Week 11: Browns at Bills

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

White out again.  At this point not sure why they didn't just IR him.  Wasting a roster spot

I guess that unlike everyone else on the roster, Tre has to be 10000000% ready before he can go.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

I guess that unlike everyone else on the roster, Tre has to be 10000000% ready before he can go.

Meanwhile, Poyer is out here with a bionic arm brace and driving across the country with a lacerated lung or whatever to play. I'm getting really tired of this. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why is everyone so bitter about Tre? If he's not ready to go, he's not ready. Don't you guys think if he was ready to play they would be happy to get an All Pro back into their depleted secondary?

I'm assuming the problem is...that he's not ready to play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Why is everyone so bitter about Tre? If he's not ready to go, he's not ready. Don't you guys think if he was ready to play they would be happy to get an All Pro back into their depleted secondary?

Agree, nobody knows what is going on.  

Everyone just assumes he should be, bc we see other guys come back in a shorter window.  But we know Tre was really down after injury, and it might have slowed his initial rehab.

No way he was playing 2 games in a 5 day span. 

It will be good to get him back for New England and have a month+ of games to get ready for playoffs.  As of now, a healthy Dane/Elam/Benford is going to have to be good enough.  We need our offense to stop turning over the ball and get back to taking care of business, and the dline to generate pressure with 4.

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree, nobody knows what is going on.  

Everyone just assumes he should be, bc we see other guys come back in a shorter window.  But we know Tre was really down after injury, and it might have slowed his initial rehab.

No way he was playing 2 games in a 5 day span. 

It will be good to get him back for New England and have a month+ of games to get ready for playoffs.  As of now, a healthy Dane/Elam/Benford is going to have to be good enough.  We need our offense to stop turning over the ball and get back to taking care of business, and the dline to generate pressure with 4.

It's not a rehab issue. He's been healthy and practicing in full for weeks. 

But your point is valid. December and January is when we will need him.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Agree he's been practicing in full.  But he could still be "feeling" not 100%, or it could be mental (like many are implying).  Many players have said they don't feel truly 100%, until 12-18 months after surgery.  

Like Coach said, it's go time soon.  Silver lining is that Benford and Elam have got great learning experience/PT this season, and it will payoff at some point for us in the future.

8 minutes ago, Process said:

The mental part can be a real challenge to overcome...they are afraid to do certain movements at full speed that they need to for fear of injuring the leg again or because it "doesn't feel quite right" even though there is no real chance for any structural damage to occur.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

The mental part can be a real challenge to overcome...they are afraid to do certain movements at full speed that they need to for fear of injuring the leg again or because it "doesn't feel quite right" even though there is no real chance for any structural damage to occur.

Right, that's what I was implying, that it's not a physical issue 

17 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

ACL is a very serious injury.  A lot of guys never recover from it.  Everyone is assuming Odell Beckham, who’s older than Tre and was injured 3 months later, will just pick up where he left off next month.  Highly unlikely.  That’s why I would not have been down with drafting Jamison Williams in the first round…he’s still not playing either.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.