Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

You can get a kit to put a cab on your blower for under a $100.

Might be worth it if your going to be out there a couple hours at a time all winter.

I've been thinking of getting one of those for a while...I always end up with snow plastered to my whole body and getting it in the face at some point depending on what direction I turn the thrower

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I've been thinking of getting one of those for a while...I always end up with snow plastered to my whole body and getting it in the face at some point depending on what direction I turn the thrower

That can be part of the fun, too. 

For a while. :lol:

On 11/16/2022 at 1:21 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

I got $50 that says no way.

You just lost.😜 

Where's my fitty dollars:

"NOTES: The Bills elevated CB Xavier Rhodes and WR Tanner Gentry from their practice squad for the game Sunday. ... The Browns made plans to make the 170-mile trip to Detroit by bus."

"On 11/16/2022 at 1:17 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  And they probably take a bus from Cleveland.  I can't see them flying for that trip. 

Ashtabula to Hamburg is absolutely brutal through Erie and Southern Tier at times. I white knuckled that drive dozens of times right down middle of I90..."

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-bills-cleveland-browns-detroit-lions-nfl-sports-bbab3e4a46373b3ca3d7de9f84a33501

• Haha (+1) 1

So we all saw the feel-good stories of Bills players getting shoveled out of their driveways by their Buffalonian neighbors. Singletary (I think it was him) had to walk over a mile to get to the bus to the airport. Poyer had to shovel himself out of his driveway. 

The Bills knew this storm was coming and even scheduled the game at another stadium. Why didn't they hire people to plow/shovel the players out to get them to the bus in an orderly and stress-free fashion? 

Just seems like a major lapse in preparedness and could certainly explain the depressing first half we saw today. Anyone in the area have thoughts on this?

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

So we all saw the feel-good stories of Bills players getting shoveled out of their driveways by their Buffalonian neighbors. Singletary (I think it was him) had to walk over a mile to get to the bus to the airport. Poyer had to shovel himself out of his driveway. 

The Bills knew this storm was coming and even scheduled the game at another stadium. Why didn't they hire people to plow/shovel the players out to get them to the bus in an orderly and stress-free fashion? 

Just seems like a major lapse in preparedness and could certainly explain the depressing first half we saw today. Anyone in the area have thoughts on this?

Why did they wait so long to leave town missing a practice because of it?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MPT said:

Most players had a multitude of fans shoveling/plowing them out. Including Poyer who mentioned all the help in his post game presser.

So simple for people who have never seen 80 inches of snow to have all these easy ideas of all the stuff that could have been done.

You realize that plows were basically stuck and/or breaking and had to have heavy equipment come to get them unstuck and plow the roads?

Where would all these people to "help" had come from? The roads had 6 feet of snow in them.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MPT said:

This is Buffalo… We’ve had storms of the century that Have never came to fruition 

The storm came on Thursday night going into Friday morning… It’s not like it was a week ahead of time

The players are all millionaires… They can have a snow plow service that clears out their driveways weekly…. I just shoveled 5 feet of snow out of my driveway by hand with a plastic shovel

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Most players had a multitude of fans shoveling/plowing them out. Including Poyer who mentioned all the help in his post game presser.

So simple for people who have never seen 80 inches of snow to have all these easy ideas of all the stuff that could have been done.

You realize that plows we're basically stuck and/or breaking and had to have heavy equipment come to get them unstuck and plow the roads?

Okay I didn't know Poyer also had help from fans and neighbors. 

But city plows are responsible for the entire region and it makes sense that they could have broken down or got stuck. The Bills should have had private companies clearing out snow for the players during the storm or gotten the players to Detroit earlier, right?

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, YoloinOhio said:

November is actually the worst of it from a lake effect snow amount perspective because of the warm lake.

temps and wind, another story 

Maybe they need to petition the NFL

for future November road games, due to unfrozen Lake Erie. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is Buffalo… We’ve had storms of the century that Have never came to fruition 

The storm came on Thursday night going into Friday morning… It’s not like it was a week ahead of time

The players are all millionaires… They can have a snow plow service that clears out their driveways weekly…. I just shoveled 5 feet of snow out of my driveway by hand with a plastic shovel

That's what I'm saying. Why are fans shoveling them out when they could have private companies working around the clock to make sure they were cleared out? Or get the players out before there was five feet of snow on the ground.

9 minutes ago, MPT said:

That's what I'm saying. Why are fans shoveling them out when they could have private companies working around the clock to make sure they were cleared out? Or get the players out before there was five feet of snow on the ground.

Because we weren’t sure there was gonna be 5 feet of snow on the ground… We’ve been told 5000 times we’re gonna get 5 feet

And we got 5 inches

Even if we were prepared for a major storm… Which we are in western New York compared to the rest of the country… Getting 6 feet dumped in 15 hours is tough to handle

The state doesn’t even have enough to handle it

And the bills Players are basically independently contracted… It be on them as much as any private citizen to have snow plow service

Why should the bills pay to have their luxury homes plowed in the winter when they’re already getting paid millions? They should all have an independent snowplower already 

And the plows in the city of Buffalo and the plows in Orchard Park are completely independent… And they were ran thin

The players… Or the bills organization… Should have An independent plowing contractor… Or we get stuck in situations like this

Edited by Buffalo716

10 minutes ago, MPT said:

Okay I didn't know Poyer also had help from fans and neighbors. 

But city plows are responsible for the entire region and it makes sense that they could have broken down or got stuck. The Bills should have had private companies clearing out snow for the players during the storm or gotten the players to Detroit earlier, right?

During a driving ban? C'mon man...you don't know the situation obviously, just stop already 

8 minutes ago, MPT said:

Because dedicating resources to plow private drives so guys didn't have to walk through 100' of snow would have been really stupid when they had so much other stuff to deal with at the last minute.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because we weren’t sure there was gonna be 5 feet of snow on the ground… We’ve been told 5000 times we’re gonna get 5 feet

And we got 5 inches

Even if we were prepared for a major storm… Which we are in western New York compared to the rest of the country… Getting 6 feet dumped in 15 hours is tough to handle

And the bills Players are basically independently contracted… It be on them as much as any private citizen to have snow plow service

Why should the bills pay to have their luxury homes plowed in the winter when they’re already getting paid millions? They should all have an independent snowplower

Again, that's what I'm saying. They should have been prepared for this regardless of the city's capacity to handle it. If you have to move your home game to another city then it's obvious you should be prepared to get your players to that city without help from random fans coming by to shovel snow.

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

Again, that's what I'm saying. They should have been prepared for this regardless of the city's capacity to handle it. If you have to move your home game to another city then it's obvious you should be prepared to get your players to that city without help from random fans coming by to shovel snow.

Are you seriously suggesting guys wouldn't have been able to leave their homes if their driveways weren't shoveled?

Is this a HOA thing? :doh: 

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

See… The game didn’t need to be moved

Second time in 60 years… Sure there would’ve been a lot of moving pieces to get it cleaned up … but they can with their resources 

The NFL moved it not the Buffalo Bills

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And we got 5 inches

Why should the bills pay to have their luxury homes plowed in the winter when they’re already getting paid millions? They should all have an independent snowplower already 

And the plows in the city of Buffalo and the plows in Orchard Park are completely independent… And they were ran thin

The players… Or the bills organization… Should have An independent plowing contractor… Or we get stuck in situations like this

That's exactly what I said but you're disagreeing with me for some reason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.