Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

17 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Oh that's why! I'm in Quebec, an even colder place, and you guys in Buffalo seem to get bigger storms, especially in November. I knew the lake effect but this explains why. 

You guys actually get more snow I believe than we do...at least ion the Buffalo metro area...it says you average 124 inches a year which is on par with Syracuse.

Hamburg, about 30 minutes south of Buffalo gets about 150 inches a year and places in ski country can get 200-250+ but that's way away from most of the population.  Buffalo Metro area gets about 95-100 inches

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Haha...you ain't lying...I lived out there for a few years...I was in the Eastern suburbs in Mariemont and worked in Kenwood, out in Eastgate for a while and finally downtown not far from the Reds stadium.

Was down there when Blue Ash Industrial Park got destroyed by that tornado...was actually out at a club that night up in Hamilton(can't remember what it was called but it was in a mall). Left early for some reason that I couldn't really explain...I NEVER left before that place closed at 2am...luckily I did because I would have been driving right through Blue Ash at the time the tornado hit driving home that night.

We live in Wyoming (Cincinnati area) - My son has never been to Buffalo and gets excited here even with a couple inches of snow in the forecast (which usually seems to end up being a dusting).  I still remember crazy times there in the winter, like when my buddy and I had a mattress on the roof of our car in a snowstorm and we had our hands out the window holding it place while swerving all over the road - Or doing a 360 at UB-Amherst and living to tell about it - Or losing a boot in Blizzard of 77 and my dad having to try (unsuccessfully) to dig it out - Or kicking my snow boot off in the house and knocking over a bunch of porcelain spice jars - Or freezing my @ss off waiting for the bus.  But also the pure JOY of praying for a snow day, looking out the window at the horizontally moving snow which doesn't seem like it would ever land, and hearing my school called in the alphabetical list of school closings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

We live in Wyoming (Cincinnati area) - My son has never been to Buffalo and gets excited here even with a couple inches of snow in the forecast (which usually seems to end up being a dusting).  I still remember crazy times there in the winter, like when my buddy and I had a mattress on the roof of our car in a snowstorm and we had our hands out the window holding it place while swerving all over the road - Or doing a 360 at UB-Amherst and living to tell about it - Or losing a boot in Blizzard of 77 and my dad having to try (unsuccessfully) to dig it out - Or kicking my snow boot off in the house and knocking over a bunch of porcelain spice jars - Or freezing my @ss off waiting for the bus.  But also the pure JOY of praying for a snow day, looking out the window at the horizontally moving snow which doesn't seem like it would ever land, and hearing my school called in the alphabetical list of school closings.

For some reason, we all seem to love the snow and cold, when we are kids.

I have many memories of being outside so long in "snow forts" that my frigging feet AND hands were borderline numb....and then eventually you'd reluctantly go inside to warm up.

It also helps that the winters were much worse when I was a kid in the '70s and '80s.

We would get lots of snow and it would stay there all winter long.

My buddy's father built a really professional ice rink in the back yard and it stayed there all winter; we played hockey almost every day.

Now I think it would melt in a few days.

• Agree 1

This feels like one of those week where an insane weather event evens the playing field between two mismatched opponents.

In regular November weather, I feel confident the Bills would beat the Browns handily. If there's two feet of snow on the ground? My confidence level plummets, particularly considering we're going against a potent rushing attack.

Here's hoping that the Bills can find a rushing attack of their own, actually USE the talented stable of running backs they now possess, and overcome the weather and find their way to victory.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

20 inches?  That’s a dusting. 

Nah, that's a pretty solid dumping, even by WNY standards.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

This feels like one of those week where an insane weather event evens the playing field between two mismatched opponents.

In regular November weather, I feel confident the Bills would beat the Browns handily. If there's two feet of snow on the ground? My confidence level plummets, particularly considering we're going against a potent rushing attack.

Here's hoping that the Bills can find a rushing attack of their own, actually USE the talented stable of running backs they now possess, and overcome the weather and find their way to victory.

A messy, snowy game definitely favors the Browns.  And with their running game, and our running defense, it has the makings of a seriously tragic game.

I just pray we can eek out a win, an ugly win, any kind of win, any way we can.

I'm not looking for style points this week!  Just a "W."

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Nah, that's a pretty solid dumping, even by WNY standards.

A messy, snowy game definitely favors the Browns.  And with their running game, and our running defense, it has the makings of a seriously tragic game.

I just pray we can eek out a win, an ugly win, any kind of win, any way we can.

I'm not looking for style points this week!  Just a "W."

I'd be happy with nothing but ugly wins the rest of the season. Ask Giants fans if they care how their team got to 7-2.

At the end of the season, they don't ask "how?", they just ask "how many?"

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Two Detroit games in 5 days would be wild

In 2014, when the Jets game was moved to Detroit, it was our second game there that year (we had already played and beaten the Lions there).  Not too often that you get 2 wins in the regular season in the same stadium that's not your home stadium (although the Bills did it in the Meadowlands a few years ago, played our first 2 games of the season there and beat both "New York" teams)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.