Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Man this is wild already...started around 7:30ish and already have 6 inches at the airport before 10pm...it's snowing sideways right now very angrily.

Interested to see what it looks like when I wake up tomorrow morning.

It was doing that on my way to the store. Couldn't see 10 feet Infront of me. It stopped while I was in there and hasn't snowed since. That was last night at 11. So far the snow has been a major disappointment in the city of buffalo 

1 hour ago, rusty shackleford said:

It’s starting to shape up to what they said it could be. I’m in Hamburg. Thought this one might hit the north towns harder (and maybe it is) but the last 5 hours we’ve been getting hammered in the south towns

I haven't been up all night but what I shoveled before I went to bed was pretty much still clear now besides wind blowing it around. I'm on Hertel 

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Man this is wild already...started around 7:30ish and already have 6 inches at the airport before 10pm...it's snowing sideways right now very angrily.

Interested to see what it looks like when I wake up tomorrow morning.

!

13 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I'm watching NBC Nightly News, and they have a report about the weather. They say the bullseye of the storm is Buffalo. Unfortunately, the map they showed had the arrow in the Watertown area. Geniuses!

Well in that case that is more on NBC than weather forecasters since other maps show to peaks - Buffalo and Watertown.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I totally get it now ladies. I expected at least 24 inches and only got 4 inches.

Depends on where you are.  I have about 20 inches and it's still snowing...Lakeview area got around 3 feet, OP/WS got anywhere from 20-30" by this morning.  

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Depends on where you are.  I have about 20 inches and it's still snowing...Lakeview area got around 3 feet, OP/WS got anywhere from 20-30" by this morning.  

South of Buffalo is currently getting pounded with snow. Snow models had the heaviest north of Buffalo I thought. Maybe it’s still going to move up at some point.

Hopefully it does for Southtown’s sake.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

South of Buffalo is currently getting pounded with snow. Snow models had the heaviest north of Buffalo I thought. Maybe it’s still going to move up at some point.

Was supposed to but it appears the heaviest will be in South Buffalo through Lancaster. Northtowns will still get a good amount tho

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Snow was/is falling in Hamburg at 5 inches per hour. 

• Shocked 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.