Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

I promise you we will be getting more than that.  "Snowvember" started out as 12-18" forecast and ended with over 7 feet in some places.  A watch issued this early in the week is Bad News Bears and whenever you hear "significant", "long duration event" and "multiple periods of heavy snow"  all being bandied about we are about to be f**ked.  Ironically November has huge potential for big snow events because the lake is relatively warmer and when colder air blows over it, it tends to pick up more moisture.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Just what the bills need, a game where throwing is difficult and they need a good run game 🙄

If it's going to be white all over the field, then maybe this is the game to wear the all-white throwbacks. They will blend in with the snow so the Browns can't see them :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I promise you we will be getting more than that.  "Snowvember" started out as 12-18" forecast and ended with over 7 feet in some places.  A watch issued this early in the week is Bad News Bears and whenever you hear "significant", "long duration event" and "multiple periods of heavy snow"  all being bandied about we are about to be f**ked.  Ironically November has huge potential for big snow events because the lake is relatively warmer and when colder air blows over it, it tends to pick up more moisture.

Yea it sounds like it's going to be bad. I wonder if there is potential for the game to have to be moved?

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed. All 4 global models are showing 4-5 feet + of snow this weekend. Will be interesting to see if the higher res guidance agrees the next few days. A watch issued this early is very rare and something to be taken seriously. Lake Erie is at a record high temp due to the warm weather last few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If it's going to be white all over the field, then maybe this is the game to wear the all-white throwbacks. They will blend in with the snow so the Browns can't see them :)

We won't be able to see ourselves though.

In my case, that would be a good thing

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Just what the bills need, a game where throwing is difficult and they need a good run game 🙄

Why do people assume snow games require running?  Unless it is very windy, throwing the ball is highly effective as the WRs have the advantage of knowing where they are going and potential for big plays due to slipping and falling. We had quite a few snow games with the Kelly era Bills that were air raids. The wildcard playoff game against Miami for one.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Greg S said:

It looks like it will stop sometime Sunday. I wonder if the league would move it to MNF. They have done it before with the Jets - Bills from a few years ago. Gives the area a chance to clear the roads and for people to clear their driveways.

Didn't a game get moved to Detroit once due to significant snowfall that filled the stadium?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It looks like it will stop sometime Sunday. I wonder if the league would move it to MNF. They have done it before with the Jets - Bills from a few years ago. Gives the area a chance to clear the roads and for people to clear their driveways.

Might be difficult considering we play on Thanksgiving.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Agreed. All 4 global models are showing 4-5 feet + of snow this weekend. Will be interesting to see if the higher res guidance agrees the next few days. A watch issued this early is very rare and something to be taken seriously. Lake Erie is at a record high temp due to the warm weather last few weeks. 

Really wish I would have known I was in a "downlow" lake effect zone in the Eastern suburbs past Walden and Transit before I moved here...we tend to get buried when the wind shifts a little further North and the bands go over Lackawanna, just south of Downtown Buffalo, barely miss the airport and hit us with a direct bullseye on their way to Batavia.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.