Week 11: Browns at Bills

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

This, 100%.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.  I don't possess the football IQ that many of you on here are blessed with, so please take my comments with a grain of salt, and know this is simply my humble opinion.  I feel like Frazier's biggest problem is his lack of adjustments, and what seems like his downright refusal to abandon the nickel D, even when teams are running the ball straight down our throat.  I believe you even mentioned at one point the Jets ran the ball eight straight times!  Now I get the Packers game, because even with us up by double digits in the 4th quarter the Packers continued to run the football, essentially giving us the game.  But other than that, I don't understand.  And this is not an issue that started this season. This issue has reared it's ugly head in previous seasons.    

I would guess the counterpoint to your argument would be the D only gave up 3 on that drive. The offense had time to get the FG after that. The way Garrett Wilson was burning them, Frazier probably felt his best defense was to limit the big play potential. 

I’m not in agreement with the above, but just throwing some possible rationale out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Assuming they clean up with the turnovers. Would have won last week if they didn't turn the ball over.

Yeah..I mean if you turn the ball over 4 times, it's hard to win any game even tho the Bills require miracles from teams to beat them even with that.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

JFC now illness is causing multiple guys to be out...could this season devolve into more of a disaster with team health?

I know illness is different, but for the life of me I cannot recall a season, ever, with so many injuries.  It's ironic that at the beginning of the season, we(and pretty much the majority of the national media as well) boasted having one of the, if not THE deepest rosters in the league.  Our depth was outstanding. 

It has truly, truly been put to the test.  I'm really at a loss for words regarding all of the injuries we've had to endure this season.  I kept telling myself, "boy, once we get back to full strength, watch out".  At this point I've just kinda become numb. I know that every other team is dealing with injuries of their own, and noone is going to award us any pity points, but Jesus H. Christ, something's gotta give here....

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah..I mean if you turn the ball over 4 times, it's hard to win any game even tho the Bills require miracles from teams to beat them even with that.

The amount of checkmark in a row miracle plays the other team needs to beat the bills seems like we're living in the matrix.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

J. T. O'Sullivan breaks down latest game (28 mins)

-Damnnnnn..  That camera angle around the 10 minute mark from behind Josh when he throws to Diggs and Diggs makes the great one handed catch, damnnnn. Poetry! and you can see how close it could have been to disastrous, as some other throws were).

-For the lil Dirty haters, go to ~16 min mark. This may be the most I've seen JTO criticize a player of the Bills on any given play in the couple of videos he has done. 

Edited by Nineforty
Adding "pieces of flair"
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We don't need to "stop it".  Cleveland will not win this game by simply running the ball. Bills simply have to contain it well enough. Anything under 150 yards and the Bills win by multiple scores.

Just watch the Jets game or the second half of the Packer game. That's what Cleveland is most likely going to do. Cleveland would love nothing more than to have long sustained drives running the ball and making a few timely passes. Don't discount Chubb breaking off long long runs that might result in a TD. Chubb is the best in the league in doing that. Cleveland best defense may very well be their running game. Thus, keeping the Bills offense on the sidelines. Brisett is capable of using his legs and making a few crucial passes to Cooper and Peoples. At this point, I'm not sure how any Bills fans can be confident goung into this game. The Bills have shown us their weakness vs the run. The defensive injuries have hurt the Bills in every facet of a defense. They were healthy vs the Rams and Tenn.  The Bills aren't that team! They are a less talented team now then when the season started. Players and coaches have under preformed and made many mistakes. It's too early to tell but it sure is feeling like the season is or could be slipping away. The big bad Bills are no longer that. This is a get right game for the Bills. Then again didn't we say that for the last two weeks? 

• Vomit 1

So many rumblings among opposing fans - the Bills are "overrated," "soft," "pretenders."

We have them just where we want them. Time for a classic post-Hail Murray run, all the way to the show this time (and including that game, as well - in case there was any ambiguity).

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Success said:

So many rumblings among opposing fans - the Bills are "overrated," "soft," "pretenders."

We have them just where we want them. Time for a classic post-Hail Murray run, all the way to the show this time (and including that game, as well - in case there was any ambiguity).

That just means they havent watched the games. Yeah we made some mistakes, but some very correctable mistakes. Better now than in the post season.

Both Jets and Vikings games were heading into blowout territory if we didnt make a few boneheaded moves.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Agree 5

16 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

That just means they havent watched the games. Yeah we made some mistakes, but some very correctable mistakes. Better now than in the post season.

Both Jets and Vikings games were heading into blowout territory if we didnt make a few boneheaded moves.

Well, yeah.  But they didn't win those games.  Do I think that they can correct this midseason slump?  Eternal question.

JA17 makes anything possible, but then he kind of makes things bad at times as well.  This is a show me year, and I suppose that this is a well-earned designation after the drought and of growing this program.

Tre White still not practicing, though listed as "full participant."

Sal thinks even McDermott is hinting at the idea that it's all Tre keeping himself back, not the team or medical staff.

Sal suggested even McDermott may be a bit frustrated and that the whole process is getting kind of strange.

It's like when is this guy going to play?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Sal thinks even McDermott is hinting at the idea that it's all Tre keeping himself back, not the team or medical staff.

Sal suggested even McDermott may be a bit frustrated and that the whole process is getting kind of strange.

I have no idea, dude.  And, really... if this staff doesn't produce this year, like AFC-CG or bust, then I would expect changes.  I'm not gonna harsh on White, because nobody here knows what his recovery from the injury looks like.  I hope at that he plays, but then again, who knows?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I have no idea, dude.  And, really... if this staff doesn't produce this year, like AFC-CG or bust, then I would expect changes.  I'm not gonna harsh on White, because nobody here knows what his recovery from the injury looks like.  I hope at that he plays, but then again, who knows?

If he's refusing to play, trade him for picks or someone who will. 

I like Tre but this is ridiculous 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Also an interesting coincidence is that Jacoby Brissett was also the Colts starting QB in that game and will be doing the same for the Browns this week.

Nathan Peterman was our QB that game. Maybe we can bring him back for the Fung Shui.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

IMO, it has similar parallels of the Kawhi Leonard/Spurs disagreement. 

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He’s practicing. Not listed as FP. Not listed at all on the injury report. Wdym

• Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's been practicing for weeks

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Yup.  Just correct the turnovers and also get off the field on 3rd and longs.  I dont understand this defense sometimes... they do so well and then completely break down and give up things like 3rd and 18.  Maybe its just me being pissed about it and not realizing how often it happens to other teams but that seems to happen to us way too often.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.