Bills defense had 12 men on the field for Dalvin Cook red zone stop in OT

Logic

22 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

It was Gabe not adjusting his route, again. 

Double post, saftey took the high route, he was supposed to settle down under (would have been WIDE OPEN) instead he kept running deep instead of settling down.  [Per post game press conference]

Second time I’ve seen somebody say this so I’m gonna check it again with that in mind lol makes more sense than what I was thinking cuz josh would’ve missed the throw I was thinking of by a huge amount 

ah didn’t even catch that you said it was from the press conference haha who said it in the conference?  so I watched that play 100 times for nothing 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

Nice job D. I'm just surprised that got missed, the way things were going to rack and ruin, that would have been extra icing on the cake.

The Davis missed call, was also poor, tbh, although at the time, it looked a great play. Bills did well to get another play off without much hanging around.

I've been with Belichick on the ability to challenge just about any call, for years. Too many mistakes seem to be made on things that aren't able to be challenged, and while having the booth look at stuff 'automatically', does remove some elements of that, it's only at the end of halves or games, that that gets done.

Coaches would still only have the same amount of flags, so there isn't going to be any difference in how often the game gets halted for challenges or timeouts.

Ya I want penalties to be challenged as well but I hate these calls even if they go in Bufs favor

Those 2 plays don't happen if we don't have a fluke fumble and how many times is Dorsey going to run a QB sneak with only Davis out wide to push him in? It was awesome the first cpl times but now defenses can be 109% sure what's coming. 

Spread the D out a bit for a change. Geez

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills got a lot of calls in their favor yesterday...only one that wasn't was the Singletary fumble...

Davis' non-catch on the 4th quarter drive...Cousins down on the sneak before putting the ball over the line...missed 12 man on D

Cousins was down on that sneak; his shoulder is touching the ground prior to the ball coming forward out of the shadows. He theoretically may have been across the line but it would of been impossible to tell.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Cousins was down on that sneak; his shoulder is touching the ground prior to the ball coming forward out of the shadows. He theoretically may have been across the line but it would of been impossible to tell.

Right, but what I mean is the refs could have ruled it a TD and that would have likely not been able to be overturned.  

Ironically, if they ruled it a TD it might have given us the few extra seconds we needed to go for a TD at the end of the game to win it when we had to kick a FG with only 5 seconds left.

I wasn't looking for a silver lining from this game but then the thought occurred to me, what if this had been a playoff game or - heaven forbid - a Super Bowl and to lose a game like this.  This would have been 10 times worse than 13 seconds because we had at least 5 or 6 times when you're about this close to saying game over (scoring TD to go up 17, 4th and 18, 81 yard run, executing a QB sneak, and on and on).  It would have been time to find the nearest bridge.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yep and they also got away with an incomplete pass on that Davis sideline catch late that should have been reviewed.

So for all the people that continue to blame injuries and other nonsense on this teams current struggles time to give it up.

Not sure what missed ref calls have to do with Bills injuries.

3 hours ago, boyst said:

football gods were kind to us yesterday. we deserved karma for both of these mistakes.

Eh - I thought we got hosed on the singletary fumble call.  The DPI late in the game was also a pretty lousy call IMO.  Jefferson didn't even play the ball on it and initiated contact.  They also mugged knox in the end zone.  I don't care where he's looking you wrapped him early.  

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya I want penalties to be challenged as well but I hate these calls even if they go in Bufs favor

Those 2 plays don't happen if we don't have a fluke fumble and how many times is Dorsey going to run a QB sneak with only Davis out wide to push him in? It was awesome the first cpl times but now defenses can be 109% sure what's coming. 

Spread the D out a bit for a change. Geez

Right? Have davis run clean by and snap it before he comes back - change it up or something.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I wasn't looking for a silver lining from this game but then the thought occurred to me, what if this had been a playoff game or - heaven forbid - a Super Bowl and to lose a game like this.  This would have been 10 times worse than 13 seconds because we had at least 5 or 6 times when you're about this close to saying game over (scoring TD to go up 17, 4th and 18, 81 yard run, executing a QB sneak, and on and on).  It would have been time to find the nearest bridge.

As far as just looking at losses this one is worse to me. The Bills should have had this game in the bag being up 3 scores and they blew it.  Dorsey completely abandoning the run in situations that they could have easily run the ball was just terrible playcalling.  The run game was working.  They activated 5 RBs for christ sake just to sit them on the bench. Also Josh not taken whats given in those scenarios.  Its one thing to go for the throat when you have to but he is too often going for the throat when he doesnt have to yet.  He needs to learn this.  Dorsey needs to be on his ass to get him to learn this.  Instead Dorsey is part of the problem because he also like to go for the throat.  I just dont think he is a very good OC.  At least not yet.  Hopefully that changes.

How has Knox turned from a guy making a lot of plays last year to a guy that has about 3 good plays in 8 games.  How does it take so long for them to get a very good receiving back utilized in this offense?  Every other teams trades have made plays for those teams.  I just dont think these offensive coaches are very good.

Edited by Scott7975

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

We got that missed call and probably Gabe’s sideline catch too.  It wasn’t reviewed but looked like the tip scraped the ground while he was still trying to control the ball.  Two breaks and they still screw it up.

I disagree, it looked like a good catch to me. Not enough evidence to overturn it. He had both hands under the ball, with control. 

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills got a lot of calls in their favor yesterday...only one that wasn't was the Singletary fumble...

Davis' non-catch on the 4th quarter drive...Cousins down on the sneak before putting the ball over the line...missed 12 man on D

It wasn’t a TD. Bills didn’t get a break. He didn’t score.

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

The DPI late in the game was also a pretty lousy call IMO.  Jefferson didn't even play the ball on it and initiated contact.

That was a disgustingly heads-up play by a very young WR. :censored:

I mean they have definitely improve since Wrecks Ryan's tenure...they would have had 12 guys on the field and still allowed a walk in TD.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah they also missed that Peterson stepped out of bounds before intercepting Josh.  By rule, he cant be the first to touch the ball after stepping out of bounds so that INT should have never happened.

I believe that only applies to an offensive player. The Rule only talks about receivers being out of bounds and illegally touching it, not defenders.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/ineligible-receiver/

Edited by Big Turk

If they had been given another chance and scored, is the outcome any different?  They got a TD one play later, the time off the clock would have been the same.

There were some officiating mistakes yesterday, but nothing that really altered the outcome of the game.  There was the Gabe Davis catch that should have been reviewed, but also there was pass interference that pretty clearly should have been called on the play right before the game sealing interception.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I mean they have definitely improve since Wrecks Ryan's tenure...they would have had 12 guys on the field and still allowed a walk in TD.

I believe that only applies to an offensive player. The Rule only talks about receivers being out of bounds and illegally touching it, not defenders.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/ineligible-receiver/

Yeah you are right I think.  I was assuming the same rule applied to defenders. I know McK wouldnt have been able to catch the ball because Peterson pushed him OOB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.