Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

2 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

When are we expected to find out about the ticket situation?  Hearing last time tickets were free - was there some kind of online system to 'claim' them?  Would love free tickets but happily pay a bit to have 'good' seats.'

I thin they said there would be an announcement "soon". Maybe later today/tonight?

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I believe last time for the jets game there was a system to claim them but it was first come first serve even if you didn't claim any 

I would assume STH for Bills will have some kind of first refusal..claim by 6PM Friday or some such thing. Should know more tonight

• Like (+1) 1

For those driving to Detroit: 

1) Don’t be the ####### that rides someone’s ass if they’re going slowly due to severe weather. 

2) Don’t be the ####### that drives 15MPH on the freeway with your flashers on in the left lane due to a flurry. 

If your F250 needs to go 75MPH before you ultimately spin out thanks to black ice karma, stop it. 

If the thought of a snowflake hitting your Prius terrifies you into a panic, stop it. 

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

From when this happened in 2014:

Tickets to the game were given out for free, and although Ford Field wasn't quite full, the crowd of 56,044 created a decent atmosphere in prime time.

"Our fans are phenomenal," Buffalo coach Doug Marrone said. "When I first came out there, you don't know what to expect. ... Obviously, you get concerned whether is it going to be a home field or things like that, or be ready for a silent count. Then all of a sudden when I came out and looked to the right and I saw all of those blue jerseys, I was like, 'Holy cow, baby. Here we go. We've got the crowd.'"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/400607990

56,000 fans to see two horrible teams?

Should be a packed house this Sunday!

3 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The new stadium absolutely needs to be a dome or retractable. It just has to.

This sort of weather is only going to become more common, year after year. Imagine this happening more than once a season. Guess what, it will. Guess what, you're losing millions every time it happens.

Garbage weather is not a great equalizer. It's a nightmare. Give me Allen and everyone else in a controlled environment so they can play at the highest level possible. I can't ***** believe this is even a debate still. Stuff like this has a massive economic impact and Buffalo cannot afford to take that risk. It will eventually jeopardize the stability of the team staying in Buffalo and it will be a pain in the ass for the city overall.

Dick there is a greater chance that Saddam had WMD than the Bills building a domed stadium. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The new stadium absolutely needs to be a dome or retractable. It just has to.

This sort of weather is only going to become more common, year after year. Imagine this happening more than once a season. Guess what, it will. Guess what, you're losing millions every time it happens.

Garbage weather is not a great equalizer. It's a nightmare. Give me Allen and everyone else in a controlled environment so they can play at the highest level possible. I can't ***** believe this is even a debate still. Stuff like this has a massive economic impact and Buffalo cannot afford to take that risk. It will eventually jeopardize the stability of the team staying in Buffalo and it will be a pain in the ass for the city overall.

Again, the stadium could be domed now and they still likely move it.  There will be an emergency travel ban.  They just don't want 68,000 drunk lunatics driving around and having to take police, Sheriff, first responders, etc.. away from actual emergencies.

So really, the stadium should have been in Downtown, maybe not in the target zone of most Lake effect.   

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

Detroit being only 2.5 hrs from Cleveland and the fact that nobody will be able to get out of Buffalo on Saturday may make this a defacto home game for the Browns. 

You are forgetting about the Detroit Bills Backers club, they'll pack the place.

In all seriousness I've gotten texts from 2 friends in WNY and they are heading their groups to Detroit via the interstate before the ***** hits the fan. Must be nice to just jump on to a road trip.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Again, the stadium could be domed now and they still likely move it.  There will be an emergency travel ban.  They just don't want 68,000 drunk lunatics driving around and having to take police, Sheriff, first responders, etc.. away from actual emergencies.

So really, the stadium should have been in Downtown, maybe not in the target zone of most Lake effect.   

This is a fair perspective and I agree with it.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit
  • BuffaloBill unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.