2022 FIFA World Cup

Logic

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

They banned beer sales at stadiums in Qatar... imagine having to watch soccer sober. 

There's definitely a big segment of the sports watching population who use sports spectatorship as an excuse for excessive consumption of adulterants.

One need look no further than a Bills tailgate for evidence of this.

I happen to enjoy both American football and, uh...FOOTBALL football...sober as a judge. Okay, maybe a toke or two off a jazz cigarette...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

There's definitely a big segment of the sports watching population who use sports spectatorship as an excuse for excessive consumption of adulterants.

I happen to enjoy both American football and, uh...FOOTBALL football...sober as a judge. Okay, maybe a toke or two off a jazz cigarette...

You are allowed to call it soccer...

On 11/18/2022 at 10:51 AM, Logic said:

I wouldn't even think of drinking alcohol while watching a Bills game.  Watching a live Bills game is one of my absolute favorite things to do in life, and I want to do it sober.

I would say 70% (?) of "fans" who go to the stadiums are there for an experience and are morons looking for an excuse to drink.  I don't need an excuse for drinking!  Drinking is for drinking, watching football is for football.

I will watch every single match of the WC tournament, and not have a sip of alcohol during any of it; wouldn't even think to do it.

Imagine that! 

American football definitely appeals to the lowest rung of the American socio-economic ladder, for some reason.

Go spend some time at the Sabres forum--hockey is a different sport and it attacts a TOTALY different demographic in the fanbase.  Most folks over there actually know how to spell, seemingly have college educations, and are solid writers.

Imagine that!

• Eyeroll 2

On 11/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, LewPort71 said:

The US team failed to qualify in 2018, after successfully qualifying in all the world cups since 1990.

The US has a very young team and are playing against Wales, England and Iran.  All matches 
are on Fox and are  on at 2:00. 

The 2026 WC is in Canada, Mexico and the US, so all three automatically qualify.

Selecting Qatar is a sham imho, but the lords of FIFA bow to the all mighty $$  or whatever the 

currency in Qatar is.  The only advantage to Qatar is that the teams wont have extensive traveling 

as they did in Brazil in 2014 and we wont have to listen to those gawd awful vuvuzelas.

Relatively tough group...only group in the WC where all teams are in the top 20...England #5, US #16, Wales #19 and Iran #20.

Could see the US win all 3 or lose all 3.  Most likely will go 1-1-1...unsure if that will be enough to make it through tho

On 11/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, GoBills808 said:

Benzema out

That is crushing for Les Bleus. Wow.

40 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Great finish by the Dutch

Absolutely. I felt a bit bad for Senegal. They played tough all match, but the Dutch were too much in the end. The first goal was a thing of beauty. 

Rooting for U.S. to make it out of the group stage. Anything else is gravy. That's how I approach it. Watched every qualifier I could as last time around, it proved that qualifying for the WC was no longer a given (my mistake). 

I have a futures bet involving France repeating. FTR, I'd gladly take US winning it all and I will be rooting as such, but let's be real haha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.