Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

10 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

7 Home games, "9 away" (& 1 neutral) is better than playing a run-first team in inclement weather....

Will take a neutral domed game as a far trade off.

Exactly. This is definitely to the Bills advantage. Perfect throwing weather indoors.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Honestly, this gives the team a better overall chance to win this game outright.  

And.... 

hopefully get Tre White on the field since it is not in bad conditions but more optimal.

Just carefully nudge him off that pile of Benjamins.  $100 bills, not Kelvin.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

7 Home games, "9 away" (& 1 neutral) is better than playing a run-first team in inclement weather....

Will take a neutral domed game as a far trade off.

If the game isn't in Buffalo it's an away game. I get the neutral field thing, but it's an away game.

Going on the road changes your routines, Cleveland was going on the road anyways, Buffalo, Detroit, it doesn't matter to them. The Bills on the other hand have to pack up everything ASAP and GTFO of Buffalo before they can't. That's added stress for everyone from the players and coaches,(game plans,practice etc) equipment guys... Advantage Cleveland.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

If the game isn't in Buffalo it's an away game. I get the neutral field thing, but it's an away game.

Going on the road changes your routines, Cleveland was going on the road anyways, Buffalo, Detroit, it doesn't matter to them. The Bills on the other hand have to pack up everything ASAP and GTFO of Buffalo before they can't. That's added stress for everyone from the players and coaches,(game plans,practice etc) equipment guys... Advantage Cleveland.

Not a chance that whatever change in routine the Bills have to deal with here is more detrimental than playing in horrific conditions

This is a perfect opportunity for Allen to have a huge game and for the Bills to right the ship. I'm more confident about the game now that it's going to be played in a dome.

Some folks on here just don't get it. I understand a lot of you are football purists, but there's really no arguing this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Bummed we won’t have a home game Sunday.  Right thing to do for sure.  Best for the community to make sure first responders are where they are needed.

As a season ticket holder, I wish they didn’t backload our home games in the November/December months.  6 of our home games are from October 30th to season end.  5 from November 13th.  I get snow games make good TV, but maybe they balance the schedule next season.  I have no issue with the new stadium being domeless, a dome doesn’t keep the game in Buffalo.

Edited by davefan66
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

You don't think that same stress on players/personell/staff exists if the game was at home in a major snowstorm?  Ie: getting to stadium for practice, etc.

To me, either way the schedule is being disrupted for players.  Advantage us for having the game in a setting that benefits our style, vs theirs.

• Like (+1) 1

Reactions from a Browns board (I don't think they're happy...):

What a bunch of ******** *****. ***** you NFL you giant bag o’ limp *****.

Lame

Boo

F Goodell this is football should be played in all conditions. Love the snow games.

On the plus side Stefanski will probably change his strategy of outsmarting the Bills by throwing the ball in the blizzard to running the football indoors. 

Due to Public Safety nobody should watch Browns games period.

How shocking that they found a new, fascinating way to screw the Browns.

Now a snowstorm can't prevent Buffalo from scoring 45. Will be ugly.

• Haha (+1) 6

• Simon changed the title to Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit
  • BuffaloBill unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.