Week 11: Browns at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Just like Snowvember...the totals just keep going up...from 31 to 37 to 41 to now almost 46 with some areas in the 60-70" shadings.

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

That’s actually a pretty cool map showing the ‘lake effect’. You can see the exact same shape at the eastern end of Lake Ontario. Not sure that I’ve ever seen the entire region presented in one graphic like that. Thanks for sharing. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s actually a pretty cool map showing the ‘lake effect’. You can see the exact same shape at the eastern end of Lake Ontario. Not sure that I’ve ever seen the entire region presented in one graphic like that. Thanks for sharing. 

Buffalo starting early with the defense of it's National Golden Snowglobe "victory" last year(and 2 in 3 years!) with a bang! Attempt to end the contest before it starts

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

These models are a 3 day period of snow. I don’t know if they call for a certain day to be heavier than others.

As long as the plows are out every day, which they will be, it hopefully is all clear by Sunday morning.

Scroll down to "detailed forecast".

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.885440000000074&lon=-78.87845999999996

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

These models are a 3 day period of snow. I don’t know if they call for a certain day to be heavier than others.

As long as the plows are out every day, which they will be, it hopefully is all clear by Sunday morning.

Plows are not going to work well in these conditions.  Last Snowvember they had to call in heavy construction equipment because the plows were getting stuck and/or breaking, which then made the situation worse. Erie County likely will have a travel ban until at least Monday most likely so how are people going to even get to the game?  Walk or snowmobile?

Edited by Big Turk

10 minutes ago, KHAN said:

Thursday night through Friday night looks like continuous snow. The most snow coming Friday.

Yeah I don’t know if they can clear out 2-3 feet of snow in 1 day.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Isn't the real issue how the Browns get to Buffalo?  The Airport will likely be shut down, as will the Thruway. 

There are so many issues with playing a game here that people don't consider...mainly is Erie County going to want to divert the majority of it's resources to making sure the stadium is cleared to play versus the surrounding areas? Travel to here is another issue, travel bans for fans to get to the game, etc.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Plows are not going to work well in these conditions.  Last Snowvember they had to call in heavy construction equipment because the plows were getting stuck and/or breaking.

Wasn't that over 7' of snow.

This one is looking like 3' to 4' over about 36 hours. Praying for you guys that they can stay on top of it. Down here in Jamestown they're saying only about 6" from this.

5 minutes ago, KHAN said:

Wasn't that over 7' of snow.

This one is looking like 3' to 4' over about 36 hours. Praying for you guys that they can stay on top of it. Down here in Jamestown they're saying only about 6" from this.

Forecast has continuously gotten worse as did Snowvember.  Latest HRRR models are showing some places slightly south of Buffalo with up to 72" of snow. There are going to be a lot of places with more than 4 feet

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Looking like I've got a decent amount of time to get the ol' snow tires put on. Someone's got to get the beer. 

Better go load up now. Snow tires won’t help when the car can’t be found under the snow!  🍺 🍻 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it'll either be moved to Detroit (announced today, tickets free or very cheap, full refund for all Highmark tix) OR in Orchard Park but offer full refunds so nobody has to go in person (and hopefully don't need to divert tons of resources to clearing the snow from seats, etc., etc.).

9 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

I think it'll either be moved to Detroit (announced today, tickets free or very cheap, full refund for all Highmark tix) OR in Orchard Park but offer full refunds so nobody has to go in person (and hopefully don't need to divert tons of resources to clearing the snow from seats, etc., etc.).

I’d be amazed if they could even clear that much snow to get the broadcast team set up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.