Pulse check - How confident are you that we can beat the Browns

damj

Pulse check - How confident are you that we will beat the Browns?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that we will beat the Browns?

• Very - We are a better team and will cover the spread
    • Pretty confident - We will win, but not cover the spread
    • 50-50
    • Pessimistic - better than 50/50 we lose
    • The sky is falling - No way we will win

Jacoby Brissett isn't beating the Bills so it will come down to these 3 factors. IMHO

1. Do a decent job containing Chubb. He will make plays and get his yards but the Bills can't let him go off. By that I mean more than 130 yards rushing with 2 TD's or more.

2. Bills OL must play well. The Browns can get after the QB with their front 4 pretty well. Garrett is a beast. The Bills will have to hold their own in the battle at the LOS.

3. Turnovers - hopefully we get them and don't give them any. Allen needs to improve here. Stop always trying to play hero ball BS. Take what the defense gives you is a smart play.

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t blame anyone for being negative after yesterday but that really felt a lot like the loss to Arizona a couple years ago to me at least.  It was pretty much an act of god that beat us…Jefferson is amazing but he’d make that 4th down catch probably once or twice out of 100 tries.   

assuming we start getting some defensive players back I think we’ll have plenty of talent to ride it out if josh continues to struggle 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can’t blame anyone for being negative after yesterday but that really felt a lot like the loss to Arizona a couple years ago to me at least.  It was pretty much an act of god that beat us…Jefferson is amazing but he’d make that 4th down catch probably once or twice out of 100 tries.   

assuming we start getting some defensive players back I think we’ll have plenty of talent to ride it out if josh continues to struggle 

Should have never come down to that. The Jefferson catch, the Allen fumble. None of it should have mattered. 27-10 a three-score lead with 1:51 left in the 3rd quarter at home. The Bills can't close it out. The Cook TD changed everything. The Bills lost momentum at that point and never really got it back.

• Like (+1) 2

We've struggled and lost close games to 2 good teams. I don't know if we'll solve our problems by next week, but talent alone should get us over the Browns. If we straighten out the offense we'll win by double digits. If we don't, I think we win, but by less than 6

It depends how many of the better D players get back on the field. If Poyer and Edmunds are out (and neither White or Elam make it onto the field) the Brown's will take advantage of Dodson in the short/intermediate passing game and with the Bills poor tackling Chubb will have a monster game. The Bills are the better team on paper but just too many holes now to be better than 50-50 on this game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Confident in a win. I don’t even know what the spread is, but you can count in the Browns to lose a close one so I will keep my money in my pocket ATS. Biggest worry is Garrett blasting Allen. 

We opened at -7

Browns can bring pressure on D and they can run the ball, both kryptonite to this team

Bills better figure out a plan, maybe even tailor the game plan to emphasize strengths and minimize weaknesses.  An entirely radical concept, I know.

If the Bills lose to the Browns, with this much on the line, that's season and we can get back to what we do best, arguing about the draft

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

It depends how many of the better D players get back on the field. If Poyer and Edmunds are out (and neither White or Elam make it onto the field) the Brown's will take advantage of Dodson in the short/intermediate passing game and with the Bills poor tackling Chubb will have a monster game. The Bills are the better team on paper but just too many holes now to be better than 50-50 on this game.

This right here. Hard to make a prediction until we see what the injury situation is. If the Bills can get healthy then they should win. But if they play with many key guys still out then 6-4 is a real possibility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.