  Why would their Plan A be "ask your neighbors and others to dig you out after the full amount of snow had fallen".

They had no way of knowing if it would be possible yesterday.  Simple plan is get everyone out of the boonies of OP and close to the airport all together.  It's an obvious question.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd like to think that the shared insanity of the last 48 hours and all the stories of Bills fans digging the players out of the snow will snap this team out of whatever funk they've been in the last two weeks.

There is a lot of precedent for when these crazy weather events happening the team goes and crushes the opponent.

During October Storm, Sabres went to  Detroit, won in a shootout and then came back home to drub the New York Rangers with much of the area listening on their battery powered radios since there was no power in many places...

Snowvember Part I the Bills go to Detroit and absolutely destroy the Jets coached by Sexy Rexy.

Snowvember Part II??

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

oy....

exactly.  Why would their Plan A be "ask your neighbors and others to dig you out after the full amount of snow had fallen".

They had no way of knowing if it would be possible yesterday.  Simple plan is get everyone out of the boonies of OP and close to the airport all together.  It's an obvious question.

I had heard that all the hotel rooms were sold out because of the advance notice of the storm. Maybe they couldn’t get a place that would house all the players and staff that live in OP?

I’m just spitballing, hoping the answer from McD isn’t “We never thought of that”. 🤣

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WotAGuy said:

I had heard that all the hotel rooms were sold out because of the advance notice of the storm. Maybe they couldn’t get a place that would house all the players and staff that live in OP?

I’m just spitballing, hoping the answer from McD isn’t “We never thought of that”. 🤣

I'm assuming hundreds of rooms became available when everyone canceled thursday after the announcement the game would be moved.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would their Plan A be "ask your neighbors and others to dig you out after the full amount of snow had fallen".

...It's an obvious question.

Obvious question for someone who knows nothing about the actual logistics or how the plan came together.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.