Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

30 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am curious on percentage of gate proceeds which Detroit Lions.

Don’t they give the tickets away for free?  That’s what happened last time 

7 hours ago, Process said:

Two straight games in a dome vs garbage defenses. After that the last 6 games our in cold/bad weather. 

Good opportunity for Allen to keep his slim mvp hopes alive. But he needs to get 7 passing TDs and 0 picks. He can do it. 

As I was agreeing with a bunch of people on reddit that Allen wasn’t playing great I ended up convincing myself he still has a good chance at mvp somehow haha

IF he cuts down on the turnovers he’s still in good shape (could be a big if I know). He’s leading all qbs in total yards right now when you factor in rushing yds and he’s a couple tds behind mahomes in total tds.

there’s a pretty good chance he keeps it at 15 ints or less and racks up a ton of tds/total yards but will it be enough to catch mahomes is the question 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

Was flying into BUF w family for the game. Just changed airline tix to DTW.   I’m not that familiar w Detroit.  Anyone have a recommendation for a good area / hotel to stay?  And good restaurant for Saturday night?

Have only had “Detroit pizza” a couple times and it wasn’t authentic (though it wasn’t the Pizza Hut version at least), and I’d look around if I were going (but I’m pizza-obsessed).  Think it could be similar char cup pepperoni like Buffalo. 

This is wiki- 

Detroit-style pizza is a rectangular pizza with a thick crust that is crispy and chewy. It is traditionally topped with Wisconsin brick cheese that goes all the way to the edges and caramelizes against the high-sided heavyweight rectangular pan. 

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Interesting:

"The team is planning to use the visitors side of everything in Ford Field so that it is the same when they return for the game four days later."

Spying???

I wonder if they'll use the home or away locker room? Before SB XVI, Darryl Talley was not happy, since the Bill were designated as the home team in Minneapolis, but got assigned the visitors' locker room. He said the home team locker rooms were usually plusher.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Moulds 808080 said:

Funny how Dolphins games don't get moved due to heat though lol..

I am just looking forward to playing those cheaters four weeks from now. That is when we re-take first in the division, just like we did at New England last year.

13 minutes ago, chongli said:

I wonder if they'll use the home or away locker room? Before SB XVI, Darryl Talley was not happy, since the Bill were designated as the home team in Minneapolis, but got assigned the visitors' locker room. He said the home team locker rooms were usually plusher.

I read somewhere they are going to use the visiting locker rooms.

• Like (+1) 1

More ignorance:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/17/nfl-ticket-details-for-browns-bills-in-detroit-are-being-finalized/#comment-8177155

MortimerInMiami says:

November 17, 2022 at 9:49 pm

First the Bills couldn’t handle the heat now the cold..lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/17/nfl-ticket-details-for-browns-bills-in-detroit-are-being-finalized/#comment-8177155

touchback6 says:

November 17, 2022 at 8:26 pm

What a soft, pathetic franchise.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/17/nfl-ticket-details-for-browns-bills-in-detroit-are-being-finalized/#comment-8177158

yeahbut says:

November 17, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Bills players have a convenient excuse to lay down. Wouldn’t be surprised if they took it.

But this fan has it right:

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, chongli said:

More ignorance:

MortimerInMiami says:

November 17, 2022 at 9:49 pm

First the Bills couldn’t handle the heat now the cold..lol

touchback6 says:

November 17, 2022 at 8:26 pm

What a soft, pathetic franchise.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/17/nfl-ticket-details-for-browns-bills-in-detroit-are-being-finalized/#comment-8177158

yeahbut says:

November 17, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Bills players have a convenient excuse to lay down. Wouldn’t be surprised if they took it.

But this fan has it right:

Ignorant people are going to be ignorant....    

I personally do not care what some randoms think about why the game is being moved.   As I mentioned previously, the NFL moves games for hurricanes.  I thought Floridians didn't care about a little bit of rain.  That is the comparison to chirpy Dolphins fans.

It's a safety issue. Not a gameday, playing surface issue. 

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There wasn't an ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer on the back of every phone book and on every billboard back then.  The liability of inviting 70K people to your venue during a blizzard would be an invitation to get sued into oblivion when things inevitably go sideways for some of those people.

I thought the forecast is for no snow on Sunday.... none

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

Looked at flights from the DC area, pricey. Wonder if any bad snow would be on my route if i drive?

If you drive stay off of I-90, take the route that goes through Akron and Mansfield and Findlay to stay away from lake effect as much as possible.  It's a bit longer but nothing is worse than Lake Erie snow squalls.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.