Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Sal Capaccio 🏈
@SalSports
·
11m
Erie County Executive
@markpoloncarz

just said he expects an announcement to come soon from the Bills about the status of the game Sunday, but did not elaborate on what that entails.

...and they'll announce they're playing at home.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Sal Capaccio 🏈
@SalSports
·
11m
Erie County Executive
@markpoloncarz

just said he expects an announcement to come soon from the Bills about the status of the game Sunday, but did not elaborate on what that entails.

was cryptic.  Great poker face by him.  Would they announce they will play the game with no fans (if the storm ends mid-day Sat.  Just stay at stadium or nearby hotel, etc?)  

16 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Plenty of time. This isn’t Texas, Buffalo has the capability. 

Infected by what? Loser syndrome?

It isn't texas?  Really, I never thought of that.

My point about the flood in Houston was the just because it stops raining,  doesnt mean the threat of a flood is over.  Just because it stops snowing doesn't mean the threat of a crisis is over.  The snow doesn't miraculously disappear as long as temps are expected to remain low..

If in fact WNY get 48-60 inches of snow,  it will be days before it is cleaned up.   We shall  see.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Really hope it gets moved. Give us one more dome game to enjoy watching this year. After Thanksgiving the rest of our games our in cold/crap weather locations .

I agree. It sucks for the fans who were looking forward to it but from a selfish POV the team is in the sh*t at the moment and need to get back on track. I don't have faith that playing a team like the Browns in a snowstorm is the best way to do that.

Of course if they play in a dome and still lose I'll be wishing they played in the snow

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

I agree. It sucks for the fans who were looking forward to it but from a selfish POV the team is in the sh*t at the moment and need to get back on track. I don't have faith that playing a team like the Browns in a snowstorm is the best way to do that.

Of course if they play in a dome and still lose I'll be wishing they played in the snow

Cleveland has a garbage defense. If our offense can't light them up in a dome it might be panic time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

My bet is 3.

The Bills are a better team than the Browns, that snow is a huge equalizer.

They're not forecasting bad weather for Sunday. The problem is going to be cleaning the snow out of the stadium and travel issues.

I’m not happy that I can’t go to the game.  And there won’t be a refund.  The Bills will just roll the money over to next year, and raise STH prices by the cost of this game.   The same nonsense they pulled with the last game, IIRC. 

But for football reasons, this makes all the sense in the world.  Snow is an equalizer.  We should throttle this team.  Play it in Detroit with no fans.  I’m totally fine with that.  We can even leave some of our stuff there if we’re so inclined for later in the week.  Much better than doing the Philly/DC/NYC thing.  

**EDIT - this presumes the game is moving.  And, knowing Mark pretty well, and guessing that he wouldn’t have said what he did had he not known of the plan of the Bills and the NFL with respect to the game, I strongly suspect it’s moving and that the Bills are picking up shop and heading somewhere else (likely Detroit) shortly.

Edited by SectionC3

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Orchard Park and Hamburg are both in the snow belt and will get hammered

Heaviest snow favors a 240 degree and possibly 250 degree wind direction this time which puts the heaviest snow in the Buffalo Metro area, airport, Eastern suburbs and immediate Northtowns actually.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KHAN said:

They're not forecasting bad weather for Sunday. The problem is going to be cleaning the snow out of the stadium and travel issues.

When this happened in 2014 Poloncarz was pretty adamant that community welfare was more important than a football game.  He was right.  The game probably is going to have to move. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Hyperbole much? 

To date, in the 49 years we have been in that stadium, this has happened all of ONCE. It might happen again this week, which would bring us up to once every quarter century, basically. 

Exactly, you can’t play the game if you can’t get TO the stadium, with or without a dome. 

What should we all expect from a guy with the handle "Buffalo Super Fan"?

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Heaviest snow favors a 240 degree and possibly 250 degree wind direction this time which puts the heaviest snow in the Buffalo Metro area, airport, Eastern suburbs and immediate Northtowns actually.

didnt know that

but if Buffalo gets 5' of snow and the stadium doesnt get heavily hit I will be shocked

Just now, SectionC3 said:

When this happened in 2014 Poloncarz was pretty adamant that community welfare was more important than a football game.  He was right.  The game probably is going to have to move. 

He is absolutely right.  Could you imagine the backlash if people die because medical emergencies happen and they can't get to the places to help because the resources are out trying to clear the stadium area for a game?

Just now, Turk71 said:

didnt know that

but if Buffalo gets 5' of snow and the stadium doesnt get heavily hit I will be shocked

They will probably get 3-3.5 feet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.