Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

Nice. Ā I wouldā€™ve been bummed if this was a game vs a warm weather team like Miami. Ā But Cleveland knows how to handle the elements just like Buffalo. Ā I donā€™t think either team would have an advantage in the snow over the other.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree, I would rather deal with a few extra Browns fans in a dry, windless stadium....then shuttle players to an empty, snow bound windy mess.Ā  A scene out of The Shining....the decision is taking way too long?

Make Kevin Stefanski look like this:Ā Ā https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffictionhorizon.com%2Ffrozen-jack-nicholson%2F&psig=AOvVaw2wFOuMyJKVcAIyNTGKR9QH&ust=1668803247097000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA4QjRxqFwoTCNDzzteGtvsCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I am just basing this on instinct, but I would suggest the game will NOT be moved.

Ā 

And that driving around WNY will be dicey on Sunday morning. Ā It will be up to each individual to decide how bad they want to get out there for the game.

I think the stadium will be a LONG way from full. Ā Maybe even half full, depending on what the storm does and when and where it does it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If you're telling employees (vendors, ushers, parking lot attendants etc) that they have to come in when there's a travel ban, it's negligence.Ā  If you're telling fans they can eat $1,000 for tickets and stay home, or drive during a travel ban, it's negligence.Ā  I'm all for personal choice and accountability, but at some point the county and league need to take the decision out of the team and individual's control.Ā  To me that point is if there's a travel ban.

Ā 

If there's no travel ban (if it's completely open or only advisory) - I have 0 issue with the game being played as-is.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NyBob85 said:

Ā 

All the reasons used to rule out the Carrier Dome seem trivial and pointless:Ā 

Ā 

"Doesn't have the capacity."

--The Chargers played in a 20,000 seat soccer stadium for three whole seasons, no reason why the Bills couldn't play a single game in a 50,000 seat college football venue.Ā 

Ā 

"Isn't an 'NFL-caliber' Stadium"

--Again, you had the Chargers situation for three years, the Rams playing in an ancient 1930s college stadium for even longer, and plenty of other one-off regular season games in Europe and Mexico have been held in stadiums that were not designed with American football in mind. That excuse doesn't fly either.Ā 

Ā 

"Not equipped with NFL-level TV cameras/infrastructure"

--This is the only one that halfway holds water, I guess. I suppose there are licensing and contractual broadcasting requirements that have to be satisfied but it's still pretty stupid. I've watched Syracuse home games on ESPN and the ACC Network that look pretty indistinguishable from NFL broadcasts in terms of picture quality and camera angles, but maybe I just don't have a nice enough TV or appreciate the artistic nuance enough to understand why flying drone cameras and super-HD shots of every last drop of sweat falling from the players' noses is an absolutely indispensable prerequisite to conducting a regulation professional football contest.Ā 

Ā 

good points.Ā  And you'd think with a massive snowstorm, that the Dome would be a great backup option to still have somewhat of a "home" game atmosphere.Ā Ā 

3 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

If you're telling employees (vendors, ushers, parking lot attendants etc) that they have to come in when there's a travel ban, it's negligence.Ā  If you're telling fans they can eat $1,000 for tickets and stay home, or drive during a travel ban, it's negligence.Ā  I'm all for personal choice and accountability, but at some point the county and league need to take the decision out of the team and individual's control.Ā  To me that point is if there's a travel ban.

Ā 

If there's no travel ban (if it's completely open or only advisory) - I have 0 issue with the game being played as-is.Ā 

Ā 

Agree with this.Ā  If there is a travel ban, it's ridiculous to have it exempt the Bills game.Ā  Move the game if the ban is a possibility, it's not like the economic benefit of the game will be felt with the ban in place.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Nice. Ā I wouldā€™ve been bummed if this was a game vs a warm weather team like Miami. Ā But Cleveland knows how to handle the elements just like Buffalo. Ā I donā€™t think either team would have an advantage in the snow over the other.

I think Cleveland's superior run game would be to their advantage in Buffalo this weekend and if the game moves it improves the Bills chances. Josh Allen is most of the Bills run game and if it is difficult to throw his running is less effective.

• Agree 1

Sal Capaccio šŸˆ
@SalSports
Ā·
11m
Erie County Executive
@markpoloncarz

just said he expects an announcement to come soon from the Bills about the status of the game Sunday, but did not elaborate on what that entails.
Ā 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.