Russell Wilson so rattled in games he is apparently using audibles from Seattle at times

Big Turk

I mean this is just wild...dude is so rattled in games he is using audibles from Seattle and nobody on Denver knows what the hell he is calling on offense apparently at times...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/losing-mind-broken-russell-wilson-160017230.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 13

• Big Turk changed the title to Russell Wilson so rattled now in games he is apparently using audibles from Seattle at times
Just now, Bills Fan in MD said:

Denver gave up two first round picks and two second round picks for him.

And signed him to a massive contract extension...potentially the worst trade and contract in NFL history is how it is appearing now...as his replacement Geno Smith is in the top 10 for MVP odds 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Russell Wilson so rattled in games he is apparently using audibles from Seattle at times

I heard the guy makes teammates go through his agent to contact him and he asked for his own shower in the locker room. 

Then there's that catchphrase. 

He's either too interested in his own artificial celebrity or his success was created by Pete Carroll. 

Either way, Hackett + Wilson = sh&t show. 

At the 1/2-way point, you look at the AFC and this was supposed to be a slug fest with all these teams, and it still is to some degree. 

Mahomes - Is still Jordan. 

Herbert - Lost his #1 WR for 90% of the year, and that team is struggling to score more than 22 ppg. 

Burrow - Offensive Line has plagued them, but he is still capable of huge days. 

Wilson - Regressed

Lawrence - Better, but has not taken the leap. 

Jackson - Playing good, not better than ever though

Tua - Has impressed. As Nate Z said on WGR, the football doesn't look pretty, but it gets where it has to be. 

Tannehill - The Titans offensive personnel peaked a few years ago and hasn't been the same since 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

To be fair, he seemed a fairly elite QB in Seattle, and some years his OL was baaaaaad at pass blocking yet he still delivered. I understand why the Broncos traded for him. It should be a lesson to all the fans on here that want to fire players and coaches every week...

He seems to really miss having someone like lockett/baldwin for the scramble just get open stuff.  Metcalf being a monster you can chuck it up to is also pretty helpful.  Not to mention a functional run game.  

To me?  Sutton=Overrated, and Jeudy=Bad.  Offense is a complete mess - they can't run, sacks are up, and he doesn't trust anyone out there to make a play.  A lot of the same as Allen if he were without Diggs.  

• Disagree 1

That offense is an unmitigated disaster.  A roster completely riddled with injuries, the Broncos are ALWAYS  in 3rd and long, and Wilson stands in the pocket forever looking for a 40 yard bomb more plays that are usually a sack for big losses, or a toss up to a few defenders. 

Most Penalized Teams in the NFL, Lowest PPG, Best in PPG Given up.

HACKSAW may not last the season, and The Broncos are stuck with Wilson 2 years given his extension.

worst trade in NFL history?  Maybe worst transaction in sports history.  It’s al bad in Denver, outside of that Defense. 

Edited by B-Large

I've been such a fan of the guy since he came into the league. Wanted the Bills to draft him, which they said they were going to but in the 4th and then Seattle snagged him in the 3rd. 

But the more I've learned about the dude this season the more he comes off as really disingenuous. He works incredibly hard to uphold and present a very specific image to everyone in everything he does. The things we've heard out of both Denver and Seattle, in regards to his teammates, is that the dude is just a bit much at times. Some Broncos fan posted a video where he highlighted how it appears some of his teammates aren't really on the same page with him. Russ was trying to get the team pumped for the second half but most guys just kinda jogged right past him and gave a little fist bump on their way into the locker room. 

It's wild that he's screwing up play calls and audibles when you hear about the wristband stuff lol. Just wear the frickin' thing so you can reference it when needed. It seems like a vanity thing for him. "I have the entire playbook memorized, I don't need the wristband!" Well, you're out there mixing up calls from your old team, maybe ya do need it.  

Edited by blacklabel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.