Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

11 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Don't want drunk fans getting sucked out of the stadium when they opened the doors (watched an OSU tuba player get sucked out the doors leaving the stadium when Oklahoma State played there in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament in 2000). 

Hahaha, that getting sucked out of the building effect was crazy.

However those days are gone now. They put a physical roof on the building a couple of years ago.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow! Do you really think anyone In Their right minds thinks they can cross an international border without a passport and documentation to identify themselves?? Cmon. Obviously he was referring to Vaxx requirements. You are just stating the obvious that a passport is required to

enter into Canada or an other country. Cmon, stop the nonsense. 

I should introduce you to my brother, he arrived at the Toronto airport with his drivers license because he read somewhere that he could fly from Canada to Barbados with a drivers license.   Or, not border related, remind you of when Marshawn Lynch thought Buffalo was in NYC https://nesn.com/2013/10/marshawn-lynch-didnt-know-buffalo-wasnt-part-of-new-york-city-when-bills-drafted-him/#:~:text=When he was drafted%2C Lynch,” Lynch told E%3A60. 

Edited by GottaRun
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow! Do you really think anyone In Their right minds thinks they can cross an international border without a passport and documentation to identify themselves?? Cmon. Obviously he was referring to Vaxx requirements. You are just stating the obvious that a passport is required to

enter into Canada or an other country. Cmon, stop the nonsense. 

There are plenty of people, trust me. I'd suggest most people who remember crossing the border once when they were visiting Uncle Lou and Aunt Susan 30 years ago and simply had to show their driver's license.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There are plenty of people, trust me. I'd suggest most people who remember crossing the border once when they were visiting Uncle Lou and Aunt Susan 30 years ago and simply had to show their driver's license.

Yeah those days are long gone. Stay updated. that was 30 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I should introduce you to my brother, he arrived at the Toronto airport with his drivers license because he read somewhere that he could fly from Canada to Barbados with a drivers license.   Or, not border related, remind you of when Marshawn Lynch thought Buffalo was in NYC https://nesn.com/2013/10/marshawn-lynch-didnt-know-buffalo-wasnt-part-of-new-york-city-when-bills-drafted-him/#:~:text=When he was drafted%2C Lynch,” Lynch told E%3A60. 

Some people are truly special. You can’t fix stupid. 

Edited by wppete

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

***** when I had season tickets in the mid 2000's coming from Canada, we only required a drivers license. I think that changed for us around 2007-08?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Well. Pre 9/11 you didn’t even need a drivers license to cross into Canada.  Used to go every weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Hahaha, that getting sucked out of the building effect was crazy.

However those days are gone now. They put a physical roof on the building a couple of years ago.

It was my first trip to Western/upstate NY. BIG Oklahoma State fan and for years, traveled in the post-season to watch them play hoops (2 Final Fours, countless sweet 16's, etc. under Eddie Sutton). Never experienced an 'inflated dome' before that. Was crazy. 

Glad they changed it! Made me nervous leaving on breaks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

I think the Bills would have sent some type of communication out to season ticket holders at this point. 

Ill see y'all at the game in Orchard Park. 

Nobody knows for sure how much snow we are getting, and when it will stop falling. It all comes down to how long will it take to shovel the stadium out. We may not know anything until sunday morning.

Edited by wagon127

Hoping it moves to Detroit. Inclement weather gives an advantage to the Browns with their running game. And the subsequent Thanksgiving being in Detroit makes the decision a no brainer. This weather is Real and its not gong to be a  good look to be out on the roads. 

The precedent is there from the past when the Bills played the Jests in Detroit in 2014.

Gotta move it.  I'll be surprised if they don't from what I've read.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Nobody knows for sure how much snow we are getting, and when it will stop falling. It all comes down to how long will it take to shovel the stadium out. We may not know anything until sunday morning.

I think they only thing that could effect the game being played is if there's a travel ban and the roads are impassable. 

Question is, how many would travel to see the game? seems many would like to see the move to Detroit but the worst of the snow from what weather I have seen is Friday. Chance of snow 80%. 8 to 12 inches of snow expected. Heavier amounts in persistent snowbands. Saturday Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow. expected. Then Sunday very little snow called for. Partly cloudy and windy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 28F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.

no, I don't see the game being moved but I'm not the decision maker, so who knows.

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Very interesting convo from Cover 1 with former VP of Administrative Planning for the Bills during the Snovember game in 2014 that was moved to Detroit talking timelines, etc...

He says without any knowledge he puts odds at 3-1 the game is played here...maybe moved to 4pm. However, then when told they are playing in Detroit for Thanksgiving, said it's a very good possibility they may just do that and stay out there...

Edited by Big Turk

The Buffalo Bills deserve this for being cheap, stubborn and stupid not putting a dome on our stadium like Detroit in a snow belt Orchard Park. So basically once a year we are going to have a road game in Detroit because we are too cheap, stubborn and stupid because we won’t dome our stadium got it. Because Detroit was smart putting a dome on there stadium the Bills will play there once or twice a year in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills deserve this for being cheap, stubborn and stupid not putting a dome on our stadium like Detroit in a snow belt Orchard Park. So basically once a year we are going to have a road game in Detroit because we are too cheap, stubborn and stupid because we won’t dome our stadium got it. Because Detroit was smart putting a dome on there stadium the Bills will play there once or twice a year in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The last serious snow game was five years ago, and it was pretty epic.  This isn't anywhere close to a "once a year" thing.

Edit: Also, they'd probably be talking about moving the game even if we had a dome.  The issue as I understand it is with getting the Browns into Buffalo and getting everyone to and from the stadium safely.  A dome wouldn't help with any of that stuff.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Are they doing to dome the entire region so the roads are not closed?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.