The curse lives on!!!

tomur67

2 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I really never thought that much about the curse before when it was joked about, but after Sunday I'm starting to reconsider.  I can understand losing when the other team is playing better than your team. Yes, it happens.  But, how many games have the Bills lost when the execution of a normal routine play was botched? How bazaar is it when the snap between the center and quarterback results in a touchdown for the defense, with seconds left to go in the game.  And Wide Right, Tennessee Miracle, 13 seconds, the list goes on. LORD, PLEASE HELP US take this curse away.

I am currently constructing a tachyon beam in my basement which I hope to complete sometime next year. At which point I will go back in time and prevent McKinley's assassination and prevent the curse that has plagued all things Buffalo since the turn of the century mark in 1900. Or  maybe I'll only go back a wee ways and buy a boat load of apple and amazon stock....its a real dilemma.In either case I need to avoid running into my grandparents or my past self.

Edited by entropyrules
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont believe in curse or superstition.  I do believe in karma.  Who is on karma's ***** list?

Somebody has been VERY naughty! Think about it, we haven’t just lost 3 games. We have lost 3 games in ridiculous and historic fashion. If you’re not a Bills fan, it might even be funny! 

But I’m not laughing…..

• Like (+1) 1

I'm definitely not a superstitious person.  But I do believe the mental aspect of sports is hugely underrated.

Players know the history of the franchise they are playing for.  Everyone in the locker room is fully aware of how the Bills always seem to choke away games in the most unbelievable ways.  If there is a 1/100 chance something bad can happen to a team, you know it will happen to us.

- Wide Right

- Four Straight Super Bowl Losses

- Music City Miracle

- Monday Night vs. Dallas (allowing 8 points in 17 seconds)

- Hail Murray

- 13 Seconds

- QB Sneak Fumble Touchdown

There is a cloud hanging over this team, and it's been there for well over 30 years.

And it will remain there unless the Bills defy expectations and somehow win a Super Bowl.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills are still very much alive in the standings. A couple losses doesn’t = a curse. Teams go through slumps. There was a great thread pointing out the last 3 SB winners having mid season collapses. Thankfully, the season is a marathon not a race. We’ll talk about curses in January/February, but I’m still all in on this team. The Bills have actually done pretty well through these injuries. Let’s see what they look like when they’re healthier. 

1 hour ago, entropyrules said:

I am currently constructing a tachyon beam in my basement which I hope to complete sometime next year. At which point I will go back in time and prevent McKinley's assassination and prevent the curse that has plagued all things Buffalo since the turn of the century mark in 1900. Or  maybe I'll only go back a wee ways and buy a boat load of apple and amazon stock....its a real dilemma.In either case I need to avoid running into my grandparents or my past self.

I'll be at Judge Roy Beans for most of 1988 come by I'll buy you a shot. 

6 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I really never thought that much about the curse before when it was joked about, but after Sunday I'm starting to reconsider.  I can understand losing when the other team is playing better than your team. Yes, it happens.  But, how many games have the Bills lost when the execution of a normal routine play was botched? How bazaar is it when the snap between the center and quarterback results in a touchdown for the defense, with seconds left to go in the game.  And Wide Right, Tennessee Miracle, 13 seconds, the list goes on. LORD, PLEASE HELP US take this curse away.

Exactly why the Super Bowl hype was so absurd. Bills can be a great team, but to expect/assume they'll execute consistently against good teams in tight games across a playoff run is half-baked.

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Talking to a guy on the plane out of Buffalo..  He loves the Sabres and Bills.  Probably in his early 70's.  Came up for the Sabres games (vs. Las Vegas, Boston) and the Bills/Min game.  He was so bummed out to be going back home 0 for 3.   It's brutal to be a Buffalo fan especially for us fans over 50 who have seen it all.

We did win the AFL Championship twice in the 60's.

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I'm definitely not a superstitious person.  But I do believe the mental aspect of sports is hugely underrated.

Players know the history of the franchise they are playing for.  Everyone in the locker room is fully aware of how the Bills always seem to choke away games in the most unbelievable ways.  If there is a 1/100 chance something bad can happen to a team, you know it will happen to us.

- Wide Right

- Four Straight Super Bowl Losses

- Music City Miracle

- Monday Night vs. Dallas (allowing 8 points in 17 seconds)

- Hail Murray

- 13 Seconds

- QB Sneak Fumble Touchdown

There is a cloud hanging over this team, and it's been there for well over 30 years.

And it will remain there unless the Bills defy expectations and somehow win a Super Bowl.

Don't forget:

2019 blown 16 point lead to Houston in the WC

1980 last minute Fouts to Ron Smith 50-yd TD pass to give San Diego the win in the divisionals

1989 dropped Ronnie Harmon pass from Kelly at Cleveland in the divisionals to allow them win the game

Also, while not choking away a game, but heartbreaking nonetheless:

2004 season-finale loss at home to Pittsburgh against their second and third stringers to not let us get a playoff spot

Edited by chongli

16 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Is there some reason why all those curses are mutually exclusive?

Maybe we are all cursed.

There isn't a hill of beans difference between the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills, historically speaking.  We both seem like irrelevant, cursed franchises.  There are many such franchises in N. American major league sports. 

Which is why I am always perplexed at how much Bills fans love to make fun of Cleveland.

It's like making fun of your own brother.

It’s been a while but the Cleveland Browns have 4 NFL Championships in their history.  The Bills have only 2 AFL Titles.

15 hours ago, Casey D said:

For those of you old enough to remember X-Files, Smoking Man still lives at age 84.  So the Bills still are not allowed to win it all.

I shuffle 60,000 songs often.  That XFiles clip comes up in shuffle sometimes.  
deep throat said they would see the Bills would never win the Super Bowl.  And he says Olympics were fixed when. USA beat the soviets in hockey

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, chongli said:

We did win the AFL Championship twice in the 60's.

If you really think about it, those AFL Championships (1964 and 1965) are almost an extension of this franchise's ridiculous bad luck.

The Bills were a very dominant football team those two seasons... which of course were right before the league's merged and the Super Bowl was created (in 1966).  Had the Super Bowl been invented only 1-2 years earlier, we are the ones facing off against the Packers and quite possibly pulling off the legendary upset that made Joe Namath famous a few years later. 

By 1966, the Bills weren't quite as good.  They got upset by Kansas City (who was easily defeated by Green Bay in Super Bowl I).  Buffalo continued to stink for the next several years, and didn't even win another division title until 1980.  

Today, the NFL doesn't even recognize championships won before the Super Bowl era.

14 hours ago, chongli said:

Don't forget:

2019 blown 16 point lead to Houston in the WC

1980 last minute Fouts to Ron Smith 50-yd TD pass to give San Diego the win in the divisionals

1989 dropped Ronnie Harmon pass from Kelly at Cleveland in the divisionals to allow them win the game

Also, while not choking away a game, but heartbreaking nonetheless:

2004 season-finale loss at home to Pittsburgh against their second and third stringers to not let us get a playoff spot

I think all teams have heartbreaking losses on their resume.

What sets Buffalo apart are the unbelievable collapses, which defy the laws of mathematical probability, and no sane person could ever believe actually occurred without witnessing it.  

Until Sunday, what are the chances that a team could make a 4th-Down Goal Line stand with a minute left on the clock... then fumble the snap on a QB sneak, while attempting to run out the clock?  Probably .0000000001 in a million.  But here we are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I think all teams have heartbreaking losses on their resume.

What sets Buffalo apart are the unbelievable collapses, which defy the laws of mathematical probability, and no sane person could ever believe actually occurred without witnessing it.  

Until Sunday, what are the chances that a team could make a 4th-Down Goal Line stand with a minute left on the clock... then fumble the snap on a QB sneak, while attempting to run out the clock?  Probably .0000000001 in a million.  But here we are.

Excellent point! Let's add the Justin Jefferson miraculous 4th down catch against Cam Lewis.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.