Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I wanted to do that when I remodeled the house. Probably the most expensive upgrade, so I decided to buy a snowblower instead. 

Yeah... Steamboat always has their base perfectly clear even after the mountain getting dumped on with feet. I wonder if they use the geothermal in the area?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Watch them move the game till after DeShawn Watson returns.

It could only happen to Buffalo...

Can that even happen?  I’m genuinely not sure lol I think Watson is suspended a certain amount of games not weeks. The browns game will absolutely be played before any games that are the next week even if that includes moving it to another city.

they’d probably have to move it to another city for a Sunday afternoon start and that has to be decided very soon I’d imagine 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Steamboat always their base perfectly clear even after the mountain getting dumped on with feet. I wonder if they use the geothermal in the area?

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/geothermal-still-in-play-at-ski-area-base/
I think they did exactly that. I hadn’t thought of that before. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They used my tweet in their article!

"Would make the most sense to move to Detroit...they are on the road and the Bills play there on Thanksgiving which means they could just stay there and practice ahead of the game next Thursday."

https://wyrk.com/buffalo-bills-game-cancelled/

Maybe the NFL doesn't move the game. After all, Buffalonians are always there with a shovel and I am sure would be more than willing to shovel out Highmark Stadium in order to get fans inside, at the very least. 

19789999.jpg

There were games when Bills repeatedly made help requests for people to shovel and did not get it.

Always is an exaggeration in article but what do you expect from a country hick?

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

19789999.jpg

There were games when Bills repeatedly made help requests for people to shovel and did not get it.

Always is an exaggeration in article but what do you expect from a country hick?

If they hold the game in Highmark it will be interesting. Would expect a travel ban for much of this lake snows event for Erie County starting late Thursday thru early Sunday to try and keep people off the roads and give them time to work on plowing them without having to deal with traffic and cars getting stuck all over and/or in ditches.

Likely will have stretches of the I-90 and 219 closed for 48+ hours as well.

Looking at the NOAA forecast that gives details for Thursday night, expected snowfall is 10-16 inches in Depew/Lancaster so it's going to quickly get out of pocket for snow plows right from the get go. It's actually expected to start in the Southtowns/Southern Erie now tonight

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Who remembers this classic. The snowplow game of 1982 Pats vs Dolphins.

The guy just happened to plow the area where the FG was being kicked...now that's illegal but what would they do if it happened? Give the plow driver a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty??

Just now, Big Turk said:

The guy just happened to plow the area where the FG was being kicked...now that's illegal but what would they do if it happened? Give the plow driver a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty??

Probably wouldn't even let him go out there if he was trying to clear a spot on the field.

Just now, Greg S said:

Probably wouldn't even let him go out there if he was trying to clear a spot on the field.

Could be like the Naked Gun where it just has mind of it's own and goes out there "by mistake" to plow that area hahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They used my tweet in their article!

"Would make the most sense to move to Detroit...they are on the road and the Bills play there on Thanksgiving which means they could just stay there and practice ahead of the game next Thursday."

https://wyrk.com/buffalo-bills-game-cancelled/

They failed to give you credit!

30 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I don't think having a dome would guarantee that the game would be played in Buffalo 

If the game moves it's for the safety of the fans/employees getting to and from the game. Not because snow. They could easily play in Buffalo in front of no fans, just need the browns to show up 

Yeah.  And they probably take a bus from Cleveland.  I can't see them flying for that trip. 

Ashtabula to Hamburg is absolutely brutal through Erie and Southern Tier at times. I white knuckled that drive dozens of times right down middle of I90... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  And they probably take a bus from Cleveland.  I can't see them flying for that trip. 

Ashtabula to Hamburg is absolutely brutal through Erie and Southern Tier at times. I white knuckled that drive dozens of times right down middle of I90... 

I got $50 that says no way.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The Bills tried to fly out of Cleveland in 2007:

https://www.cleveland19.com/story/7506034/adding-insult-to-injury-buffalo-bills-charter-jet-stuck-at-hopkins/

"Adding Insult to Injury: Buffalo Bills Charter Jet Stuck at Hopkins

MBVJHKFMBBAYJONANZU3ICBBLI.jpg

Cleveland, OH - The Buffalo Bills can't catch a break. The team's charter jet got stuck Monday morning on a taxi-way while waiting to depart at Hopkins International Airport. The team will now ride a charter bus back to Buffalo."

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

PFT put out a Tweet that says the forecast is calling for SIX FEET of snow.  Yes they capitalized it.   So maybe there are willing it to happen.   Have we actually heard 72" in any forecast?!?   It's getting more by the minute.

I heard 8 feet, all up hill

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.