2022 FIFA World Cup

Logic

Not a good result.  US dominated the first half and took a 1-0 lead then the 2nd half they played on their heels too much and when they had outnumbered counterattacks instead of pressing the pace they tried to slow it down for an unknown reason which usually led to no real scoring chance or a ball into the box that got cleared out.

Edited by Big Turk

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

McKinnie was bad

Aaronson and Morris as subs were awful

Lost the thread after halftime and it may cost them advancing 

Aaronson played OK I thought...constantly winning balls back and made a few nice plays attacking.  

Tyler Adams was the star of the game for the US tho...dude was Milano like. Everywhere doing everything.

Did not like how disjointed the US looked on counterattacks where they kept slowing it down instead of pressing the attack when they had the numbers advantage.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not outplayed or out talented but out managed

Welsh were unlucky to be down a goal at half knowing US had run themselves out, and they would have ended up winners if that game goes on any longer

Poorly managed and substituted imo

Credit to Wales manager for having a better plan

Unlucky?  They were being dominated in the first half. Actually lucky they weren't down by 2 when Sargent hit the post on his header.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Unlucky?  They were being dominated in the first half. Actually lucky they weren't down by 2 when Sargent hit the post on his header.

Yeah I dont know how much of a better plan it was where if it wasnt for a really dumb challenge on Bale in the box, the US walks out winners

I love everyone's shift in vernacular when discussing soccer.  

You guys on Sunday: "That was a ***** pass.  Who the f#$% was that even too? QB better get his head out of his ass!"

Today: "A right poor touch on the volley from mid spoils another quality try, chaps.  The American side would be well to tighten their lines henceforth."    

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not outplayed or out talented but out managed

Welsh were unlucky to be down a goal at half knowing US had run themselves out, and they would have ended up winners if that game goes on any longer

Poorly managed and substituted imo

Credit to Wales manager for having a better plan

A better plan in the 2nd half, at least...

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You guys on Sunday: "That was a ***** pass.  Who the f#$% was that even too? QB better get his head out of his ass!"

Today: "A right poor touch on the volley from mid spoils another quality try, chaps.  The American side would be well to tighten their lines henceforth."    

Soccer was my first love from the age of 5 when I started playing and played close to 25 years at a fairly high level...don't follow it as close as the NFL but I still watch games when I can.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

tom hiddleston tea GIF

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Soccer was my first love from the age of 5 when I started playing and played close to 25 years at a fairly high level...don't follow it as close as the NFL but I still watch games when I can.

I'm not doubting anyone's love or appreciation of the game or their authenticity.  I get it that other sports have their own vocabulary and in discussing those sports its a natural thing to do. 

Its just funny to me that in doing so we use our posh voices. Especially, since soccer fans as a group are notoriously boorish, violent, hooligans.  

Edited by Jauronimo

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I'm not doubting anyone's love or appreciation of the game or their authenticity.  I get it that other sports have their own vocabulary and in discussing those sports its a natural thing to do.  

It is pretty hilarious listening to the English announcers and hearing their terms for things...

And also Ted Lasso is awesome!

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its just funny to me that in doing so we use our posh voices. Especially, since soccer fans as a group are notoriously boorish, violent, hooligans.  

I do get kinda annoyed when they refer to 0 as nil lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.