Week 11: Browns at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

A loss here and the conference and the division are out the window..unfortunately I think things are going to get ugly around here next week. 

Conference maybe, division definitely not.  Bills will be fine.  Relax. The panic around here is comical. Thank God people like you aren't on any team I ever played on.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

A real shame Cam didn’t practice, a real shame (cough). Why is he still employed, Mr Beane? Maybe he knows how to knock snow down with two hands on the shovel. 

Perhaps you missed that play in 2020 when Poyer, Hyde and White all neglected to do the very same thing?  I know Cam should have knocked it down but it’s got to be tough to go against instincts to grab the ball in a high pressure situation. He had both hands on it and somehow Jefferson ended up with it while only using one hand. Freak play and it’s happened to our star DBs before. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

A loss here and the conference and the division are out the window..unfortunately I think things are going to get ugly around here next week. 

Thanks sunshine!

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Edmunds and Rousseau are key run defenders so hope they can go - but very unlikely given nature of injury/ailment.

Hoping Poyer can go as he and Hamlin are solid tacklers who usually take good angles back there.  

21 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Perhaps you missed that play in 2020 when Poyer, Hyde and White all neglected to do the very same thing?  I know Cam should have knocked it down but it’s got to be tough to go against instincts to grab the ball in a high pressure situation. He had both hands on it and somehow Jefferson ended up with it while only using one hand. Freak play and it’s happened to our star DBs before. 

If there's one thing I know about this team, it's that I can never watch them do something stupid, and then say to myself "Surely, they'll never do that again"

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The scheme is designed to take away deep passing.  You can't take away everything.  The likelihood in today's NFL of getting beaten by a deep pass is far higher than getting gashed for an 80 yard run if they tried the reverse. There is never going to be a perfect defensive scheme that takes away everything but Frazier's scheme is sound and works well for the most part.

I agree. However, it appears to me that Fraizer stays in his nickel base far too much. He seems reluctant to make adjustments to stop the run even when playing obvious running teams. The Jets game was a perfect example of that. I would had rather made Wilson beat the Bills with the long pass. Fast forward to Sunday.  Statistically, Brisett is one of the worst long passer QBs in the league. The Browns arguably has the top RB in the league named Chubb and a back up named Hunt who could start on most teams including the Bills. So you think Fraizer stays in his safe defenses? Wouldn't you think he adds some guys on the block? I dare to say that Chubb and Hunt will gash the Bills if Fraizer stays in his traditional defense. The Browns are very very good at gap running. The Bills seem to have issues filling the gaps with the Packers and Jets. Minn is a little different running style with more outside run. Nevertheless, Cook was able to take a long run to the house. What makes you think the Bills can stop the Cleveland's rushing attack? Without Poyer, Hyde, Tre, and a banged up Edmunds the Bills have an uphill battle. 

28 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree. However, it appears to me that Fraizer stays in his nickel base far too much. He seems reluctant to make adjustments to stop the run even when playing obvious running teams. The Jets game was a perfect example of that. I would had rather made Wilson beat the Bills with the long pass. Fast forward to Sunday.  Statistically, Brisett is one of the worst long passer QBs in the league. The Browns arguably has the top RB in the league named Chubb and a back up named Hunt who could start on most teams including the Bills. So you think Fraizer stays in his safe defenses? Wouldn't you think he adds some guys on the block? I dare to say that Chubb and Hunt will gash the Bills if Fraizer stays in his traditional defense. The Browns are very very good at gap running. The Bills seem to have issues filling the gaps with the Packers and Jets. Minn is a little different running style with more outside run. Nevertheless, Cook was able to take a long run to the house. What makes you think the Bills can stop the Cleveland's rushing attack? Without Poyer, Hyde, Tre, and a banged up Edmunds the Bills have an uphill battle. 

We don't need to "stop it".  Cleveland will not win this game by simply running the ball. Bills simply have to contain it well enough. Anything under 150 yards and the Bills win by multiple scores.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

At some point, I think you have to look at Fraizer's defensive scheme. 

This, 100%.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.  I don't possess the football IQ that many of you on here are blessed with, so please take my comments with a grain of salt, and know this is simply my humble opinion.  I feel like Frazier's biggest problem is his lack of adjustments, and what seems like his downright refusal to abandon the nickel D, even when teams are running the ball straight down our throat.  I believe you even mentioned at one point the Jets ran the ball eight straight times!  Now I get the Packers game, because even with us up by double digits in the 4th quarter the Packers continued to run the football, essentially giving us the game.  But other than that, I don't understand.  And this is not an issue that started this season. This issue has reared it's ugly head in previous seasons.    

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We don't need to "stop it".  Cleveland will not win this game by simply running the ball. Bills simply have to contain it well enough. Anything under 150 yards and the Bills win by multiple scores.

Assuming they clean up with the turnovers. Would have won last week if they didn't turn the ball over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.