Week 11: Browns at Bills

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

To me, Josh has to play superman every week because Diggs is the only consistent weapon.  That leads to mistakes. That to me is broken. I think the offense is good and will be even better once they correct the mistakes, and I do agree they are correctable.  The problem I see is that with Diggs being the only consistent playmaker, it makes Josh job 100 times harder than it needs to be.  Good defense is going to shut that down.  I watch Josh play QB and I watch other QBs play football.  It always seems 10x harder for Josh to get the job done.  Rarely see that nice easy throw with noone 5-10 yards away from that nice wide open receiver like other QBs have a lot.  Rarely see that off target pass where the receiver makes great catches bailing out the QB left and right.  Josh always needs to play perfect.

While the yardage has been good and a few games have skewed us to a high scoring total, you also have to recognize we rank 22nd in red zone offense.  We were 1st last season. I think its having another playmaker is what it takes to fix some of these errors. Not to mention the oline has not been so good this season.  

There is a reason the Beane was looking to get a pass catching back since the off season.  More weapons = tougher to have good coverage. Josh cant be superman every week and we cant go into the post season expecting him to be the perfect QB he was last season.  Thats extremely rare for any QB.  They need to do something to relax the game somewhat for him.

I just feel this staff has a hard time either trusting players or developing players.  Its either that or Beane just isnt making good picks.  You rolled your eyes at that, and thats ok, but there really isnt much other options than that.  Epenesa, Basham, Cook, Phillips, Ford, Moss, Rousseau, Bernard are all first 3 round picks.  Either they arent on the team, or are mostly role players, one or two have shown flashes. Add in Oliver and Elam... would Elam even have played if White started the year?  They are still rotating Elam and Benford when both are healthy.  I think Oliver is good but is he a guy you pay a big contract to because he is great?  Hell even Singletary was under used his entire time here which is another third round pick.  Add in Tremaine Edmunds who has been polarizing his whole career of people either think he is doing his job or people think he sucks. Not many if any ever called him great.

On offense our great adds outside of Diggs have mostly been ok players or players that only had a couple years left.  Sanders, Beasley, Brown.  All great players but all at the end of their careers.

Im fine if you have a difference of opinion but what is the other option?  Either Beane isnt good at getting difference makers, the staff isnt doing a good job developing them into difference makers and or they dont trust new players unless its a spot of need because there is no one else.

All of our big investment outside of Josh and Diggs is on defense. This defense is barely good enough to keep KC in check enough for our offense to keep up with and this offense is barely good enough to beat an average KC defense.  So its always a coinflip.  At some point this team needs to realize that it needs difference makers on offense too and balance that out with the 200 man dline rotation.  Look at Miami... they have Tua at QB and they are taking the league by storm because Hill/Waddle. And that actually makes me sick saying that because I really dont think Tua is great. He is good but I dont think he is Allen, Mahomes type level good.

This is just my observatory opinion.  Im not down on the team.  I still think we can win it all.  I just think its strange how this team handles players.  I've never seen so many drafted and traded for players that at best are small time role players.

I have nothing to add to this excellent synopsis of what’s going on with our team.

It’s maddening to me how conservative we are when it comes to integrating young/new players into our offense.

The main take away is Josh is being asked to do too much. He NEEDS to be able to not play his best and we can still win a game. I think we have the playmakers that can do this, Dorsey just needs to call a better game. 

Dorsey is in a slump in the red zone. His play calling sucks in the RZ and he’s gotta stick with the run more.

Dorsey needs to reign in Josh a little bit, integrate other players, stick with the run game, and take some pressure off Allen so he doesn’t have to be Super Man every game. We won’t go far in the playoffs if it’s 100% Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah man.  About 10 hours total drive time.  I did 5 and 5.  I am going to attempt to drive straight through tonight.  Looking at like 3:00 am arrival.

You’re gonna need like 8 coffees and 2 bottles of ranch to make it home safe.  Glad you made it though, hope your son has a great time today.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

To me, Josh has to play superman every week because Diggs is the only consistent weapon.  That leads to mistakes. That to me is broken. I think the offense is good and will be even better once they correct the mistakes, and I do agree they are correctable.  The problem I see is that with Diggs being the only consistent playmaker, it makes Josh job 100 times harder than it needs to be.  Good defense is going to shut that down.  I watch Josh play QB and I watch other QBs play football.  It always seems 10x harder for Josh to get the job done.  Rarely see that nice easy throw with noone 5-10 yards away from that nice wide open receiver like other QBs have a lot.  Rarely see that off target pass where the receiver makes great catches bailing out the QB left and right.  Josh always needs to play perfect.

While the yardage has been good and a few games have skewed us to a high scoring total, you also have to recognize we rank 22nd in red zone offense.  We were 1st last season. I think its having another playmaker is what it takes to fix some of these errors. Not to mention the oline has not been so good this season.  

There is a reason the Beane was looking to get a pass catching back since the off season.  More weapons = tougher to have good coverage. Josh cant be superman every week and we cant go into the post season expecting him to be the perfect QB he was last season.  Thats extremely rare for any QB.  They need to do something to relax the game somewhat for him.

I just feel this staff has a hard time either trusting players or developing players.  Its either that or Beane just isnt making good picks.  You rolled your eyes at that, and thats ok, but there really isnt much other options than that.  Epenesa, Basham, Cook, Phillips, Ford, Moss, Rousseau, Bernard are all first 3 round picks.  Either they arent on the team, or are mostly role players, one or two have shown flashes. Add in Oliver and Elam... would Elam even have played if White started the year?  They are still rotating Elam and Benford when both are healthy.  I think Oliver is good but is he a guy you pay a big contract to because he is great?  Hell even Singletary was under used his entire time here which is another third round pick.  Add in Tremaine Edmunds who has been polarizing his whole career of people either think he is doing his job or people think he sucks. Not many if any ever called him great.

On offense our great adds outside of Diggs have mostly been ok players or players that only had a couple years left.  Sanders, Beasley, Brown.  All great players but all at the end of their careers.

Im fine if you have a difference of opinion but what is the other option?  Either Beane isnt good at getting difference makers, the staff isnt doing a good job developing them into difference makers and or they dont trust new players unless its a spot of need because there is no one else.

All of our big investment outside of Josh and Diggs is on defense. This defense is barely good enough to keep KC in check enough for our offense to keep up with and this offense is barely good enough to beat an average KC defense.  So its always a coinflip.  At some point this team needs to realize that it needs difference makers on offense too and balance that out with the 200 man dline rotation.  Look at Miami... they have Tua at QB and they are taking the league by storm because Hill/Waddle. And that actually makes me sick saying that because I really dont think Tua is great. He is good but I dont think he is Allen, Mahomes type level good.

This is just my observatory opinion.  Im not down on the team.  I still think we can win it all.  I just think its strange how this team handles players.  I've never seen so many drafted and traded for players that at best are small time role players.

I agree we could be getting more out of some of our early draft picks. However, this is year 6 (5.5 for Beane) and the team we have is legitimately good on paper and in action. Beane is built the team. It’s the offense that seems bothers you the most, mentioning Allen having to work so hard, and also later the stuff about Tua. Hill and and Waddle are much more talented than any two wr on our team. But our defense is better than Miami. And the defense is better than your giving it credit for. I believe we will see the team come finish strong much like last year, with the defense getting healthy and the offense finding it’s groove. Who knows. We just see the team differently. Time will tell.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.