Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

Current weather reports have no snow on Sunday, it's the fact the stadium will be unplayable. Current weather reports have 1-3 inches on Saturday and nothing on Sunday.  The heavy stuff his Thursday according to Weather.Com right now. 

It's about clearing and removing snow in time, which a retractable roof does wonders for.

With all the money the team makes its honestly embarrassing they got to pay fans $15/hr to shovel in order to get the stadium ready to play. 

How many domes currently exist in cities prone to the amount of snow Buffalo can get at a moment’s notice?  I don’t know, but would think it would add quite a bit in engineering costs.  It ain’t Dallas.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How many domes currently exist in cities prone to the amount of snow Buffalo can get at a moment’s notice?  I don’t know, but would think it would add quite a bit in engineering costs.  It ain’t Dallas.

I didn't say dome, i said retractable roof. There's one in Toronto does just fine. Also you realize the Sabres have a roof down the street, right? Lol

Terry is something like the 5th richest owner in the league, he can afford it. So can the tax payers with this massive handout he's getting. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I didn't say dome, i said retractable roof. There's one in Toronto does just fine. Also you realize the Sabres have a roof down the street, right? Lol

Terry is something like the 5th richest owner in the league, he can afford it. So can the tax payers with this massive handout he's getting. 

The Sabres do have a roof and also NFL and NHL venues are identical in size.  Oh wait.  I think houses in Buffalo also have roofs.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Current weather reports have no snow on Sunday, it's the fact the stadium will be unplayable. Current weather reports have 1-3 inches on Saturday and nothing on Sunday.  The heavy stuff his Thursday according to Weather.Com right now. 

It's about clearing and removing snow in time, which a retractable roof does wonders for.

With all the money the team makes its honestly embarrassing they got to pay fans $15/hr to shovel in order to get the stadium ready to play. 

Here you go Arthur.

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

When the entire region is buried in 3-4 feet of snow on Sunday, there is a travel ban in Erie County, and you need to dig your car and your neighborhood street which hasn't been plowed yet out of 4 feet of snow, maybe we can all take the weather dot com portal straight to our seats on Sunday afternoon to spare the logistics.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Here you go Arthur.

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

When the entire region is buried in 3-4 feet of snow on Sunday, there is a travel ban in Erie County, and you need to dig your car and your neighborhood street which hasn't been plowed yet out of 4 feet of snow, maybe we can all take the weather dot com portal straight to our seats on Sunday afternoon to spare the logistics.

Art has pointed out that the Sabres have a dome and most people have a roof on their house.  Can’t they just dome the streets and stuff?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Sooo, why can't our game get moved to Monday night and our Thanksgiving game be moved to Sunday.... other than America and the networks hating us. 

Everyone would throw a fit since there would be no noon game Thanksgiving, and the NFL and CBS would lose a ton of money.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Art has pointed out that the Sabres have a dome and most people have a roof on their house.  Can’t they just dome the streets and stuff?

I hear he is an architect... so he's gotta know his stuff, right?

image.png.8ea9c3bb8da387fdb4cd969973345a21.png

https://cleveland.com/browns/2022/11/nfl-has-been-in-contact-with-browns-and-bills-about-the-snowstorm-in-buffalo-in-case-the-game-must-be-moved.html

”There’s some speculation that if the game must be moved it could go to Ford Field in Detroit, where the Bills play the Lions four days later on Thanksgiving Day, but that hasn’t been confirmed.”

Edited by Jukester
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Is that the same sort of dome?

The Carrier Dome (or whatever they call it now) is one of those weird things where the roof is a flexible fabric of sorts and it's help up with internal air pressure; if you open all the doors the roof will deflate.

Maybe that has something to do with it?  Is that how Detroit is?

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2014/11/source_nfl_says_carrier_dome_syracuse_wont_host_buffalo_bills_game_technology_issue.html

'Source: NFL says Carrier Dome won't host Buffalo Bills game; technology reportedly an issue

The National Football League has ruled out the idea of moving Sunday's game between the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets to the Carrier Dome, according to a source who spoke Thursday night with a senior league official.

[...]

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the league wants the game to be played in an NFL stadium with wiring and technology that meet NFL standards. "That's why a place like the Carrier Dome in Syracuse wouldn't work, despite the fact that it's so close to Buffalo," Schefter reported."

5 minutes ago, Jukester said:

And there is a reference to Buffalo game vs Green Bay in there as well although Buffalo was not mentioned:

Stefanski has been part of a weather-related move to Ford Field when he was with the Vikings in December of 2010. After the Metrodome’s inflated roof collapsed because of snowfall on Sunday morning, the Vikings vs. Giants game was moved to Ford Field and postponed a day. With Vikings quarterback Brett Favre sidelined due to injury and having his 297-game consecutive starts streak snapped, the Vikings lost 21-3.

That was due to Arthur Moats hit on Brett Farve.

1 hour ago, GottaRun said:

Sooo, why can't our game get moved to Monday night and our Thanksgiving game be moved to Sunday.... other than America and the networks hating us. 

Holy crap I hope you’re being sarcastic-the league and America hate the Bills? That’s why they have been on prime time so many time over the last couple of years-the league always puts teams on that no one had an I retest in and they they hate. Not sure you could’ve made this more of a “whoa is me” statement if you tried.

if you were going for sarcasm wow did you miss…..by a lot 

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

If you are looking at the weather channel for your reports it's the wrong place to look. Never go there for anything related to Lake Effect Events. Only NOAA/NWS Buffalo 

1 hour ago, GottaRun said:

Not happening.

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

The stadium definitely lends itself to the mausoleum feel, but I think Toronto sports fans have a lot to do with it. The SkyDome is rocking during the MLB playoffs, but Toronto fans are typically indifferent. 

Been to a Raptors game? How about a Maple leafs game? How about a Toronto FC game? I would say Toronto fans are not indifferent whatsoever based on the evidence I have seen at all three of those. They did, however, suck when it came to the Bills games that were played there. If you looked around, there were so many different jerseys in the crowd and insufficient support for the “home” team. That might change today with the success we have seen the Bills have over the past four years, but they certainly were not a good NFL crowd previously.

I like the idea of keeping the game in Buffalo but having no fans. Perhaps unthinkable a couple years ago pre covid 2020 season but now not such a big deal. 

Probably wise to move to a 4pm start time though. Looks like the worst of the storm will be over by midnight so that gives the roads department a little ore time to clear the way. 

No need to clear the stands with no fans.

And do we really need a few thousand fans driving the highways from western ny to Detroit trying to make a game?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.