Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

SNOW DAY. All Schools are closed. The snow removal equipment prioritizes streets leading to hospitals. During the Blizzard of 77 I was in Batavia and I lived right across from Genesee Memorial. I had friends from town cross country ski to my house to play euchre and drink beer lol

Storms can be fun times as long as you're not stuck out on the road somewhere.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

SNOW DAY. All Schools are closed. The snow removal equipment prioritizes streets leading to hospitals. During the Blizzard of 77 I was in Batavia and I lived right across from Genesee Memorial. I had friends from town cross country ski to my house to play euchre and drink beer lol

Storms can be fun times as long as you're not stuck out on the road somewhere.  

@muppy is secretly Canadian 😁

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For the benefit of all the Bills fans who don't live in WNY, just how bad is the storm?  It sounds like the Southtowns and probably the lake shore down to Fredonia and Dunkirk are the worst hit areas, as usual.  Is the stadium getting buried?  It's a shame the Bills lose the benefit of a home game.  Public safety comes first of course but if the storm was something that could be managed to allow the game to be played in Orchard Park, that will make things worse.  

I grew up in West Seneca and actually worked at Rich Stadium, selling beer in the stands, when it first opened.  So I liked the OP location.  But putting it in Tonawanda or someplace between Buffalo and Niagara Falls would have avoided the worst of the heavy snow events.  Now the new stadium is going to be right in the middle of the snowbelt, too.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Utah John said:

For the benefit of all the Bills fans who don't live in WNY, just how bad is the storm?  It sounds like the Southtowns and probably the lake shore down to Fredonia and Dunkirk are the worst hit areas, as usual.  Is the stadium getting buried?  It's a shame the Bills lose the benefit of a home game.  Public safety comes first of course but if the storm was something that could be managed to allow the game to be played in Orchard Park, that will make things worse.  

I grew up in West Seneca and actually worked at Rich Stadium, selling beer in the stands, when it first opened.  So I liked the OP location.  But putting it in Tonawanda or someplace between Buffalo and Niagara Falls would have avoided the worst of the heavy snow events.  Now the new stadium is going to be right in the middle of the snowbelt, too.  

In the Town of Lancaster area, have about 2 feet here, maybe a little less...snow shifted south we are currently right north of the upper band but it has begun shifting north again and still are expecting an addition 20-30 inches by tomorrow morning.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It is now almost 1pm and snow is melting in Amherst. Grass is starting to show. 

I feel like we’re going to get some tonight but it really just decided to chill over Southern Erie.

Yeah, that was a little bit of a surprise...they knew there was a shortwave trough coming through and guidance showed it could push the band south but local experience was that once a band is setup strongly that usually isn't enough to move it...apparently this time was different.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

In the Town of Lancaster area, have about 2 feet here, maybe a little less...snow shifted south we are currently right north of the upper band but it has begun shifting north again and still are expecting an addition 20-30 inches by tomorrow morning.

At least 3 feet in Hamburg/Lakeview now and it doesn't look like it is letting up anytime soon. Got enough over night that most of my neighbors with medium to large snow blowers are really struggling to make progress. Needed to plow a path through the grass to clear out the furnace vent.

1 minute ago, rusty shackleford said:

At least 3 feet in Hamburg/Lakeview now and it doesn't look like it is letting up anytime soon. Got enough over night that most of my neighbors with medium to large snow blowers are really struggling to make progress. Needed to plow a path through the grass to clear out the furnace vent.

Looks like in about 30-45 minutes I should be starting to be in the band again and then within 2 hours I should be in the middle of the band with the real heavy stuff

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.