Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

44 minutes ago, Simon said:

As long as you don't have rear wheel drive, you'll be fine.

Take your time and pack extra beer and sammies.

Did you see what two inches of snow did to Atlanta 8 years ago?  It took me 4 hours to get home and I lived 15 minutes away.  

My friend is a cop and told me there was something like 2,000 cars in accidents.  I witness 8 on my walk home.  I pulled over into a grocery store and walked the rest of the 3 miles home.  

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Again, the stadium could be domed now and they still likely move it.  There will be an emergency travel ban.  They just don't want 68,000 drunk lunatics driving around and having to take police, Sheriff, first responders, etc.. away from actual emergencies.

So really, the stadium should have been in Downtown, maybe not in the target zone of most Lake effect.   

I wonder how much snow a dome stadium could structurally hold.  I don't know what 6 feet of snow equates to in pounds per square foot but at some point it would have to become a massive safety hazard. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Why?  B/c fans wouldn't be able to travel to the game?

Cleveland might alter when they arrive to make they get in, but the game would not be moved.

It be played in front of a near empty crowd, but why move it?

And it's NOT a dumb take; anything other than a dome DOWNTOWN is dumb.

Of course, that's what we get.  Buffalo! 

There is no snow forecasted for Sunday at game time. None. The league knows this. Yet the game is moving. I'll let you put this information together with my post you quoted 

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

It's a fact. The game has not been moved due to playing conditions. It has been moved due to travel restrictions and resource allocation. 

Everyone out here trying to shoehorn in their favorite dome crusades. Completely unrelated.

Only partly true; the stadium is also likely to be rendered unplayable if the forecast is correct, even if no snow is falling at gametime. 

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you see what two inches of snow did to Atlanta 8 years ago?  It took me 4 hours to get home and I lived 15 minutes away.  

My friend is a cop and told me there was something like 2,000 cars in accidents.  I witness 8 on my walk home.  I pulled over into a grocery store and walked the rest of the 3 miles home.  

are you a wny native? if so, 2" to you should be nothing to worry about. I do know what you're saying about the southerners though, they can't drive on a dry road let alone 2" of snow.

you'll be aight

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Did the Bills move/cancel games for snow in the 1960s 70s 80s 90s? Seems weird.

There wasn't an ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer on the back of every phone book and on every billboard back then.  The liability of inviting 70K people to your venue during a blizzard would be an invitation to get sued into oblivion when things inevitably go sideways for some of those people.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And YOU were one of the lucky ones! I know people who took a couple DAYS to get home! People who slept in hotel lobbies because they were out of rooms and nowhere to go! 

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

are you a wny native/ if so, 2" to you should be nothing to worry about. I do know what you're saying about the southerners though, they can't drive on a dry road let alone 2" of snow.

you'll be aight

I used to laugh about this, but they don’t have the equipment to clear the roads so 3” here is more dangerous than 8” in WNY.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Yep, your seller will get the credit.

haha, what?  Or was this sarcasm?

Common sense would be they get a credit directly from the Bills, and at the most a credit from Seatgeek in the amount of fees they took out when they made the sale.

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

You love the bills against one of the most prolific running backs on earth? 

Chubb will get his, but you think this guy is single-handedly going to beat the Bills? Yes, we lost to the 8-1 Vikings. Yes, it sucks. No, we are not losing to the 3-6 Browns and freakin Jacoby Brissett. Stop being a drama queen. It’s one thing if this game was being played in a blizzard, but it’s not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.