Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

4.5 thru Canada with a passport - better leave tomorrow

Yes...have to have an actual passport not an enhanced license...interesting fact...you have to cross through the same border crossing area to use an enhanced license...cannot cross from WNY and then re-enter near Detroit, would have to re-enter in WNY.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KHAN said:

The weather in Buffalo on Sunday is predicted to be fine.

Well, then they can use Sunday to start plowing their way to the stadium so they can start shoveling it out, it seems. It’s going to take time to clean up. Sunday isn’t the problem. Unfortunate timing for this crazy storm. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Dude...again.  It has nothing to do with the weather Sunday and everything to do with what is about to happen in the next 60 hours prior to that.

Reading comprehension dude.

I was replying to yet another post that was concerned about playing Cleveland in heavy snow, when the forecast is fine for Sunday.

Sheese. Stop stalking me please.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It is mind boggling how people think a few hours is going to make a big difference with this type of snowfall being forecasted. I can only assume most of the people talking like this either live in WNY in places that gets little snow from these like the Northtowns or only have foggy memories from living here decades ago...or don't live here and have never seen anything close to snowfall totals like this.

Nobody who lived through Snowvember talks like this.

remember it well

il_680x540.3081780263_fd9r.jpg

I lived less than a mile from the lake and remember we couldn't get out the front door as the snow drifts were as high as the rooftop. now, I have been gone for 3 decades but trust me, I lived through enough wny winters and by no means are my memories foggy.

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

remember it well

il_680x540.3081780263_fd9r.jpg

I lived less than a mile from the lake and remember we couldn't get out the front door as the snow drifts were as high as the rooftop. now, I have been gone for 3 decades but trust me, I lived through enough wny winters and by no means are my memories foggy.

went out 2nd floor window in South Buffalo with a shovel to get to the doors😜

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

cannot cross from WNY and then re-enter near Detroit, would have to re-enter in WNY.

Wow. We have passports. I guess my kid’s friend stays in NYS!! border agent  “ wink winked” old License is okay. But no way am I going over 4 borders without being sure with passports. 

38 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Wonder if the Bills stay there until Thanksgiving too

Team said they staying on visiting side but leaving Sunday and back to Detroit Wednesday. They seem to put a priority on not being away. Have to think folks worry about the family, snow, t give season 

Edited by Since1981

Just now, Turk71 said:

Were they right? 

Heaviest snow at airport, eastern burbs and Northtowns?

Growing up in SB that would  surprise me. They have about 4 ft at the stadium already.

Nope...the band got pushed further south than they thought before stalling out...they knew the shortwave trough was coming and that the models were aggressive in the band pushing south, but local experience showed them this usually did not happen once it was set up and organized....this time it did.

image.thumb.png.c41ee93ef2bb0d9dd977ee5bb8f52509.png

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Turk71 said:

went out 2nd floor window in South Buffalo with a shovel to get to the doors😜

Somewhere we a have a picture of me talking face to face with the guy across the street. I was standing outside in the snow drift and he was in his second floor window. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Somewhere we a have a picture of me talking face to face with the guy across the street. I was standing outside in the snow drift and he was in his second floor window. 

Somewhat the same, there is a picture of our mom talking to us out almost face to face out of the second story window. We climbed the snow bank up to the roof and were sledding off of our roof. 

2 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

Somewhat the same, there is a picture of our mom talking to us out almost face to face out of the second story window. We climbed the snow bank up to the roof and were sledding off of our roof. 

If you are old enough and remember Bob Kauffman, forward for the Braves, this might mean more. He lived in our neighborhood and my sister would babysit their kid. Super nice guy! The detached garages between us were easy to get on top of with HUGE drifts! I jumped down into the drift below me on one end only to hear a loud THUMP! His VW Bug with a sunroof he used to goof around with was just under the snow. OOPS! Stuff happens! 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.