Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

SONOFA! Yet another foul Buffalo weather game gets shuffled to Detroit because the powers that be don’t think we need a dome. The backwoods thinking of this small time, small minded community makes me wonder how we even have a couple professional sports teams. Disgraceful. In the thick of a playoff race with EVERY Team in our Divusion, we’re gonna take a 2 week hiatus in Motown. 

CURSED! We’re Cursed, I tell ya!

Whats next? AFC Championship Game in Detroit?

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

A dome changes nothing when you are talking about 4'-6' of snow.  Just getting to the stadium would require everyone to get on snowmobiles to get there.  Or dog sleds, or Clydesdale horses, or actual buffalo to ride.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

A dome changes nothing when you are talking about 4'-6' of snow.  Just getting to the stadium would require everyone to get on snowmobiles to get there.  Or dog sleds, or Clydesdale horses, or actual buffalo to ride.

Ed Oliver might be the only guy there

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m figuring a loss now. No home crowd. No excitement from the Bills players while Browns are THRILLED to not travel to the arctic. I fear the season is dramatically slipping away.

Snap Out Of It Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The number of people that don’t get this is staggeringly expected. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I could definitely see Josh riding in on a buffalo. Dismount. And then hurdle it!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

SONOFA! Yet another foul Buffalo weather game gets shuffled to Detroit because the powers that be don’t think we need a dome. The backwoods thinking of this small time, small minded community makes me wonder how we even have a couple professional sports teams. Disgraceful. In the thick of a playoff race with EVERY Team in our Divusion, we’re gonna take a 2 week hiatus in Motown. 

CURSED! We’re Cursed, I tell ya!

Whats next? AFC Championship Game in Detroit?

Buffalo should build the first outdoor arena for NHL for Sabres. Why not?

Go full stupid or go home i say. LOL.

😂😂.......yes this is sarcasm........

• Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The number of people that don’t get this is staggeringly expected. 

They all must be as rich as Lex Luthor.  He was able to get to supermans' fortress of solitude, so they can get to highmark.

Edited by The Wiz

The Orchard Park forecast per NWS:

Tonight: Total nighttime snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Friday: New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Friday Night: New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Saturday: New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night: Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday: Chance of precipitation is 50%.

I don't get the melodrama. I'm not seeing forecasts of four feet of snow. It snows Thursday, you clean it up Friday. Then it snows Friday and you clean it up Saturday. You get half an inch on Saturday and you do clean up work. Each day taken on it's own is a very do-able street cleanup.

Maybe we've grown soft, or maybe this is a media ratings driven crisis that we'll all be laughing about Sunday afternoon while we bemoan loss of our home game to Detroit.

Edited by boater
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/14/2022 at 3:37 PM, Big Turk said:

Ehh...Northtowns and into Niagara County have the best of it...they only get 40-60 inches on average.  Buffalo itself gets almost 100 inches and is the snowiest largish city in the US. Have also won the National Golden SnowGlobe 2 of the last 3 years for most snowfall which includes all cities over 100K population(including Alaska). Still hold the record for most snowfall in a season of any city with over 100K population as well with 199.2 inches.

But yes, in general the Southtowns gets more snow.  

However, the snow isn't the worst of it. the worst are the endless cloudy days where you may not see the sun for 2+ weeks at a time and routinely go 7-10 days without seeing it. That and the wind which is brutal, especially as you get closer to the lake...they have lines strung up downtown for people to hold onto when crossing the street for a reason...

This Buffalo you speak of sounds like a lovely place. I really must plan a vacation there. Maybe next November.

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I'm watching NBC Nightly News, and they have a report about the weather. They say the bullseye of the storm is Buffalo. Unfortunately, the map they showed had the arrow in the Watertown area. Geniuses!

I saw that too - busted out laughing.....they were close though, just the wrong side of Lake Ontario.....

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This Buffalo you speak of sounds like a lovely place. I really must plan a vacation there. Maybe next November.

Best weather in the country from May to late October....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.