Radio Station for Bills?

co_springs_billsfan

We're gonna be driving from Colorado to West Virginia this weekend for Thanksgiving so I won't be able to watch the Bills this Sunday (or my college team on Saturday), and due to cell phone data limits streaming is off the table.  Anyone know of a website or app that can tell you what AM or FM station is carrying what games depending on your location?  Something like the TV maps that come out, but for radio. 

Manually searching through the stations is a miserable experience, especially with frequent commercials.  For example: You spend 7 minutes listening to commercials only to find that that station only plays Polka music.  So instead you skip the commercials unknowingly skipping the game you were searching for.

6 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

We're gonna be driving from Colorado to West Virginia this weekend for Thanksgiving so I won't be able to watch the Bills this Sunday (or my college team on Saturday), and due to cell phone data limits streaming is off the table.  Anyone know of a website or app that can tell you what AM or FM station is carrying what games depending on your location?  Something like the TV maps that come out, but for radio. 

Manually searching through the stations is a miserable experience, especially with frequent commercials.  For example: You spend 7 minutes listening to commercials only to find that that station only plays Polka music.  So instead you skip the commercials unknowingly skipping the game you were searching for.

Not too many stations carry Bills games ... 

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/radio-network#:~:text=As the radio home of,throughout the week as well.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/10/2/23382115/buffalo-bills-radio-network-affiliate-stations-2022-how-to-listen-to-the-buffalo-bills-wyoming

Edited by Gugny
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Enjoy your trip.  I'll hold down the fort!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

You can use the NFL app and get NFL + i think there is a week free when you sign up and only like $5.00/Month. You can listen to all games live

I believe the NFL blocks all legal audio sites from televising games. 

This is your best option, unless you have Sirius and can upgrade to the premium plan with NFL games. Radio is not really an option outside NYS

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I listen to WGR on the Audacy app - it's definitely not the best since the update but might be an option.i often will sync app with TV if announcers are bad- in the past it didn't work because of  broadcast restrictions but this year as of last week it worked

Edited by BlazinBill
Updated incomplete sentence
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I listen to WGR on the Audacy app - it's definitely not the best since the update but might be an option.i often will sync app with TV if announcers are bad- in the past it didn't work because of  broadcast restrictions but this year as of last week it worked

Are you in the Buffalo area?

13 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I don't believe they are allowed to carry the game on the app...could be wrong tho.

Regarding your college team on Saturday: go online and find all the radio stations that are part of that school's radio network.  There are probably a bunch of them, but it is probably somewhat geographically limited.  And then compare those stations with your driving route and see if there is any overlap.

You need satellite radio and some sort of subscription to your college and the Bills' games!

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't believe they are allowed to carry the game on the app...could be wrong tho.

They don't, it goes into a canned loop once the pregame talk ends. But, you can listen to Sabres games on it, they must have a different deal than the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, T&C said:

They don't, it goes into a canned loop once the pregame talk ends. But, you can listen to Sabres games on it, they must have a different deal than the NFL.

^this.  My tech-savvy 19 year-old daughter and I tried streaming the Bills/Ravens game via the WGR app while driving home from Syracuse and got the program with updates on all the games once we left the WGR listening area.  It completely freaked her out she couldn't figure out how to get the game.

I do in fact live in the Buffalo-ish area- Rochester. I did listen to the game this past week- in the past when I have attempted to do so, as another poster responding it would go from the pregame coverage to a talk radio program come kick-off, however Sunday worked just fine all game, what tipped me off was last week(Jets) I was getting to my TV late but was listening to pregame on the app and listened to the first several minutes of the game until I got home- I also have been known to be quite lucky so perhaps it's just me

4 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

I find Audacy through the web browser works well, no app.

Admittedly: I've only tried it over a home computer, Fios connection. Might not work so well for mobile connections.

2 minutes ago, boater said:

I find Audacy through the web browser works well, no app.

Admittedly: I've only tried it over a home computer, Fios connection. Might not work so well for mobile connections.

This is my experience as well.  When I listen to it through a browser and not the app I get the game.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

You have to go to WGR550.com to listen to the stream. Website only on a computer. Phone will be blocked. Otherwise you have to pay for NFL+ or TuneIn premium to get game audio

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.