Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

1 minute ago, AMMOT23 said:

to be honest i did not see that part

I think folks are relying on this thread for accurate info regarding the impending snow.

Please try to double check and make sure you're posting actual comprehensive info.

Thanks. 🤙

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think folks are relying on this thread for accurate info regarding the impending snow.

Please try to double check and make sure you're posting actual comprehensive info.

Thanks. 🤙

Does this include takes on strategy and player injuries too?  I’m not sure we can sustain that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is the best up to the minute(almost literally) expectations from the most accurate source possible:

TLDR:

Buffalo Metro:

Thursday night: 12-18",

Friday 12-18",

Friday Night: 8-12",

Saturday: 8-12"(no forecast for Saturday Night/Sunday yet)

Totals: 40-60"

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, Big Turk said:

Why do people assume snow games require running?  Unless it is very windy, throwing the ball is highly effective as the WRs have the advantage of knowing where they are going and potential for big plays due to slipping and falling. We had quite a few snow games with the Kelly era Bills that were air raids. The wildcard playoff game against Miami for one.

I was at the Miami playoff game - yes it snowed, but it wasn't windy and it wasn't a heavy snow.  If snow comes down at 2-4" per hour that will put a significant damper on the ability to throw.   

Just now, chaccof said:

2-4" per hour that will put a significant damper on the ability to throw

That will put a damper on running too. 
There is no way in hell Erie county allows the stadium open under those conditions. I like a good thunder snow as Jim Cantori but county shuts this down at that scale. 

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

That will put a damper on running too. 
There is no way in hell Erie county allows the stadium open under those conditions. I like a good thunder snow as Jim Cantori but county shuts this down at that scale. 

I still think this game has to be get moved.  There is going to be a travel ban for Erie County with almost certainty and the I-90/219 will be closed.

Edited by Big Turk

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Here is the best up to the minute(almost literally) expectations from the most accurate source possible:

TLDR:

Buffalo Metro:

Thursday night: 12-18",

Friday 12-18",

Friday Night: 8-12",

Saturday: 8-12"(no forecast for Saturday Night/Sunday yet)

Totals: 40-60"

the last forecast I saw had the heavy snow Thursday-Friday for orchard park.  What falls on Saturday pm is more nuisance snow of 1-3 inches.

the field will be clear other than chance snow fall during the game.  The issue will be fans going to the game.  This could be a limited crowd game.

Edited by djp14150

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.