Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

18 minutes ago, Lost said:

How is twitter worse?   It's always been a cesspool of elitism and garbage takes.   Seems the same now as 2 months or 2 years ago.  

depends on how you look at it. not everyone's eyes see the same thing. some really dig the cesspool, while others find it to be mostly garbage. I find the bills/nfl related material to be okay and all I will ever look at, primarily here on this site.

as I had mentioned, to each their own. takes all kinds to make the world go 'round...

How Musk’s takeover might change Twitter: what researchers think

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

from a friend in Orchard Park #Czech54

The equipment trucks all travel by road. Hopefully they left already.

Players might not be able to get to airport tho. I'm less than 2 miles from the stadium. I can't even drive on a road, even in an emergency, currently.

There is one path cut through the street, but it would be impossible to get out of the driveway, as the snowbank caused by the plow going down the street is chest high.

hmm. well snowmobiles may be in play here? The stadium vicinity is being hammered as we speak.

They need to move game back to 4pm at least. If not make it a 8pm game. Who knows when on Sat Bills will fly out. At least gives them time for Sunday morning walk through or late Sat night walk through. Not to mention time for the equipment crew to get things settled. 

Edited by ngbills

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well unlike '77 when I lived in wny I could not say now being 1200 miles away. but it has all the ingredients to be near as bad?

time will tell hermano. It reads to me that there is wide disparity between one part of town to another as far as current snowfall. Blizzard of 77 was massive in its amount of snow over a wide geographical area.

This is the beginning and more storm is coming into Sunday we shall see.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well unlike '77 when I lived in wny I could not say now being 1200 miles away. but it has all the ingredients to be near as bad?

Naw, the Blizzard of 77' wasn't a Lake Effect event. The lake froze over early that year and there was a steady accumulation of snow until 75mph winds from the north blew two months of snow off of Lake Ontario onto WNY and across 7 counties. 

There were 30 feet drifts in some places, with near Hurricane force winds. 

Screen_Shot_2021-01-16_at_7.38.27_PM.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

time will tell hermano. It reads to me that there is wide disparity between one part of town to another as far as current snowfall. Blizzard of 77 was massive in its amount of snow over a wide geographical area.

This is the beginning and more storm is coming into Sunday we shall see.

Yeah, sounds more like a storm I remember in 84-85, right around New Year's.  The city just kept getting hammered by lake effect for days.  Nothing was moving.  I was a couple hours east at the time and we had little or no snow.  However, friends tried to go in and "rescue" another friend who was trying to get out.  They got almost to East Aurora and ran into snow drifts bigger than their car...turned around and gave up.  The friend, trapped in downtown Buffalo, would call with updates.  About day 3 he called to say a plow had finally come down his street....and got stuck.  Nothing much got into or out of the city for about a week. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Does it count if I have some posters I’d like to volunteer? 

My dad was constantly "volunteering" me to do the driveway.

The funny thing was, I joined the Air Force right after the Blizzard of '77 and he immediately went and bought a snowblower.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

My dad was constantly "volunteering" me to do the driveway.

The funny thing was, I joined the Air Force right after the Blizzard of '77 and he immediately went and bought a snowblower.

I made some good money as (I was 16 in '77) a kid shoveling snow. that was driveways and sidewalks, no way would I shovel that snow out of that stadium. even as a kid.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'm loving all the fake tough guys on Twitter saying the NFL are pansies for moving the game and how they would gladly play in it and played in far worse in high school.

Beane needs to contact some of these men and get them in for a tryout

Twitter is 99.9% trolls

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.