Russell Wilson so rattled in games he is apparently using audibles from Seattle at times

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is possible Russel Wilson is using audibles from Seattle because he knows how inept coaching staff is led by Nathaniel Hackett.

He should have considered this before signing the biggest NFL contract knowing it would hurt his "brand".

At 34 and just starting this contract, I dont think his brand matters much anymore. This will likely be his last contract even if he was playing well. And with $161M guaranteed, I'd play for any coach.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes. Both are absolutely horrible.

About half is a pretty good turn out. There's been a lot of debate online about what this Tweet is trying to say. I'm in the camp that thinks it shows more support for Wilson.

Getting half the company to an event would be considered successful for one of our events.

If it was a 50 person team with the CEO personally throwing a blow out event 50% would be real soft.

this isn’t a dish to pass in the break room when everyone is off 

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If it was a 50 person team with the CEO personally throwing a blow out event 50% would be real soft.

this isn’t a dish to pass in the break room when everyone is off 

Except that isnt the case here either. Russ aint no CEO. He's middle management, with little to no influence on hiring and firing, and throwing an after-work event that cuts into personal time. Half is decent.

I dont think Wilson is very loved there right now, but I'd think this is better than expected given all the recent stories.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Except that isnt the case here either. Russ aint no CEO. He's middle management, with little to no influence on hiring and firing, and throwing an after-work event that cuts into personal time. Half is decent.

I dont think Wilson is very loved there right now, but I'd think this is better than expected given all the recent stories.

i wonder if the "half of players" were the offense players and not wanting to get on his bad side hurting their performance as reported occasionally in Seattle.

• Like (+1) 1

Its just the best when others teams screw the pooch on their QB selections, that, and pay them a ton of guaranteed money, it just makes me smile,

GO BILLS!!!

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Hackett stinks but Russ is horrible.  Just look at how improved Seattle's offense is with GENO FREAKING SMITH running the show!

Hackett is horrible in any year and with any team, and Russ has been horrible in Denver.

But the idea that Russ was horrible last year and that Geno is that much better simply doesn't reflect the facts.

Wilson's passer ratings last year, game by game:

93.7 [he got hurt in this one and missed the next 3 games]

39.7 [first game back post-injury, probably rushed it]

55.3 [Rams; his only real dud, discounting the first post-injury game]

In short: he started great, he got hurt, he came back too soon, and apart from one awful start against the Rams (they had a way of doing that to opponents last year), was really good in the last 7 games. In total: 9 out of 14 starts with a QB rating of 100+. Compare Josh Allen this year: 5 out of 11. [Yes, I know QB rating is flawed, but check any other metric and you'll see something very similar]. If he wasn't "elite" last year, he was still very good, and outside of the Holy Trinity (Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen; I refuse to include Brady] you could make a case that he was right there with the rest of the next tier.

This is what's so shocking about exactly how bad he's been this year. This kind of drop-off really doesn't happen. Cam Newton and Peyton Manning are the only recent examples I can think of who've just fallen off a cliff year-to-year like Russ has this season. The Broncos were perfectly rational in trading for him based on what they saw from him last season. Watching him this year, I do think he's just done as a good NFL QB. I think he'll rebound, but never be what he was, even in the supposedly "down" year of 2021. But can he be that much worse than he was last year without some kind of significant injury explaining it? 

Answer: we won't know until Hackett is fired and an entirely new offense is put in place. 

My best guess: he won't actually be good next year, but he won't be horrible like he is this year.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Unfortunately, for Denver. coaching contracts, are guaranteed.

Yeah but they can work out a deal to pay him less than what they are owed up front versus forcing them to sit out or face offsets if another club wants to hire them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.