Poll: Sean Payton as Bills HC

extrahammer

Poll: Sean Payton as Bills HC  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the Bills replacing McD with Sean Payton as HC?

• F% YES!
    • F% NO!

41 minutes ago, T master said:

Here we go again FIRE THEM ALL LETS START ALL OVER  REBUILD THE TEAMS COACHING STAFF !!

If you want to say bring Payton in as a offensive consultant or even the offensive coordinator i'd say that might work but McD has brought this team from the bottom of the league to the top & by doing what the Bills did for 17+ years by everytime there is a problem firing the coach is not the thing to do .

Stability is a really good thing can we not learn anything from teams such as the Steelers, the early Cowboys & other teams that have not fired every coach after 3 or 4 years to go into another rebuild . I guess not in Buffalo some didn't learn a thing from the past lets keep the incompetence going ...

Josh Allen brought the team to the top, not McD.  He was able to get an extra win or two with the roster they had already, so they made the playoffs (when they probably shouldn't have).  McD has cost this team more than he's won this team.

• Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've said all along, anything short of a SB and you have to take a hard look at this current regime and what they truly bring to the table going forward.

And if a nightmare scenario plays out and this team doesn't even make the playoffs not sure how the Pegula's can simply accept that. Even backing into a WC spot and going one and done is the same thing IMO.

Just remember, in years past nobody wanted the Buffalo job for many obvious reasons including previous ownership. But if I'm a top HC candidate and see McD fired after this year, I'm begging my agent to secure an interview with the Bills and you will see every top candidate out there positioning themselves for the job.

• Agree 1

If we were to hire a new coach no matter who it is it would probably set our franchise back at least a couple years… idk about anyone else but I don’t wanna go through that crap again… I think everyone needs to just chill smoke a joint or something and see what happens the rest of the year

• Agree 1

Hard to argue with what Mcdermott and Beane have built.  Sean Payton is an excellent coach and turned the Aints into a Superbowl winning franchise.  A one and done playoff run and this is a reasonable question to ask.  Josh Allen and a #1 defense should result into more.  I expect Mcdermott to turn it around this year and have a deep playoff run. 

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't want them to waste any, but McDermott isn't getting fired most likely. Only Terry can answer that. It's not just McDermott as Beane also needs to share the blame. We are one of the worst teams in short yardage situations. We rely on Josh to do too much because we don't have a great run game. Beane has been the GM for 5 years now and the OL is still a problem.

I think that McDermott has far more power with this team than Beane. His drafts are a tell tale sign. He values defensive backs above all else and proved this when he traded Mahomes to the Chiefs before Beane was even there.

This team needs blockers and wide receivers. Sadly, McDermott shows no signs of caring that much about them.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.