2022 FIFA World Cup

Logic

USA was dominating possession all game so Berhalter parks the bus and let’s the game be played in our half the last 20 minutes. Now Acosta and Moore have played far more minutes than Scally and Reyna. Greg still needs to be gone after this World Cup.

Edited by gobills404

43 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Deserved the win imo 

Pulisic injury forced the rest of the defensive subs

After he went down they pretty much resigned to hang on

The problem even after that is the US has nobody other than Pulisic who can legit beat a defender one on one and force help to leave someone else wide open for a pass or give them a clean shot on goal in alone inside the 18. So many times they make nice plays to get a guy one on one with a defender and they can't beat them or try to make a pass instead and it gets cleared.  

This is going to eventually be the US downfall...we will play a team that has skill players that make great individual efforts to score on us and we won't have an answer...takes way too many high quality scoring chances for the US to score goals. Might be the worst in the WC so far in terms of goals/scoring chance. 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The problem even after that is the US has nobody other than Pulisic who can legit beat a defender one on one and force help to leave someone else wide open for a pass or give them a clean shot on goal in alone inside the 18. So many times they make nice plays to get a guy one on one with a defender and they can't beat them or try to make a pass instead and it gets cleared.  

This is going to eventually be the US downfall...we will play a team that has skill players that make great individual efforts to score on us and we won't have an answer...takes way too many high quality scoring chances for the US to score goals. Might be the worst in the WC so far in terms of goals/scoring chance. 

Disagree that they only have Pulisic

Weah is a dynamic threat 1v1

McKinnie can run at guys and create, Dest is as dangerous an attacking fullback I can ever remember the US having

What they lack is that final true 9 who can link it all together up front, either himself or distribute properly to get everything aligned at the most important moment.

I do agree that they really don't create enough chances but I think they just lack the personnel rn

21 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

No Argentinian Andy Dalton for Mexico as El Tri  head to the airport and a long flight back to Mexico City.

With Germany on the board and likely not looking back CONCACAF has had a pretty rough Cup.

2 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland

Bummer. I did not watch Japan beating Spain, but I can imagine that Spain did not make too much effort to tie the game. Being second in the group will likely help to avoid Brazil later.

Now I just hope that the Bills can rescue my day.

2 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Yes you did.  Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland

Japan won both their games after being down at half time

Japan are pretty exciting to watch.  Hated to see Germany go out but they blew a lead against Japan and just weren't good enough at converting their chances before today.

In retrospect that was a group of death!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Japan are pretty exciting to watch.  Hated to see Germany go out but they blew a lead against Japan and just weren't good enough at converting their chances before today.

In retrospect that was a group of death!

Japan plays an exciting game. They had to win the group to go through, but by doing so they end up facing Croatia (who I also like.) Croatia is a tougher out, probably, than Morocco (nice story,  but would be surprised if they can stop Spain.) Deutschland needs to rethink what they are doing. Two World Cups in a row they don't get out of the group stage.

13 minutes ago, DrW said:

Bummer. I did not watch Japan beating Spain, but I can imagine that Spain did not make too much effort to tie the game. Being second in the group will likely help to avoid Brazil later.

Now I just hope that the Bills can rescue my day.

Japan absolutely won the game. It wasn't because of a tepid Spanish effort at the end. 

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Netherlands dealing with a flu outbreak on the team...unsure how it will affect their players. 

US may catch a very fortunate break tomorrow

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/world-cup-2022-netherlands-faces-flu-outbreak-ahead-of-us-match-202359061.html

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.