Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

Just now, Big Turk said:

So here are things to consider for the game...

What if Erie County issues a travel ban like they normally due in these situations?  Nobody who cannot walk/snowmobile can legally attend the game?  

Those bans typically last far longer than you would think...perhaps they make an exception, but how does having 70K people trying to get to a single point help them? Could be a logistics nightmare.

What if the I-90/219 is closed? 

Just not a good situation no matter what if they decide to play the game here.

great point

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What if Erie County issues a travel ban like they normally do in these situations?  Nobody who cannot walk/snowmobile can legally attend the game?  

Those bans typically last far longer than you would think...perhaps they make an exception, but how does having 70K people trying to get to a single point help them? Could be a logistics nightmare.

Just not a good situation no matter what if they decide to play the game here. Likely everywhere else will suffer from lack of plowing trying to ensure their plows keep paths to the stadium clear, and there is no guarantee they can keep up with it anyway.

And if you do snowmobile to the game, what's the best lot to park in for optimal snowmobile tailgating?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

So far total silence from the Bills and the NFL on this.  The Bills' web site even has an article about the game called "Top 5 storylines to follow for Bills vs. Browns" but weather is apparently not one of the storylines to follow.

But they did do a uniform reveal: blue on blue (ugh).  Snow games are the ONLY time they should wear the red jammies.

They are prepping Browns fans for the 2.5 hour drive through the SnowBelt.

Pack the snowshoes and shoe in. That's what we did in 2014 to get to my father's house in W.Seneca/S.Cheektowaga. The main roads will be open.

The nice thing about Snowvember 2014 was it was totally free.  Got full $$$ back on StubHub! And drove back through Detroit and got in free!

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/11/15/23459965/browns-bills-snow-forecast-week-11

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

But we just had to build another open air stadium , just had to

The semi enclosed roof and wind deflection will help.  Just what falls in middle.  Why not heat the field like at Lambeau...

Like ski resorts.  They get dumped on nightly... Everything heated at base. They can heat the sidewalks around stadium.

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

With the frozen field, there won't be any Tre White either.

No chance that the coaching staff lets him play on that slippery frozen turf.

I don’t think Tre would come back for this game even still. I think he returns at thanksgiving for a tune-up before NE

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What if Erie County issues a travel ban like they normally do in these situations?  Nobody who cannot walk/snowmobile can legally attend the game?  

Just not a good situation no matter what if they decide to play the game here. Likely everywhere else will suffer from lack of plowing trying to ensure their plows keep paths to the stadium clear, and there is no guarantee they can keep up with it anyway.

All legitimate questions/concerns.  At some level of snowfall, not sure what it is, the game becomes too much of a burden for Sunday at 1pm.  Either later start on Sunday,  move it to Monday, or possibly relocate the game to another city.  You can't have a football game take away limited resources that are needed to get the overall area cleared of the snow and up and running again.

If they want to play the game in Buffalo, then the league could have them play on Monday night. Move the Bills - Lions game to Sunday. I know that breaks up the Lions Thanksgiving Day tradition, but the safety of people comes first. We still get two games on turkey day. Giants at Cowboys and Patriots at Vikings.

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

If they want to play the game in Buffalo, then the league could have them play on Monday night. Move the Bills - Lions game to Sunday. I know that breaks up the Lions Thanksgiving Day tradition, but the safety of people comes first. We still get two games on turkey day. Giants at Cowboys and Patriots at Vikings.

The NFL will absolutely not move a thanksgiving game.

they will do everything else including moving this game to another city. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The chance of this is well below 0%

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Watch them move the game till after DeShawn Watson returns.

It could only happen to Buffalo...

This game cannot be played at another time. It’s 1pm Sunday, somewhere. Bills already had their bye. They ain’t moving the playoff dates, and they ain’t letting the Bills not Browns play 16 when everyone else played 17. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

This game cannot be played at another time. It’s 1pm Sunday, somewhere. Bills already had their bye. They ain’t moving the playoff dates, and they ain’t letting the Bills not Browns play 16 when everyone else played 17. 

I think Dr House was using sarcasm. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The semi enclosed roof and wind deflection will help.  Just what falls in middle.  Why not heat the field like at Lambeau...

Like ski resorts.  They get dumped on nightly... Everything heated at base. They can heat the sidewalks around stadium.

I wanted to do that when I remodeled the house. Probably the most expensive upgrade, so I decided to buy a snowblower instead. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.