2021 Allen Compared to 2022 Allen

BuffaloBaumer

46 minutes ago, Mango said:

He’s also not going through progressions the last 3 weeks. On the all-22 he’s decided where the ball is going pre-snap. He looks past open guys to go for the home run. 

It’s weird. I don’t get it. It also, he’s been this guy before so I don’t know. I think we have to accept as a fan base this is sorta who he is. Favre had a HOF career doing the same thing. Josh will do the same. 

I think Daboll protected us from this a little bit more. He’d call the same play over and over again. Roll Josh right, run 3 crossers at 3 levels across the field with somebody on a curl in front as well. Dorsey has to get call the plays that hide this part of Josh. But also, it’s year 5, the league will figure it out.

What are you guys watching? He's a one man gang. 

I think a crash course in Risk Management would do Josh (and the coaching staff) some good. LOL

Josh is a wild stallion, and you do not want to take his swagger away from him -- but the wildness needs to be placed in check, and he needs to learn to better tread that fine line between being a gunslinger and being reckless. I mean, there is a time to play "Hero Ball" -- when the chips are down and a big play is a MUST. 2nd down, in sure tying-FG-range with plenty of time on the clock was not such a time.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/14/2022 at 9:04 AM, BuffaloBaumer said:

Aside from the obvious interception stat, I feel totally different now when I see Allen drop back for a pass. Last year, if he got rid of the ball relatively quickly, and threw the deep ball, I could not wait to see where that ball was going as you just knew it was going to be a big play. The same could be said when he rolled out and created more time, you just knew when he released it that something big was about to happen.

Now, it's back to the old panic attack as a fan and when he releases it, you just hope it's not another interception. When he threw that ball in OT on 2nd down and released it pretty quickly, I was CONVINCED someone must be WIDE OPEN. It was just so bizarre to see that it was another ball that was not even remotely close to his own receiver. Eventually, I'm sure he will shake this stretch of bad throws off but man, it really was quite a comfort watching him before, totally spoiled.

Geezus...2 weeks ago he was way out in front as the MVP.  Last week he was tied still as the fave for MVP.

Guy has a couple bad moments in the 2nd half of a couple games and now all of a sudden everything Allen has done is forgotten and people grossly over exaggerate the situation.  

This board is impossible to keep even keel.  Its always one extreme to the next. 

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Josh has played like a rookie the last 11 quarters.  He will be the first to tell you he's played like crap.  So I guess Josh is dumb too right?  LMAO at you.

No he has not.  The fact you said that tells me you don't know anything about football or you are too rooted in your biased opinion to remain objective.  

So you are saying Josh had a bad first half against the Vikings?  Are you serious?  Why because Devin got two of the TD's instead of Allen throwing them?  

What a ridiculous and ill informed comment.  2 of his 3 mistakes were the fumble at end of game and pick in OT.  But keep saying the ignorant statement he has been bad for 11 straight quarters.  Man this board is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No he has not.  The fact you said that tells me you don't know anything about football or you are too rooted in your biased opinion to remain objective.  

So you are saying Josh had a bad first half against the Vikings?  Are you serious?  Why because Devin got two of the TD's instead of Allen throwing them?  

What a ridiculous and ill informed comment.  2 of his 3 mistakes were the fumble at end of game and pick in OT.  But keep saying the ignorant statement he has been bad for 11 straight quarters.  Man this board is ridiculous.

I don't care if you agree or not, maybe watch his post-game interviews where he himself said he played like garbage.  He pretty much lost MVP consideration the last 3 games and lost his swag.  The two interceptions against the Packers and Jets were beyond horrible, three turnovers against the Vikes, the second interception lost the damn game.  You want to say he played great that's your opinion, but clearly he has regressed.  7 turnovers the last 11 quarters and the end result is 3rd place in the AFC East.

For the first time in his CAREER he has thrown two interceptions in three straight games.  

Last 3 games:

60 of 102 (58.8%) 753 yards 3 TD's 6 INT's

The numbers say it all.

rookie.JPG

Edited by Azucho98

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus...2 weeks ago he was way out in front as the MVP.  Last week he was tied still as the fave for MVP.

Guy has a couple bad moments in the 2nd half of a couple games and now all of a sudden everything Allen has done is forgotten and people grossly over exaggerate the situation.  

This board is impossible to keep even keel.  Its always one extreme to the next. 

I think what has people panicking is that Buffalo was firmly in the driver seat to host KC and now all roads lead through Arrowhead

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And I would even make the contrarian point that, despite all the struggles the last couple of games, Josh has actually been clutch too.

Against the Jets, he was on point on that final drive -- throwing a 70-yard pass on a dime to Davis AFTER the injury to the elbow. Sandwiched between the two bad plays you referenced on Sunday was the great drive with 40 seconds left to get the Bills into scoring range to force OT. In fact, if the defender does not make a calculated move to interfere with Davis on the last play before the kick, that is likely a walk-off TD to end regulation. Even in overtime, Josh was marching down the field using both his arm and legs. The next-to-last pass should have been the game winning TD to Knox. Still not excusing the ill-advised game ending INT, because regardless of whose fault it was, that was a pass that should never have been thrown.

I just find it interesting that, aside from a few plays, Josh played an excellent game against the Vikings. (Again, not arguing that those few bad plays weren't killers.) Meanwhile, we have Von Miller who was invisible most of the game -- and allowed Cousins to have plenty of time and a clean pocket to throw the ball downfield against our depleted secondary time and time again. But Miller does make 1 or 2 big plays, and that is all anyone remembers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Look at the teams rushing numbers. Remember all those superbowl qbs who lead their team in rushing? Tom Brady did it how many times? Now go fck yourself I'm not educating your dumb ass anymore . You're too stupid to get it.

Tom Brady didn't have to run the ball because historically his teams had really strong running games. So genius what does that have to do with Josh playing like a rookie (I'll get specific for you) PASSING the football and making BAD decisions THROWING the ball that cost us two consecutive games?

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Josh's current pace.... 

4,650 yards

34 touchdowns

17 INTs 

810 rushing yards

7 touchdowns 

8 fumbles

5,460 total yards

41 total TDs

25 total turnovers

Way Better projected actually:

5,162 yards

38 touchdowns

19 INTs 

899 rushing yards

8 touchdowns 

9 fumbles

6,061 total yards

46 total TDs

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I think what has people panicking is that Buffalo was firmly in the driver seat to host KC and now all roads lead through Arrowhead

So what, we are 3-0 in our last 3 games at Arrowhead.  Our official record says 2-1 thanks to a bone headed blunder by a ST Coordinator who is now in Jax causing chaos by not telling our kicker to squib it.  

This whole notion we can't win in KC is loser talk.  We beat them decisively twice and basically beat them a third time when both QB's played out of their mind if not for a self inflicted blunder and bad luck of a coin toss.  

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You're right, I was thinking week 10 = 10 games instead of 9. 

So Josh is on pace to shatter the total yards mark by 500 yards and you on here panicking?  Got it.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So what, we are 3-0 in our last 3 games at Arrowhead.  Our official record says 2-1 thanks to a bone headed blunder by a ST Coordinator who is now in Jax causing chaos by not telling our kicker to squib it.  

This whole notion we can't win in KC is loser talk.  We beat them decisively twice and basically beat them a third time when both QB's played out of their mind if not for a self inflicted blunder and bad luck of a coin toss.  

So Josh is on pace to shatter the total yards mark by 500 yards and you on here panicking?  Got it.  

How exactly am I "panicking" by posting what he's on pace for (I did it to show he's sorta on par with last season)? 

Let me know.... 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, BuffaloBaumer said:

Aside from the obvious interception stat, I feel totally different now when I see Allen drop back for a pass. Last year, if he got rid of the ball relatively quickly, and threw the deep ball, I could not wait to see where that ball was going as you just knew it was going to be a big play. The same could be said when he rolled out and created more time, you just knew when he released it that something big was about to happen.

Now, it's back to the old panic attack as a fan and when he releases it, you just hope it's not another interception. When he threw that ball in OT on 2nd down and released it pretty quickly, I was CONVINCED someone must be WIDE OPEN. It was just so bizarre to see that it was another ball that was not even remotely close to his own receiver. Eventually, I'm sure he will shake this stretch of bad throws off but man, it really was quite a comfort watching him before, totally spoiled.

I blame Dorsey for this !!!

• Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Furthermore, you dumb fck, the guy is injured and they're wrecking your franchise quarterback cause he is the offense by himself. They showed they don't know what they're doing drafting cook. So they leave him in there when he should be mending. Drag linebackers then read defenses. Then say hey you need to be more careful with the ball. Fck all that. Give it to Singletary and punt and play defense or get an NFL size runner to help. 

rookie.JPG.a6b555a2b37c43a4e383bb8376fe81ae.thumb.jpg.3bded551a89e81823ea93aa71697edeb.jpg

43 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

rookie.JPG.a6b555a2b37c43a4e383bb8376fe81ae.thumb.jpg.3bded551a89e81823ea93aa71697edeb.jpg

This stat actually supports the post that 10nemangang7 made. 

*  In the first half of the last three games Allen has been brilliant both throwing and running the football:  He scored 5 TD's with only one turnover (an INT).  He led the Bills to 62 points and leads in all 3 games.  Two of the leads were by double digits.

*  In the 2nd half the lack of an NFL quality running game forced the Bills to play a weird hybrid brand of offensive football where they passed as a substitute for running. At the same time the Bills defense either gave up game changing explosive plays - versus the Vikings - or allowed the Jets & Packers to go on long time consuming drives.  As a result Allen and the O got antsy and tried forcing the issue to get the game clinching TD.

The failure of the Bills to adequately address the deficiencies in their running game over the last four years is shameful.  It's a problem that EVERYONE has identified but they have been unable to fix. Until they do fix this you will continue to get uneven performances out of Allen and O in the 2nd half.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.