Vikings DB talks about the film study he did on the Bills

Einstein

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I feel bad for josh man…he carries the team 9 times out of 10 and nobody seems to be able to step up and bail him out when he needs it.

he hit Davis right between the numbers on that 70 yard bomb the week before too that could’ve been the game winner and would’ve at worst tied it.  

he got robbed of an epic 4th quarter comeback against kc in the playoffs, got robbed of the same against Arizona a couple years back due to the defense givin up the hail Murray.  We’re just straight up cursed 

100% agreed. And Davis has had several drops this year. 

Here is a photo of the Knox drop. I can’t believe I didn’t notice this during the game. My adrenaline was pumping.

5-D1487-AC-4-D1-A-4027-AFEF-4-E8-EAB6562

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

100% agreed. And Davis has had several drops this year. 

Here is a photo of the Knox drop. I can’t believe I didn’t notice this during the game. My adrenaline was pumping.

5-D1487-AC-4-D1-A-4027-AFEF-4-E8-EAB6562

The DB got his arm in there to break it up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The DB's hand was there to break it up.

The DB got his arm in there to break it up.

Oh yea it’s pretty semantic whether you want to label it a drop or a great defensive play but either way that’s a catch Knox certainly can make.  This is just a screenshot obviously but it looked like it was in Knox’s hands before getting knocked out 

• Like (+1) 1

Sadly, Bills completely over-estimated both Davis and McKenzie.  This offense is built completely around the passing game and Davis is - at best - a marginal starting WR and McKenzie is a disaster as a replacement for Beasley.  I don't know what to make of Knox - is he hurt or is he just not good?

Allen isn't enough to carry this team.  Sadly, a ton of competing priorities in the offseason for improvement.  They NEED better receivers beyond Diggs, they NEED a TE that can contribute, it would make sense to develop a run game, they need to get 2 starting safeties on D if Poyer and Hyde leave.....

• Vomit 1

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah that Gabe Davis catch was a gift.

Just found the Knox play and posted it. I didn’t realize how catchable the ball was. Knox should have ended the game right here. Bummer.

Love Knox the person, but that was a bad contract extension.

• Agree 3

I'd take this with a grain of salt, im sure alot of it is true but its pretty easy to say how well you know an offense AFTER you play them, and say "ya I saw that route a mile away, and knew exactly what to do" when at the end of the day it was simply a terrible throw, not a great play on the ball. Not to mention Gabe still had a solid game with a TD for a wr2 that was "figured out"

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I also remember thinking that Knox was interfered with in the endzone on the back shoulder throw. Can’t remember if it was in OT or near the end of the game.

It was the play prior to the pick iirc

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Love Knox the person, but that was a bad contract extension.

Agreed. 14M should’ve been spent elsewhere.  He’s a little better than a average 

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Jefferson made a catch while our DB had two full hands around the ball!

seriously, insane. That said, I would argue that his one catch at the goal line was also spectacular. The ball was deflected mid air, Benford then got his hand in to deflect it again at the Point of contact, and jefferson dove down and still caught it.  This was right before their failed QB sneak. 

45 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Sadly, Bills completely over-estimated both Davis and McKenzie.  This offense is built completely around the passing game and Davis is - at best - a marginal starting WR and McKenzie is a disaster as a replacement for Beasley.  I don't know what to make of Knox - is he hurt or is he just not good?

Allen isn't enough to carry this team.  Sadly, a ton of competing priorities in the offseason for improvement.  They NEED better receivers beyond Diggs, they NEED a TE that can contribute, it would make sense to develop a run game, they need to get 2 starting safeties on D if Poyer and Hyde leave.....

We have had our differences, but this is an awesome post. Completely agree and couldn’t have said it better myself. 

Digg is elite. End of story. 

David is a JAG. His route tree looks like a totem pole.  I say let him play out his rookie deal and draft a high WR this year to replace him in a couple years. 

Mckenzie sucks. Period. 

Knox is an anomaly. On one hand, he has elite traits, but the other he just can’t put it all together. Hoping he finds the mojo he had last year. 

Shakir can be something I think. He can make tough catches and seems to have a good route tree, compared to Davis. He is good at YAC too. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.