Eagles attempt to fix run D by signing DTs Linval Joseph and NDamukong Suh on back to back days

Big Turk

• Big Turk changed the title to Eagles attempt to fix run D by signing DTs Linval Joseph and NDamukong Suh on back to back days

Well if they are half the player they were at their peak they are better than a lot of players on the filed today so i'd say if they have the money & can make a spot for them it's not a bad move & they are doing everything they can to win it all now and fix a weakness that they noticed which is why i was all about bringing in MCM .

He was a instantaneous upgrade & changed the dynamic of the offense in SF can you imagine him in the Bills offense OMG even with what a lot of people here say about the Bills O line being bad that caliber of player will change a lot with his presence he makes others play harder just by being there !

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

I appreciate the effort. Wish the Bills would at least give things like this a shot. Its like the offseason is the only time they think the roster can be adjusted. Heck, maybe its because Beane knows McD wont use them anyway. 

We have good DTs, we just put a 190 pound NB on the field to defend heavy run formations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, T master said:

Well if they are half the player they were at their peak they are better than a lot of players on the filed today so i'd say if they have the money & can make a spot for them it's not a bad move & they are doing everything they can to win it all now and fix a weakness that they noticed which is why i was all about bringing in MCM .

He was a instantaneous upgrade & changed the dynamic of the offense in SF can you imagine him in the Bills offense OMG even with what a lot of people here say about the Bills O line being bad that caliber of player will change a lot with his presence he makes others play harder just by being there !

If this was the case both of them would've been signed well before now.  Great signing years ago, whole lotta nothing now

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I appreciate the effort. Wish the Bills would at least give things like this a shot. Its like the offseason is the only time they think the roster can be adjusted. Heck, maybe its because Beane knows McD wont use them anyway. 

Rarely does midseason dumpster diving do much for a team but I agree it would at least show something if the Bills did something similar instead of just resting on their laurels and holding on to some sort of steadfast belief that either they don't want to disrupt the lockerroom or their guys on the roster are better.

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I mean they have Cox and Hargrave at DT.  They also drafted Jordan Davis who is on IR.  Milton Williams is built a bit more slight as a pass rush type, so he's not really going to help them there.  

Josephs a big boy and a nose, but he was not very good with the Chargers the last couple of years so I'm not sure this fixes their ails - but hes a name.  

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

We have good DTs, we just put a 190 pound NB on the field to defend heavy run formations. 

Better him than a 220 pound LB who doesn't have instincts or misses his fit's entirely.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.