Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

66 inches of snow at the stadium and where most of the players and staff live. 

Yeah...but that's like less than 6 feet of snow.

On a serious note though, don't the players and staff still have to get to the airport somehow from all the different areas in which they live? I still feel like they potentially could have played this game in Buffalo without a crowd. If they could somehow clear the field. 

I've seen the argument that they don't want to use the resources to clear the path to the stadium, but the stadium is pretty much in a residential area anyway so there would be a public safety benefit to clearing the roads around the stadium.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Now that the storm is practically over and it wasn’t as bad as forecasted. Is there a possibility of moving the game back to Buffalo?

I live seven miles from the stadium.  I can't see my pool fence and it's five feet high.

• Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I live seven miles from the stadium.  I can't see my pool fence and it's five feet high.

I heard earlier that they had in excess of 50" of new snowfall in Orchard Park as of like 4pm Friday.

Not sure where people are coming up with "not as bad as expected."

The blizzard of '77 was nothing like that; we already had lots of snow on the ground and the blizzard blew it around.  Fresh snowfall was minimal in comparison! 

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I heard earlier that they had in excess of 50" of new snowfall in Orchard Park as of like 4pm Friday.

Not sure where people are coming up with "not as bad as expected."

The blizzard of '77 was nothing like that; we already had lots of snow on the ground and the blizzard blew it around.  Fresh snowfall was minimal in comparison! 

Yeah.  Nothing will hopefully ever happen like that again with the wind and the lake freezing early.  This is just a dusting compared to that.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

But you can still get to the stadium right?  Can you get there now and call the Bills and tell them we can move the game back to B-lo?  Let us know…..

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

But you can still get to the stadium right?  Can you get there now and call the Bills and tell them we can move the game back to B-lo?  Let us know…..

lol.  Lets see players live in Orchard Park close to the stadium.  But because there is 6" of snow, lets make them drive to airport in dangerous conditions, and go to airport, which is buried in snow, and then fly halfway across the country.  That doesn't make sense to me

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

lol.  Lets see players live in Orchard Park close to the stadium.  But because there is 6" of snow, lets make them drive to airport in dangerous conditions, and go to airport, which is buried in snow, and then fly halfway across the country.  That doesn't make sense to me

Well... they are most likely clearing the airport for them.

55 minutes ago, Pete said:

Did the United States shrink overnight?  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.