Week 11: Browns at Bills

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

If he's refusing to play, trade him for picks or someone who will. 

I like Tre but this is ridiculous 

Dude have you ever rehabbed from a major knee injury?  It doesn't seem like you have any idea of what it is like to recover.

Tre not only has to recover, but he has to strengthen it to a world class athlete.  The last thing Tre needs is to be rushed back before he is up to game speed.

Healthy players get a training camp and preseason to get up to speed. Tre will play when he can.  It's a long season grasshopper.  Ill take a healthy Tre in Dec and Jan, as opposed to rushing Tre back against the Browns

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Dude have you ever rehabbed from a major knee injury?  It doesn't seem like you have any idea of what it is like to recover.

Tre not only has to recover, but he has to strengthen it to a world class athlete.  The last thing Tre needs is to be rushed back before he is up to game speed.

Healthy players get a training camp and preseason to get up to speed. Tre will play when he can.  It's a long season grasshopper.  Ill take a healthy Tre in Dec and Jan, as opposed to rushing Tre back against the Browns

If the team says he's ok and the doctors say he's ok, there's only one impediment to him playing.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

If the team says he's ok and the doctors say he's ok, there's only one impediment to him playing.

Tre knows Tre's knee better than anyone else.  Tre will play when hes ready

I had knee injury at work years ago.  Some hack doctor said my knee was fine, Id be back at work in a couple weeks.  I got second opinion-I had a grade 3 MCL tear.  If I listened to that first doctor I would of returned to work with a ***** up knee.  Instead I knew that no matter what the Dr told me, my knee was ***** up.

Watching this MAC game in the snow tonight (ESPNU) reminds me that Josh Allen could probably run for 200 yards if there is frozen stuff on the field Sunday.  With the footing, no one can stop these QB runs. or probably Nick Chubb for that matter.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

If Josh would only throw the ball to other bills players that would great.

he does. 

it just has to be the first half or outside of the red zone is all. 

i say he kicks hero ball up a notch and starts throwing for the end zone outside of the opponent’s 20 every time.

there might actually be something to this. Think about it. We do WAY better on 3rd and 15+ than 3rd and 2 or less.  Allen needs SPACE 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yup.  Just correct the turnovers and also get off the field on 3rd and longs.  I dont understand this defense sometimes... they do so well and then completely break down and give up things like 3rd and 18.  Maybe its just me being pissed about it and not realizing how often it happens to other teams but that seems to happen to us way too often.

The Cook TD run was just inexcusable after allowing what? 17 yards rushing up til then? It is certainly baffling. Reminiscent of the titans and the Henry run. Changed the whole game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

The Cook TD run was just inexcusable after allowing what? 17 yards rushing up til then? It is certainly baffling. Reminiscent of the titans and the Henry run. Changed the whole game.

Caused by 2 backups who unfortunately had to play. Bedford missed the tackle or it would have been a 6 yard gain then Lewis took a terrible angle turning a 20 yard gain into 82.

not his fault, he’s a PS CB but Lewis killed us

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Pretty sure that is right after Tremaine left the game, as Turbo said.. backups in the game whiffing tackles. 

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

If Josh would only throw the ball to other bills players that would great.

People don’t know how good they have it. Josh will be fine. It’s almost like they’ve forgot all the Qbs from Kelly to josh. The narrative comes across as a spoiled brat temper tantrum 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

If THAT is the case then he really has to go 

The early parallels I see between what I understand of this situation and what transpired in San Antonio is that the player is radio silent. The head coach is giving increasingly awkward explanations. The team activates him. Player still doesn't play.

There's no player/Coach presser. Weeks go by and the situation remains static and the disconnect between player and team becomes increasingly evident. 

I hope this all doesn't come to pass and he's out there for the Lions game and everything is a ok. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Caused by 2 backups who unfortunately had to play. Bedford missed the tackle or it would have been a 6 yard gain then Lewis took a terrible angle turning a 20 yard gain into 82.

not his fault, he’s a PS CB but Lewis killed us

Doesn't bring me joy to completely agree here on both points. First, Bedford had some good, competitive snaps, and a couple impactfully bad snaps. Second, Lewis had some good snaps in the first half, and some impactfully bad snaps in the 2nd half (before Lewis, it was Johnson). Third, and not mentioned, is Edmunds's injury in the 2nd half; in the 1st he was playing his best half this season, to my eye, before re-aggravating the groin. 

The loss of both Hyde AND Poyer has proven to be too much to overcome when combined with theinjuries to the #1 CB and one of the starting LBs and one starting DL. That equation has proven fatal (alongside other complications). 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Nineforty said:

J. T. O'Sullivan breaks down latest game (28 mins)

-Damnnnnn..  That camera angle around the 10 minute mark from behind Josh when he throws to Diggs and Diggs makes the great one handed catch, damnnnn. Poetry! and you can see how close it could have been to disastrous, as some other throws were).

-For the lil Dirty haters, go to ~16 min mark. This may be the most I've seen JTO criticize a player of the Bills on any given play in the couple of videos he has done. 

@6:45 the "hinge" pass to Diggs (during the 2-minute drill at the end of the 1st half) was unreal in person; my perspective from the SW quadrant of the stadium allowed me to really track Diggs's route, so the INSANE TRUST/ANTICIPATION of the throw was W-I-L-D in real time.

I was watching Diggs run vertically up the near sideline towards us then slam on the brakes, breakdown, and begin to turn...and BAM! he got hit with the pass. I had decided to watch him work on that drive, and the trust Allen displayed by throwing the pass BEFORE/AS Diggs broke on the route was startling. It arrived like ordinance. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Tre White still not practicing, though listed as "full participant."

Sal thinks even McDermott is hinting at the idea that it's all Tre keeping himself back, not the team or medical staff.

Sal suggested even McDermott may be a bit frustrated and that the whole process is getting kind of strange.

It's like when is this guy going to play?

Where does say he’s not practicing? I’ve seen clips of him in coverage during practice.

6 hours ago, Nineforty said:

J. T. O'Sullivan breaks down latest game (28 mins)

-Damnnnnn..  That camera angle around the 10 minute mark from behind Josh when he throws to Diggs and Diggs makes the great one handed catch, damnnnn. Poetry! and you can see how close it could have been to disastrous, as some other throws were).

-For the lil Dirty haters, go to ~16 min mark. This may be the most I've seen JTO criticize a player of the Bills on any given play in the couple of videos he has done. 

Thank you for posting this. This cements the fact that saying Allen was the primary reason for this loss is a laughable take. He and Diggs are the only reason we did anything on offense. No schemed easy throws, no screens, poor pass protection, predictable route combinations. It's amazing watching this video how many times there is no one open at the same time pressure gets into the pocket and Allen still somehow turns it into a big play. Over and over again JTO says "where do you want him to throw the ball?" and there's just nothing there. Like he says Allen is carrying the offense up and down the field all game long. It sucks that his worst throw was his last one. That doesn't erase everything he did before that.

Honestly my biggest fear is that Allen will internalize that last interception too much and stop playing his style of game. They have to let Josh be Josh, just dial it back in the red zone a bit. And please please please get a run game going. The Vikings on every snap are dropping everyone deep into passing lanes because they know we won't punish them for it. It's been four years of this crap. They have to fix it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.