Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is the UB game still on for Saturday??

Good question. Considering they may only get a dozen fans to the game, they could play in their covered, heated field house. Assuming Akron can get here. I recall Kent State failing to get to UB for a game once and the MAC called it a no-contest. Cost UB bowl eligibility.

2 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

I understand the need to move the game, but it sucks that the Bills will now have two fewer true home games than true road games. Seems like the football gods looked at the Bills being Super Bowl favorites at the beginning of the year and said "not so fast."

Yeah, but being in a dome is a HUGE advantage for our offense. We need a win.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 1

• Simon changed the title to Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit
9 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

I understand the need to move the game, but it sucks that the Bills will now have two fewer true home games than true road games. Seems like the football gods looked at the Bills being Super Bowl favorites at the beginning of the year and said "not so fast."

Actually this is the football gods throwing them a bone 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah, but being in a dome is a HUGE advantage for our offense. We need a win.

If you polled the Bills’ players, I’d bet a lot of money almost every one would prefer to play in the neutral Detroit dome than in the snow in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

the irony of it all...

So this link may be more proper in some other forum, but with all the banter about winter driving in this thread, I just had to post here.  More chance that at least a few of you, and your families, will benefit.

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/cars-trucks/awd-doesnt-matter-winter-tires-do/

“WINTER TIRES” not “Snow Tires”

happy to discuss further, PM me .  I’’ve been running them for years now, and swear by them.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

If you polled the Bills’ players, I’d bet a lot of money almost every one would prefer to play in the neutral Detroit dome than in the snow in Buffalo.

Chubb was saying he never played in a snow game in his life, but he was excited for it. I guess they haven’t had a real snow game in Cleveland yet since he’s been there.  But it’s not so much the snow as the cold and wind.  No one wants to be outside for 3-4 hours in that playing football.  72 degrees in a dome feels better on the bones.

2 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

So this link may be more proper in some other forum, but with all the banter about winter driving in this thread, I just had to post here.  More chance that at least a few of you, and your families, will benefit.

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/cars-trucks/awd-doesnt-matter-winter-tires-do/

“WINTER TIRES” not “Snow Tires”

happy to discuss further, PM me .  I’’ve been running them for years now, and swear by them.

Nokian. The Finns know winter. Awesome all season tires that handle whatever the Rockies bring.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Nokian. The Finns know winter. Awesome all season tires that handle whatever the Rockies bring.

Which Winter Tires Are Right for You?

The short answer: Any of them. “Even an average winter tire is going to be better on snow and ice than the best all-season tire can ever hope to be,” says Rogers. Literally any studless winter tire will improve your ability to drive in the winter. ”

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Which Winter Tires Are Right for You?

The short answer: Any of them. “Even an average winter tire is going to be better on snow and ice than the best all-season tire can ever hope to be,” says Rogers. Literally any studless winter tire will improve your ability to drive in the winter. ”

Oh, I agree with that. When I lived in the mountains I ran true winter tires. But most people will avoid the hassle/storage of switching out, so my point is that not all "All Season" tires are created equal. So ... Nokian is my go-to now. Wear a little faster running on hot summer roads, but a good compromise since they're still excellent in the snow and ice.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.