Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

48 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If these totals are true, then I would expect that either:

1. game gets moved to Detroit

2. cancelled and rescheduled at a later date.

The problem is the Bills already had their bye. I don't know if the Browns did. I guess the league could push the playoffs back a week so the Bills and Browns get the game in. Probably not a bad idea as the teams get another bye before the playoffs start. You know everyone is hurting at that point so teams might welcome the idea. Don't know if the league would want to do that.

Would rescheduling allow Deshaun Watson to play ? 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What is the other option? Move it to Detroit? They are the only Midwest dome team on the road. 

Move to Detroit or push the start of the playoffs back so they can get the game in. Don't know if the league would want to do that. 

If the word "historic" gets thrown in, then they might have to move the game.   The NFL is going to try and keep this game on schedule, especially since the Bills play on Thursday the following week.  Detroit is a good choice since there is precedent for a Bills game to be moved there.  It's important to have NFL infrastructure in place (referee accommodations, stadium personnel, replay review system, sideline communications, etc..) 

So I think as they approach Friday, if the forecast remains dire, they will move to Detroit.  Its not an inconvenience for the Browns either since they are even closer.

19 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Very rare. I like Metro Buffalo up to airport as hardest hit area. Where are you located? I do not expect orchard park to be ground zero for this storm. They will get quite a bit of snow, but will likely be south of the heaviest stuff. 

Depew/Town of Lancaster out by Central/Walden.  We got buried last Snowvember...7 feet.  We get hammered by the lake bands that go over Lackawanna, skirt just south of Downtown Buffalo, get us with a direct bullseye and then head out to Batavia...

About 8-10 minutes east of the airport...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Move to Detroit or push the start of the playoffs back so they can get the game in. Don't know if the league would want to do that. 

There is Zero chance they would move the playoffs back due to a Browns/Bills game.  They will fit the game in.  The playoffs are in stone.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If these totals are true, then I would expect that either:

1. game gets moved to Detroit

2. cancelled and rescheduled at a later date.

The problem is the Bills already had their bye. I don't know if the Browns did. I guess the league could push the playoffs back a week so the Bills and Browns get the game in. Probably not a bad idea as the teams get another bye before the playoffs start. You know everyone is hurting at that point so teams might welcome the idea. Don't know if the league would want to do that.

Both teams have already had their bye week. Can’t be rescheduled for another week. They either move the venue or the day of the week that it is played. 

20 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I lived in Amherst at the time. We had nothing. My friend was stuck at work in south buffalo and asked if I could pick him up. He said it's real bad and there's no taxis or busses. I thought he was over exaggerating boy was I wrong. I was fine until I got to elk and bailey. North side of elk was clear south side you couldn't see anything past the sidewalk. Cars would just appear at the intersection. It was crazy. Police wouldn't let me go any farther by car so I started to walk. Crossing the bridge on Bailey was like entering another world. Went from inches to feet really quick. 

I am out in Depew/Town of Lancaster and we got 4 feet of snow one day, worked our asses off for like 2-3 hours to clear that and then got hit with another 3 feet of snow the next day.  I was so dead tired from having to do most of the work by hand(the snow was so deep the snowblower was getting stuck) that I literally drove the cars out in the middle of the road with 7 feet of snow on them and took the shovel and dumped it on the street for the plow. Total A-Hole move but I didn't care at that point.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Both teams have already had their bye week. Can’t be rescheduled for another week. They either move the venue or the day of the week that it is played. 

Well, the Steelers and Ravens played on a Wed when Covid was forcing games to be rescheduled so I guess anything is possible.

3 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Move to MNF and then the Thanksgiving Game moved to Black Friday, Saturday or regular Sunday.  The NFL wants to get a game to that Friday for Amazon to stream starting in 2023 so it's not like they wouldn't want a trial.

I think that’s actually a great idea. The thanksgiving game just screws up my dinner prep plans. 

4 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Move to MNF and then the Thanksgiving Game moved to Black Friday, Saturday or regular Sunday.  The NFL wants to get a game to that Friday for Amazon to stream starting in 2023 so it's not like they wouldn't want a trial.

I was thinking about the Friday thing too 

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Well, the Steelers and Ravens played on a Wed when Covid was forcing games to be rescheduled so I guess anything is possible.

Pushing back the playoffs a whole week isn’t the same thing as moving a game from a Sunday to a Wednesday. 

It sounds like the snow event is supposed to start Thursday Eve.  If it's expected to calm down by Sat night i can see the game going on.  But if the forecasted snow is through Sunday then i think they will move the game.. especially if 2ft+ is expected.  

4 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Those Thanksgiving games are in the TV contracts and the networks would never allow them to be moved.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It sounds like the snow event is supposed to start Thursday Eve.  If it's expected to calm down by Sat night i can see the game going on.  But if the forecasted snow is through Sunday then i think they will move the game.. especially if 2ft+ is expected.  

2+ feet likely will occur by Friday night in some places at least, maybe not OP tho.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.