Bills open 21-day practice window for Marquez Stevenson

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, schoolhouserock said:

What happens if, at the end of the 21 day practice window, the Bills determine he is not ready to play?

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

He's put permanently on IR for the remainder of the year.

Unless the Bills sustain any other WR injuries, this is what is going to happen.

That said, what happens if, at the end of the 21 days, the Bills decide that he is healthy enough to play, but they don't want to activate him to the 53?  Do they simply waive/release him?  I think the plan would be to try and get Stevenson healthy and then find a way to get him to the Practice Squad.  Stevenson is an asset who they have drafted and developed, and he has some talent, but I don't believe that he offers the team anything more than any existing WRs (or PRs or KRs) on the roster.

Edited by msw2112

44 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They only have 5 WRs on the roster.  I'd be willing to think he may have a spot.

Then again, he might just get cut and end up on the PS.

Kumerow was hurt again this past game.  Ankle I believe.  Bills might need Stevenson at some point this season.   If anything, to be a deep threat and open up things underneath for Diggs and Davis.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He's an alright return man, I'd like to see him play offense but its 2 years in and the most i remember was a cool play in a preseason game from Fromm of all people. 

I would also like to see what he can do in the offense. If nothing else then to run fly routes and help open things up underneath. That said, you’re absolutely right. He’s shown almost nothing to this point and dude HAS to stay healthy. Though I’m not sure he’s ready, now would be a good time for him to get back with Kumerow week to week again. 

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Unless the Bills sustain any other WR injuries, this is what is going to happen.

That said, what happens if, at the end of the 21 days, the Bills decide that he is healthy enough to play, but they don't want to activate him to the 53?  Do they simply waive/release him?  I think the plan would be to try and get Stevenson healthy and then find a way to get him to the Practice Squad.  Stevenson is an asset who they have drafted and developed, and he has some talent, but I don't believe that he offers the team anything more than any existing WRs (or PRs or KRs) on the roster.

They can injury settlement him possibly?  I think once you hit IR twice though ur cooked.  

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

That's funny, I had a dream last night where he caught the winning TD on the last play of the game against the Ravens in a playoff game after Josh heaves it into the end zone and it bounces off of the Ravens #5 into his hands. Then he points and laughs in his face and gets called for a taunting penalty, but it doesn't matter bc there's no time left on the clock and the Bills won. 

Colors Tripping GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Man. I forgot how many Stevenson haters there are. 😂

Personally, I like the guy. Doesn’t mean squat if he doesn’t get healthy and produce on the field. I’m not expecting him to be the savior or anything, but all accounts were that he was having a solid training camp before getting hurt. The guy can play outside and has speed. I’m happy he’s working back in. 

Worst field vision ever. Worst. Runs with the vision of a blindfolded Helen Keller.

20 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Worst field vision ever. Worst. Runs with the vision of a blindfolded Helen Keller.

Oh, come on now. Yes, he had a few returns where he ran up on/into his blockers, but worst field vision ever? Time will tell I suppose, but he only played in 5 games as a returner. Had decent stats, but he was a rookie that looked like he was playing tight to me. His college stats and tape are solid, but looks like his final season was (you guessed it) beset with injuries that limited his production.

We gave guys like TJ Graham 31 games for crying out loud. Guy had the coordination of a newborn giraffe. The least we can do is give this guy a couple more opportunities to prove himself. He’s a 6th round pick, so my hopes aren’t all that high, but I’m hoping he can develop into decent depth. Personally, I’d like to see what he can do on offense. Not as a focal point or anything, but a few plays here and there like Kumerow gets.  

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

As if Shakir is slow

No shakir is damn good. The point is Stevenson is touted as “fast.” He’s not. He’s also tiny. He doesn’t add anything to the offense. And as of now they use shakir in the slot only and what for 5 snaps a game and maybe 1 target. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.