Poll: Sean Payton as Bills HC

extrahammer

Poll: Sean Payton as Bills HC  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the Bills replacing McD with Sean Payton as HC?

• F% YES!
    • F% NO!

This is simply ridiculous! So glad that "fans" are not the ones making the decisions. Right now we have a great tandem with McD and BB. After nearly 20 years of ineptitude, McD has led the Bills to the playoffs in 4 of his 5 seasons here. What is the best way to ruin a good thing? Destroy continuity, blow it up and constantly start over again!

Even this season -- the Bills are literally 3 plays away from being 9-0. Each of those games took something unlikely and the opponent playing out of their minds to beat the Bills. And that is with a team that is missing MANY starters.

While I do not agree with every decision that McD has made, he has created a great program with a winning formula. Once we get out of this funk, defense gets closer to healthy again -- and Josh gets his head on straight we will be fine, and folks with sense will look back at these cries to replace McD with laughter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 11/14/2022 at 9:13 AM, McBean said:

1. Jim Harbaugh

2. Eric Bieniemy

3. Sean Payton

Jim Harbaugh is a complete an utter tool. Bieniemy has serious reported issues as well. Payton is a Saban/Meyer like quitter. Burned out, then stay away.

13 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

And The Cheaters are the anomaly to everything. Brady and Belichick cheated their way too many wins. If that's how you want to get the Lombardi then hire Bill and hope he can produce the results with Allen. But I suspect he wouldn't like Allen, too much of a gun slinger. Every other SB winning coach in the modern era does not have multiple SB wins. Not Payton, Not Reid, Not McVay. This staff is our best bet at winning a SB. The only owner that would swap out coaches from a powerhouse team would be Davis. Because it would be crazy!

I do not fully disagree with you because there is still some cause for hope with this staff. But the question and debate is very much on point. 

Its a lot more difficult to get a very good QB than it is to get a good coach. After decades, we found our main man so kets not waste another 5 years waiting for the right coaches. That will be a monumental shame. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, if McDermott was to ever voluntarily step down, but no, otherwise.  McDermott's been a very good HC.  He's not perfect, but seems to learn from past mistakes.  He's only missed playoffs one season and the 17-yr playoff drought is not that distant of a memory yet to forget about.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because we've been winning.  2 division titles, playoff wins and consistent playoffs.  You don't get there by only beating bad teams.  

We kind of did though.  When you play good teams the score is usually close.  Poor coaching and player decision making is killing us in the close games.  From a probabilistic stand point if it’s a one score game there is a 73% chance we lose.  

4 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

McD has done a good job so far but there are critical barriers to his coaching and personnel prioritization:

- too many resources (drafts, FA) dedicated to one side of the ball

- Maddening inability to win close games

- getting outcoached in second half of too many games

- letting coordinators free without a seeming ability to influence their plans and schemes

with a Superbowl caliber roster, his teams lose too many critical games.

The question right now is - is he the coach for us now while the window is open and Allen is young 

Fair points.

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

We kind of did though.  When you play good teams the score is usually close.  Poor coaching and player decision making is killing us in the close games.  From a probabilistic stand point if it’s a one score game there is a 73% chance we lose.  

McDermott I believe has an above .500 winning percentage in one score games in his career.  

We have beaten 3 division leaders this year.

We are a simple QB/Center exchange from beating another.  

It seems every game we lose, its someone’s fault.  As in we are so incredibly good that losing should never, ever happen.  We are 6-3 with a rash of injuries and we have 8 games left.

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott I believe has an above .500 winning percentage in one score games in his career.  

We have beaten 3 division leaders this year.

We are a simple QB/Center exchange from beating another.  

It seems every game we lose, its someone’s fault.  As in we are so incredibly good that losing should never, ever happen.  We are 6-3 with a rash of injuries and we have 8 games left.

Again it’s not the losses, it’s how we lose.  We lose not because we aren’t the better team but because we are the worst coached and disciplined team.  For examples: Texans playoff game, Hail Murray, Titans botched QB sneak, Jaguars, Steelers opening day, Destroyed by Colts, 13 Seconds, Miami, Jets and Minnesota this year were all awful losses where coaching and player discipline were the primary factors.  

21 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Again it’s not the losses, it’s how we lose.  We lose not because we aren’t the better team but because we are the worst coached and disciplined team.  For examples: Texans playoff game, Hail Murray, Titans botched QB sneak, Jaguars, Steelers opening day, Destroyed by Colts, 13 Seconds, Miami, Jets and Minnesota this year were all awful losses where coaching and player discipline were the primary factors.  

We are not the worst coached and disciplined team....that's an extreme hyperbole.  Of all 32 Head Coaches, Sean McDermott is 32nd lol.

The only two factors are coaches and players.  Every game that has ever been played, the primary factors are the players and coaches.  Who else would it be?

Every team has bad losses....every team.  You can literally take any team and list bad losses.  Come on. 

The Chiefs might be pretty bad then.  They lost to the Bills and the Bills have the worst coached and most undisciplined team.  Their other loss was to the Colts who fired their coach because they were so bad.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We are not the worst coached and disciplined team....that's an extreme hyperbole.  Of all 32 Head Coaches, Sean McDermott is 32nd lol.

The only two factors are coaches and players.  Every game that has ever been played, the primary factors are the players and coaches.  Who else would it be?

Every team has bad losses....every team.  You can literally take any team and list bad losses.  Come on. 

The Chiefs might be pretty bad then.  They lost to the Bills and the Bills have the worst coached and most undisciplined team.  Their other loss was to the Colts who fired their coach because they were so bad.  

I’m sorry your lack of reading comprehension leads you to believe there is hyperbole within my post.  It’s pretty clear that I’m referring to the the coach being the worst of the two in the matchup.  As clearly annotated in my post it’s poor coaching and player decision making not poor coaching and players.  I’d love to get a glimpse of your ACT/SAT reading comprehension scores.  🤡 

McD definitely has room for improvement.  How many SB caliber teams are there this year?   How many of those teams will lose this off-season?  As a fan of that team would you fire the coach and refer to not winning the SB as choking?  You fire Reid if the Chiefs "choke" this year? 

12 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I’m sorry your lack of reading comprehension leads you to believe there is hyperbole within my post.  It’s pretty clear that I’m referring to the the coach being the worst of the two in the matchup.  As clearly annotated in my post it’s poor coaching and player decision making not poor coaching and players.  I’d love to get a glimpse of your ACT/SAT reading comprehension scores.  🤡 

It's not clear at all.  

"We lose not because we aren’t the better team but because we are the worst coached and disciplined team."

Worst of the two...which match up?  The games you listed?

Also: It's poor coaching and not poor coaching.  

As clearly annotated in my post it’s poor coaching and player decision making not poor coaching and players.

Ooooh, the SAT/ACT shot lol.

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

McD definitely has room for improvement.  How many SB caliber teams are there this year?   How many of those teams will lose this off-season?  As a fan of that team would you fire the coach and refer to not winning the SB as choking?  You fire Reid if the Chiefs "choke" this year? 

Andy Reid should have been fired at some point from this board 1999-2018 because he never won a Super Bowl.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

There was no way to stop it unless you wanted to fire McD and elevate Daboll. That would have been a tough sell around these parts coming off 2 seasons where only Kansas City has been our downfall.

I called for that but knew it would never happen.

Fans were periodically upset with him for play calls. Meanwhile he was the best OC we’ve ever had and I suspect his shortcomings were McDermott induced. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.