Vikings DB talks about the film study he did on the Bills

Einstein

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Yeah that Gabe Davis catch was a gift.

Just found the Knox play and posted it. I didn’t realize how catchable the ball was. Knox should have ended the game right here. Bummer.

As I said in another thread earlier this week, for all Josh's mistakes the past few weeks, he put this one on the money and his insane 70 yard pass against the Jets was right on the money and catchable as well. If both those receivers make those catches we likely win both games and Josh is being hailed as Mr Clutch

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

We have had our differences, but this is an awesome post. Completely agree and couldn’t have said it better myself. 

Digg is elite. End of story. 

David is a JAG. His route tree looks like a totem pole.  I say let him play out his rookie deal and draft a high WR this year to replace him in a couple years. 

Mckenzie sucks. Period. 

Knox is an anomaly. On one hand, he has elite traits, but the other he just can’t put it all together. Hoping he finds the mojo he had last year. 

Shakir can be something I think. He can make tough catches and seems to have a good route tree, compared to Davis. He is good at YAC too. 

Davis is not a jag.  That’s an exaggeration.  If he were, we could put anyone out there to do what he does.  We can’t.  He’s one of the better deep ball WRs in the league.  He’s not elite…..but he’s not “just another guy”.  There’s no way you truly believe that.

agreed about the rest. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Davis is not a jag.  That’s an exaggeration.  If he were, we could put anyone out there to do what he does.  We can’t.  He’s one of the better deep ball WRs in the league.  He’s not elite…..but he’s not “just another guy”.  There’s no way you truly believe that.

agreed about the rest. 

Maybe a bit harsh, but I also think he’s not as good as we all hoped he was. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

With all that being said, it was a bad throw and late throw by Josh. Of the throw is on, and the timing is on, it’s a TD every single time assuming Gabe catches it. 

Since I'm obsessed with the weather news, $10 says Josh has a great game now that it's been moved to a dome & will make those passes with ease this week 😉

Just found the Knox play and posted it. I didn’t realize how catchable the ball was. Knox should have ended the game right here. Bummer.

That wasn't really catchable -- the DB hit the ball before it even hit Knox's hands. Whoever wrote that doesn't really know what they're talking about. It was also damn good coverage. They let players play in crunch time unless it's blatant, and that wasn't blatant -- just two guys fighting for position. 

100% agreed. And Davis has had several drops this year. 

Here is a photo of the Knox drop. I can’t believe I didn’t notice this during the game. My adrenaline was pumping.

5-D1487-AC-4-D1-A-4027-AFEF-4-E8-EAB6562

The DB had already batted it away. It wasn't a drop.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

With all that being said, it was a bad throw and late throw by Josh. Of the throw is on, and the timing is on, it’s a TD every single time assuming Gabe catches it. 

Too bad he didn't at least peek at Morris. That would've been a 1st down inside the 5.  Josh has got to spread it around more. Stop focusing on Diggs/ Davis only.

• Like (+1) 1

This is two games in a row Davis then Knox were interfered with on on key plays at the end of the game where they both could have, and should have forced the refs to throw the flag by fighting harder through the defender. Plant that back foot and launch back towards the ball when you're being draped like that.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

That wasn't really catchable -- the DB hit the ball before it even hit Knox's hands. Whoever wrote that doesn't really know what they're talking about.

I think maybe they're suggesting Knox should have had his hands extended instead of trying to catch it with his body.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I just watched it in slow mo. The DB never batted it. It did inadvertently graze his arm though. Still fell right into Knox’s lap though.

Tough catch, i’ll give you that. 

39 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Since I'm obsessed with the weather news, $10 says Josh has a great game now that it's been moved to a dome & will make those passes with ease this week 😉

Here here!

I can get behind that!

Speak it into existence. Josh is going to have an amazing game!

Go Bills!

Edited by Einstein

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

That wasn't really catchable -- the DB hit the ball before it even hit Knox's hands. Whoever wrote that doesn't really know what they're talking about. It was also damn good coverage. They let players play in crunch time unless it's blatant, and that wasn't blatant -- just two guys fighting for position. 

Tough catch, sure, but makeable. Something our passing offense has been lacking is those difficult clutch plays made by our pass catchers in crunch time. Diggs is the only one that's made those plays at all. Davis against the Jets and Knox against the Vikings had opportunities to make big game-changing catches at the end and couldn't do it. Even Diggs despite making one incredible catch on 3rd and long failed to make a difficult catch on another 3rd and long later in the game. The Vikings won because their guy made catches like that multiple times, come to think of it I don't think a single pass that ended up anywhere in Jefferson's vicinity hit the ground.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Davis runs the routes that are designed/called. If we are calling plays that are so preditable then the blame goes to the OC, and explains why we are struggling as much as we are

If its this easy then I've got to ask .... WTF Dorsey?

I understand what you're saying. But Davis just isn't a good route runner. He was limited in college as well. It's just who he is. I really like Davis... as a number 3. I didn't understand the belief that he was ready to be our number 2. His route tree is limited. I think Dorsey is asking him to do what he does well. Just my opinion.

Just pulled up the most recent route charts for Gabe Davis (they don’t update his every week so this is a few weeks old).

The DB for the Vikings has a point. Very little variation m in Davis routes.

route-chart_DAV329675_2022-REG-5_1665346

route-chart_DAV329675_2022-REG-1_1662694

And below is Diggs for comparison. 

Quite the difference.

route-chart_DIG218895_2022-REG-5_1665346

route-chart_DIG218895_2022-REG-9_1667768

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Davis runs the routes that are designed/called. If we are calling plays that are so preditable then the blame goes to the OC, and explains why we are struggling as much as we are

If its this easy then I've got to ask .... WTF Dorsey?

Exactly, he’s predictable in his calls, tape don’t lie. 

lol, tape, how old do I feel right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.